• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New JF 15400 V4

Bogdanoff

Horology Curious
14/6/18
Come on lol nobody sees that on your wrist ive even seen such issues on Gen. As an example i saw yesterday a hublot classic fusion with crooked midlinks so yeah nothing is perfect

Edit: on my V2 its lined up and on the picture here in the thread too

I have a v3, had a v2s IIRC and saw 3 others + they all had it. It is certainly there and even 100 dollar wristwatches I had did not have such a blatant flaw (especially since it is v3 now). I can live with a wrong colored hand or such but this is from my pov the thing which needs to be addressed the most. Pics here in the thread are low quality, bad angle and so you cannot see anything on it.

I have seen hand falling of on Hublots too, most likely what you describe is a failure in putting it together correctly. Here you cannot fix it anymore.

Here again a proof

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180406/5908f28c12ca4bbff1b58cdd6cc0f50d.jpg

I recommend to go gen on this one.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Iam talking about Gen hublot mate

Show me one watch which looks exactly Like the AP for your price not even the didun crapwatches has that they are all incorrect.

400 USD vs 18k ...

Bogdanoff

Horology Curious
14/6/18
Iam talking about Gen hublot mate

Show me one watch which looks exactly Like the AP for your price not even the didun crapwatches has that they are all incorrect.

400 USD vs 18k ...

So because it looks like an AP15400 all its flaws can be forgiven and must not be corrected? I am just saying they should fix that since it as its obvious the case is crap atm and it exists since v1 yet is an really easy fix (for them, not for the consumer). If 50 dollar watches can be straight why this one is free of any criticism regarding that?

Flaws on gens are common. Bracelet not seated correctly, hands falling off, bezel not 100% straight etc. But I do not understand what that has to do with anything we are talking about here. I am not a guy who complains about dial features, the thickness or such, I am not using a magnifier but if even the case is messed up this is certainly not a good rep anymore. JF can build straight watches for sure but why are all APs from them of every type crooked?

Its not the only JF AP suffering from this, take a look at this also

https://www.rw-forum.com/uploads/20...a08add61cd1c7351270cc689dd9b2_fx20gfy42u2.jpg

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
http://trustytimestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_246&products_id=18029

Video from Trustys shop. Look at 00.31. Upper case, caseback and middle case are not aligned. Totally not aligned. Also, the lines are not straight on the middle case in many cases, meaning they are crooked. I have seen 5 of them now and they all do have it. Reshaping is not possible, the amount would damage the whole cases optic beyond reparation. Same goes for the edges of the bezel. I do not understand why since the parts are actually not too hard to manufacture.

the solution is simple mate, don't buy the watch then.......

Reactions: Tigerdragon

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
So because it looks like an AP15400 all its flaws can be forgiven and must not be corrected? I am just saying they should fix that since it as its obvious the case is crap atm and it exists since v1 yet is an really easy fix (for them, not for the consumer). If 50 dollar watches can be straight why this one is free of any criticism regarding that?

Flaws on gens are common. Bracelet not seated correctly, hands falling off, bezel not 100% straight etc. But I do not understand what that has to do with anything we are talking about here. I am not a guy who complains about dial features, the thickness or such, I am not using a magnifier but if even the case is messed up this is certainly not a good rep anymore. JF can build straight watches for sure but why are all APs from them of every type crooked?

Its not the only JF AP suffering from this, take a look at this also

https://www.rw-forum.com/uploads/20...a08add61cd1c7351270cc689dd9b2_fx20gfy42u2.jpg

Iam sorry but if GENS can't get the shit done on a 15k or more watch you really except that the case and stuff will be perfect on a 400 usd rep? Even the Logos are 80 % misaligned on the JF 15400 and the markers but whats your solution? You can buy the Gen and they can fix it yes.

Sorry but nobody cares about that case thing i bought a 15202 rep for 139 dollar and the case is in wrong shape and the bracelet too. But i like the watch because it was very cheap ofcourse on a 400 USD rep i would say please give me another one but you can't tell me that the misaligned case flaw sees anyone ON the wrist thats just impossible.

Still waiting for the 100 USD watch who looks like an AP except "didun" which is a watch company who sells replicas (low budget) with a new dial lol

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
Come on lol nobody sees that on your wrist ive even seen such issues on Gen. As an example i saw yesterday a hublot classic fusion with crooked midlinks so yeah nothing is perfect

Edit: on my V2 its lined up and on the picture here in the thread too

I don't think that would ever happen in Gen.
I would have to see it on a Gen to believe it You don't pay 15k and up for crappy qc

With that said.. Reps.. I am understanding of cases not aligning . People don't examine your watch so up close.

Bogdanoff

Horology Curious
14/6/18
Iam sorry but if GENS can't get the shit done on a 15k or more watch you really except that the case and stuff will be perfect on a 400 usd rep? Even the Logos are 80 % misaligned on the JF 15400 and the markers but whats your solution? You can buy the Gen and they can fix it yes.

Sorry but nobody cares about that case thing i bought a 15202 rep for 139 dollar and the case is in wrong shape and the bracelet too. But i like the watch because it was very cheap ofcourse on a 400 USD rep i would say please give me another one but you can't tell me that the misaligned case flaw sees anyone ON the wrist thats just impossible.

Still waiting for the 100 USD watch who looks like an AP except "didun" which is a watch company who sells replicas (low budget) with a new dial lol

AP gets it done each and everytime (atleast on the 3 pieces I have from them so far). I meant cheaper gens, not 15k pieces. Maybe it is more stark in contrast to me since I have the genuine timepiece in my small collection.

139 dollar is far less. Machining errors of that kind should not happen @400 something, they are just a lack of care, nothing else. The lack of a better alternative does not justify making such blunt mistakes (especially if it happens time and time again). It is just funny to me how people complain about the dial or misaligned markers (which can easily be fixed and actually are harder to identify), yet accept things which cannot be fixed and are much easier visible.

Whatever - I said what I wanted to say and leave you with that

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
139 dollar is far less. Machining errors of that kind should not happen @400 something, they are just a lack of care, nothing else. The lack of a better alternative does not justify making such blunt mistakes (especially if it happens time and time again). It is just funny to me how people complain about the dial or misaligned markers (which can easily be fixed and actually are harder to identify), yet accept things which cannot be fixed and are much easier visible.

I think for most a matures, myself included . Figuring out how to fix these minor things to be difficult for us, so we want it perfect

And I'm sure you are the same. Once you notice a flaw you can't un notice it. With that said. . Expecting dial to have same 3D printing or perfect font size location color etc On a 400 usd watch VS a 15k watch is silly

I'll be very happy with similar case width and thickness

I really want the next batch to improve

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I saw a 60k AP gold Gen Chronograph with mud on the second hand + dust under the crystal on the dial. Now what?

I saw hublot full ceramic watches with broken cases and broken ceramic and Not even one watch no 2-3 watches (they dont make that watch anymore ask you self why :D)

Guys nothing against pointing out flaws i do that myself a lot but some flaws are just make no sense because they machine the parts from different suppliers because its illegal in china to replicate watches thats why its not fitting 100% same with hublot etc

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Then you woke up from the nightmare?
Also reported for blasphemy. ????
It was an official YouTube Video lol go into an AP botique and look at the watches you will find MANY flaws, Gen owners dont care that much as we are. Same with other watchbrands.

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
It was an official YouTube Video lol go into an AP botique and look at the watches you will find MANY flaws, Gen owners dont care that much as we are. Same with other watchbrands.

I spent a good 20 minutes looking through YouTube but only 1 came up . Strap and clasp issue
I guess if these are made my hand, there could be problems But I thought case work, dials were made by machines.. So irregular issues seem less likely .

But now I have to drag my bum to a boutique and see if you are trolling or not . Grrrrrr

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Iam sorry my friend this was in the JF V2 thread sadly before the crash but other people saw it too maybe an moderator can look it up it was before christmas last year i even can look it up in my history, why should i troll you? Ive been here for 5 years (almost) and do post every day and help everybody everday so its a little disrepectful to calling someone a "troll" i have no reason to do that? Sounds really like an AP fanboy

2 Gold chronos in an botique in Germany they were talking about the latest model and were showing different models etc

Edit: Watchmakers put them together thats how mud and shit can be on the hands and dust under the crystal.

Edit2: Ok was not Germany there is no botique here but they spoke german so maybe i can find it let me search a little

Last edited:

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
Iam sorry my friend this was in the JF V2 thread sadly before the crash but other people saw it too maybe an moderator can look it up it was before christmas last year i even can look it up in my history, why should i troll you? Ive been here for 5 years (almost) and do post every day and help everybody everday so its a little disrepectful to calling someone a "troll" i have no reason to do that? Sounds really like an AP fanboy

2 Gold chronos in an botique in Germany they were talking about the latest model and were showing different models etc

Edit: Watchmakers put them together thats how mud and shit can be on the hands and dust under the crystal.

Edit2: Ok was not Germany there is no botique here but they spoke german so maybe i can find it let me search a little

I apologize for calling you a troll, I didn't really have any malice behind it.

Young&Free

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/11/18
Hi guys, just ordered my first rep ap15400 v4. Waiting for my QCs. Anyone has their v4 they like to share?

Reactions: Masilinho007

Mille

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
S.....
[h=4]Audemars Piguet[/h] [h=3]Royal Oak 15400ST.OO.1220ST.02 41mm Stainless Steel Case JF 1:1 Best Edition White Textured Dial on Stainless Steel Bracelet A3120 V4 (Date Font Update)[/h]