• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Logo Misalignment on JF Diver V7 Crown

madmax42

13/5/18
Hi, my diver jf v7 has off-centered ap logo on the crown and I am looking for a good replacement. What is the best way of getting it?
I already contacted puretime and they don't have it.
I found some crowns on Aliexpress for $22 bucks but I don't know if they are good quality or fit my diver.
Any help will be appreciated! Thx

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
that's a common issue for all ap diver;s rep, as the logo is stamped in-house after the crown is manufactured by the suppliers.
If you would like a good replacement, the best one would be buying the gen crown.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Op, unless you selling that AP as gen i see no reason to change that crown, surely there are more things you can improve before that ... :D

reppists ive been asking you the same question over and over but please do tell me, is the JF 15400 tourbillon going to happen?

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Op, unless you selling that AP as gen i see no reason to change that crown, surely there are more things you can improve before that ... :D

reppists ive been asking you the same question over and over but please do tell me, is the JF 15400 tourbillon going to happen?

Which 15400tourbillon, do you have any photos?

Keylog74

14/6/13
Which 15400tourbillon, do you have any photos?

When puretime was giving us info, showed a picture of a new tourbillon movement that JF was working on. than no news after

this is the model im talking about.

TOURBILLON%20RO%20BLUE.jpg

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
When puretime was giving us info, showed a picture of a new tourbillon movement that JF was working on. than no news after

JF has made a prototype movement before, but the thickness is nearly identical to the TF as well as the demand on this model is not as high as the other ap reps, therefore they have stopped working on this model for a while.
However, since there are some new models with different colours coming out this year, they can reuse the movement that they have produced and put on it (I didn't hear about anything so far).
But certainly not repping the model of the photo that you've sent.

Keylog74

14/6/13
JF has made a prototype movement before, but the thickness is nearly identical to the TF as well as the demand on this model is not as high as the other ap reps, therefore they have stopped working on this model for a while.
However, since there are some new models with different colours coming out this year, they can reuse the movement that they have produced and put on it (I didn't hear about anything so far).
But certainly not repping the model of the photo that you've sent.

coming out from JF or AP? and you refer to the royal oak tourbillon line correct?

kebu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/16
reppists oh wow, that ap tourby looks amazing. Any idea when we can expect some more news on this beauty? Ive been reading JF is making it. Are you saying there is an APF making it instead now?

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
reppists oh wow, that ap tourby looks amazing. Any idea when we can expect some more news on this beauty? Ive been reading JF is making it. Are you saying there is an APF making it instead now?

lol no, what I mean is JF has abandoned the tourbillon project a while ago. But since AP (the gen) has released some new tourbillon models this year, JF can potentially reuse the tourbillon movement that they have designed before and implement them onto the new models. (But I've not heard anything from JF regarding to the AP tourbillon)

kebu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/16
reppists ohh sorry my bad, how stupid of me haha. Thats a bit sad, i was really looking forward to a new version. Thanks of clarifying!!

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
reppists ohh sorry my bad, how stupid of me haha. Thats a bit sad, i was really looking forward to a new version. Thanks of clarifying!!

no worries! However, I know TF is making a tourbillon rep (not ap), it's somewhat impressive :)

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK

Changing the tapisserie for AP's new one makes it a much better looking watch. I've always thought the original 15400 tourby looked really crude with that hole punched in the dial of what was a beautiful original design.

Last edited: