• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Royal Oak Offshore Diver 15710 JF V9 White face Pictorial review. Pic heavy!

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
Hi folks,
First of all, I'd like to say big thanks to Andrew trustytime for delivering this watch and helping me pick a superb example of this model! Great man to deal with, always responds prompt to emails and with so many payment options transaction was a breeze.

Initially I was after the Swiss ETA2824 version of the new XF AP FC Diver but since they were out of stock i settled on this as I had my eye on it for a while and I really happy with the choice I made, now that I had the chance to lay my hands on this watch.

Watch is build very well as you would expect from JF, very clear 1AR crystal, nice case polishing and the usual high quality rubber strap.

Comparing to the FC version this one, as expected is much heavier, yet still comfortable once on the wrist (and I have small wrists).

The dial, although it looks snow white on the pictures, has a slight metallic tint to it once viewed in natural light. I really like that and I find it adds more dept to the 3D effect of the tapisserie.

The movement is nicely decorated and I am a real sucker for open case backs, so that is a big plus for me. The etching on the caseback is also deep and crisp. Overall, with rep prices ever creeping up, this at $400 feels like a really solid buy.

The watch will come with extra XS rubber strap and Andrew also includes a nice travel pouch with every purchase. My XS strap and pouch didn't make it with the order and so I cannot take pictures of them, but we're sorting this one out and when they arrive I'll add pictures of them as well.

As you can see tho, the regular size strap will fit a fairly small wrist (mine is 6.5") so most people should be good to go out of the box.

I have used my phone camera with no filters so these won't be studio quality pics but hopefully good enough to clear any doubts you might have in purchasing this watch.

Onto the pictures:

My plan is to mod this and make a fantasy version with a ceramic bezel, paint the hour hand black with white lume to match the minute hand and paint the second hand tip red. Perhaps add Prof 2AR cyclops as well.

Hope you enjoy the picks and once again thanks Andrew trustytime for the awesome watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: N0tail_

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
This has to be a forum issue as they are loading on my desktop but not on my iPad in both Safari and Chrome.

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
Yes, it is a forum issue with imgur apparently. Not sure if it is fixed now as I'm on my desktop and I can see them.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
My plan is to mod this and make a fantasy version with a ceramic bezel, paint the hour hand black with white lume to match the minute hand and paint the second hand tip red. Perhaps add Prof 2AR cyclops as well.

Good luck to you buddy. I believe people like you (and me too) who like to think of building fantasy watches are the truest of the hobbyists in this replica world. No point getting a gen to destroy its value!! :)

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
Thanks for sharing!

Does JF update the dial color?

The dial should be cream white and the tachy is bright white, but the dial of V1 was bright white as well, I hope tha JF has revised this issue. (I’m not sure whether the dial is updated via the pictures...)

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
Thanks for sharing!

Does JF update the dial color?

The dial should be cream white and the tachy is bright white, but the dial of V1 was bright white as well, I hope tha JF has revised this issue. (I’m not sure whether the dial is updated via the pictures...)

Dial and divers bezel are same colour - white with slight metallic sheen when viewed in natural light.

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
Dial and divers bezel are same colour - white with slight metallic sheen when viewed in natural light.

Thank you for the reply!
I thought they changed the dial to cream white... Still a stunning watch tho!

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
I think you might be mistaken with your perception of what the gen looks like. The cream colour face is for the white/ blue version as far as I am aware.

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
I think you might be mistaken with your perception of what the gen looks like. The cream colour face is for the white/ blue version as far as I am aware.

Here are some gen pics for your reference.

img_1217_copy_3.jpg

You can also check some gen photos on Instagram, it's easy to tell the White Diver is gen or rep by the dial color.

Reactions: Rina1988

Less

30/9/18
DE
It seems to be that there is a new V9.5 by JF but why have they used the old case back (no glass)? Does anyone know that? Thanks!

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
In my 15710 JF with A2824 fully modded the tachy and the dial DO NOT have the same color. In real life it is evident, in photo might not be as much
tachy is white, dial is not so white

now is it that creamy flat white in those photo ? No, thank god ...I like it more this way

qle0912

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/5/18
Picked this one up 2 months ago. Love the watch. It is absolutely gorgeous but the dial and tachy color is really not close to gen. The white looks different and the lume is not so great. What's your experience with the lume on the watch?

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
Picked this one up 2 months ago. Love the watch. It is absolutely gorgeous but the dial and tachy color is really not close to gen. The white looks different and the lume is not so great. What's your experience with the lume on the watch?

Hi qle0912, the lume of the gen is bad also, which is a result of the black mixed with it.

Here is a quote from a gen review for you:

”As far as readability, the use of a black minute hand and an hour hand with black luminescent coating makes it quite challenging to read the time underwater. Then comes the poor luminescent material utilized by AP. While the lume on the black dial models is not perfect either, it is much brighter as this luminescent coating is white, while the luminescent material on the silver-toned dial is black and simply awful.

If you are a crazy 'lume lover' like us, you will be completely disappointed. The picture below, was taken after exposing the dial to a UV lamp for more than five minutes and within 20 seconds, the lume would be so weak that it was almost impossible to get a proper shot.”

As far a dial goes, I actually like JF dial much better than the off white AP uses and I’m happy with it.

hope this helps.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
As far a dial goes, I actually like JF dial much better than the off white AP uses and I’m happy with it.

+1

also i'd like to know how many 15710 white dial owner have gone diving