• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone received AP Diver JF V9 yet?

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
all those guys flexing the v7 super reps on insta at the beginning of each month must pull a few laughs from gen owners. green light your v9 and have the hands relumed with a mikey or legend date wheel and cyclops upgrade.

Rep SS Divers are getting very common in the EU these days. I see them more and more.

ljewell646

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
20/5/18
Just got my v9 today. Overall pretty pleased as I'm not one to be overly picky. Plan on getting a new crystal and possible relume. Any suggestions for relume?

Just wondering how big of a tell the DW is too

What are your thoughts

https://imgur.com/gallery/M4t1SDJ

Reactions: reppin

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
what is the first thing you look for to spot a rep SS diver?

depends on the distance you are I guess..

tachy and dw would be the most glaring, followed by lowb movement if you ask me

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
Here is my thoughts on DW as a tell. If the person can see the font of your DW, they most likely can see your timing ring. I would think that if you knew exactly what the font was supposed to look like, you would definitely know what the Timing ring is supposed to look like or the beat of the movement. It is only us on these forums that can tell.
By all means, I am not discouraging anyone from buying DW, low beat and other mods- I do. To me I see it almost like a challenge to try and get the rep as close to Gen as possible, that is the fun in it to me. I probably spent more money than I could have bought the Gen diver for in buying parts to try and perfect the rep diver. I definitely have over 2k in crystals, Cyclops, dials and other parts that I did not use, I just bought them for experiments to try and find the closest to gen.
My point is we all mod these for different reasons. But if the dial is a tell, than does it matter if a few if the numbers on the DW are a tell. I strive for perfection with my reps, but that is the fun for me. Remember on social media or in pictures it is easy to study and someone will always be able to tell (and they would be a member here) but day to day on your wrist is a lot harder to tell.
Stay thirsty my friends.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
depends on the distance you are I guess..

tachy and dw would be the most glaring, followed by lowb movement if you ask me

the person would also need to keep their hands still, which isn't normal for the average person you walk pass on the street hehe

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
the person would also need to keep their hands still, which isn't normal for the average person you walk pass on the street hehe

in fact if you are trying to peek on someone else's wrist across the room or swinging by walking on the streets i say it's really really hard to judge. (read it as impossible)

if you are at the same table or in a meeting you can definitely scrutinize it better

Fastpaced said:
I definitely have over 2k in crystals, Cyclops, dials and other parts that I did not use, I just bought them for experiments to try and find the closest to gen.

I'm sure you can recoup selling them ;)

PS: bottom line, 99% of the people out there dont give af about your watch. This is only a parallel universe for sick junkies like us.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
what is the first thing you look for to spot a rep SS diver?

You are going to laugh, but it is the sparkle and flash of the indices. What recently raised my eyebrow is last weekend I saw a DHL deliverer (not mine) wearing a V7 SS Diver.

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
I think the tachy is corrected on v9 then v7. Wish i can get the tachy only and replace mine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
mod the diver like chip tuning a car.
throw a few unverified cost. JF v9 is 85% gen. go from 85% to 96% cost $250. 96% to 98% cost $550. 98% to 99% cost $ and so on.

v9 stage 1; relume hands only with c1. date wheel mod. cyclops upgrade. ask yourself why not add other two mods when hands are off?
stage 2; low beat movement. AR crystal.
stage 3; total relume. rebrush.
stage 4; start add gen parts.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I think the tachy is corrected on v9 then v7. Wish i can get the tachy only and replace mine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

how can you guys say that ??? It looks totally identical to any other jf tachy to me !!!

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
throw a few unverified cost. JF v9 is 85% gen. go from 85% to 96% cost $250. 96% to 98% cost $550. 98% to 99% cost $ and so on.

v9 stage 1; relume hands only with c1. date wheel mod. cyclops upgrade. ask yourself why not add other two mods when hands are off?

99% cost $4400, gen hands, gen dial and gen movement

Reactions: Brian Bui

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12

few members go beyond stage 1+2.
on a tight budget leave the AR crystal, jf sapphire is near gen already

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

How good can a total relume by hand look? Surely the tachy will end up looking home made?

Reactions: ssouthall6

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Reluming the timing ring is something only a few can accomplish precisely. I can only totally succeed at it when I am completely in the zone and after alot of sleep. You would laugh, but there are days when I say to myself: no reluming today, too little sleep. Get a lume artist who is intimately knowledgeable of his own bio-limits. They also have to lume under microscope, which few actually do.

Reactions: RolexLover80

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
sausage style relume. only trust a pro

images-6fe0bc5e7b95.gif

Reactions: mech500