• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen straps for Roo diver

ondukwe11

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/17
In the market for a gen strap for my roo diver. Looking for pre made rather than custom. I’ve looked throughout few TDs here and haven’t had much luck. Even if you’re looking to sell I’m interested

Sent from the RWI App

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
I have a gen strap for ROO but not the diver for sale. However, it doesn't fit very well on my JF (both Rubberclad and Diver). Heard you have better success with a Noob strap plots but doubt you have a Noob. Would require serious modding of the JF plots to make the strap fitr without a gap and it wouldn't be cheap either as it'd take a long time. Perhaps slaughterer62 can chip in.

Reactions: vcappp

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Gen straps fit with a gap. If you want a non-rubber Diver strap, why not just buy one from vic aka SMPLover aka Strap Hautmakerie? He designed an insert for the JF plots and his straps fit perfectly as a result. If you buy gen rubber, you can modify either the strap or the plots to eliminate the gap.

aplover88

Known Member
29/5/17
slaughterer62 Can you please tell us how to fix the plots to fit the gen straps ? have you done it before ? How much would you charge for doing this work ?

playingthe4

Known Member
1/3/19
Interested as well, as I need plots for a jf diver

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

hibee999

20/10/15
Does it eliminate the gap if you use gen plots ?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
When I looked into it for my diver I was told Gen plots will not fit on JF properly without modification nor will a gen strap, however I believe they are interchangeable on Noob divers. The best route to take is a custom strap from a Strap maker on here such as Vic etc. which will come with inserts in the strap so there is no gap when mounted. If the gap doesn't bother you then you might be able to do what you are asking, but if you want a perfect fit with no gap I would highly recommend a custom strap.

From what I recall, Gen plots run a couple hundred bucks 200-400, Gen leather strap will run you another 600-700 or so, if you want rubber they're around 300-400 for Gen rubber. Then there will be considerable costs for modifications and shipping etc. All prices in USD.

Just buy a custom strap made to your exact specifications, we have great strap makers here who can make you anything you want.

If you don't want to wait for a strap to be custom made or just want a great deal in general you can check out donerix's Strap of the Day sales. He has plenty of very reasonably priced straps that he posts almost daily.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...onerix-sod-strap-of-the-day-sale-january-2019

charity7

6/12/16
When I looked into it for my diver I was told Gen plots will not fit on JF properly without modification nor will a gen strap, however I believe they are interchangeable on Noob divers. The best route to take is a custom strap from a Strap maker on here such as Vic etc. which will come with inserts in the strap so there is no gap when mounted. If the gap doesn't bother you then you might be able to do what you are asking, but if you want a perfect fit with no gap I would highly recommend a custom strap.

From what I recall, Gen plots run a couple hundred bucks 200-400, Gen leather strap will run you another 600-700 or so, if you want rubber they're around 300-400 for Gen rubber. Then there will be considerable costs for modifications and shipping etc. All prices in USD.

Just buy a custom strap made to your exact specifications, we have great strap makers here who can make you anything you want.

If you don't want to wait for a strap to be custom made or just want a great deal in general you can check out donerix's Strap of the Day sales. He has plenty of very reasonably priced straps that he posts almost daily.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...onerix-sod-strap-of-the-day-sale-january-2019

Hi there, you are saying that the GEN plots will fit on the JF case? and once fitted will be able to buy a gen strap? Sorry if I sound like I don't know anything but I'm learning and have a JF V9.5 so I want to know as much as I can on the rep. Regards!:wave-1:

charity7

6/12/16
Hi there, you are saying that the GEN plots will fit on the JF case? and once fitted will be able to buy a gen strap? Sorry if I sound like I don't know anything but I'm learning and have a JF V9.5 so I want to know as much as I can on the rep. Regards!:wave-1:

WOW. Just read the first sentence!! Did not read properly before replying, NEVER MIND MY COMMENT!

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
I have a gen hornback on my JF white diver - fits perfectly with zero gaps...

Reactions: Pdatoon

Rawbe

I'm Pretty Popular
8/4/15
CA, USA
Woundup Are you sure yours is a V9.5? I believe the "gap issue" is on V9.5. JF V8 and before would not have the gap.

But as has been mentioned before the gap on V9.5 is actually gen spec, all of the gens have them.

I know QueTip loves talking about Gen strap fitment and might be able to chime in to help you out.

​​​​​​​Right? slaughterer62 :popcorn2:

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
White diver hasn’t been released as v9.5 yet. So any that you can buy are v8 or lower. I’ve been waiting for quite a while myself until I kinda lost interest but nothing so far....