• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Audemars ROO and Diver Plots Comparison (GEN, JF, NOOB)

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Will a gen AP rubber will fit a JF case ? Should i use Noob plots because i read somewhere these plots are better out of the box ?
A gen AP gator or hornback is an high end strap, how could i be sure i can use it with my JF/JFac ROO or Diver ?

Now the answers !

To create this topic and answer to these questions, i use a JF Diver v8 16710st, with JF plots, gen plots, gen rubber and hornback, and spare noob plots that FastPaced send me to complete the comparison.

First the 16710 JF with JF plots and JF Safari v2 Mokka rubber :
E2hzxFah.jpg

No gap, perfect angle :
UeZTpAth.jpg

then the JF case with the noob plots :
NlISYUMh.jpg

The angle is totally wrong, and these plots are totally uselle, even with a gen rubber :
NagoGsIh.jpg

No need to put the other plot. Sorry i have been lazy here, but Noob plots and JF diver case has no interest.
yKK762Sh.jpg

Now, can we use JF plots with a gen AP rubber or leather strap ?
Yes the rubber can be fitted, but there is a little gap and the JF strap are better to use on the JF case
9Xz7vJ9h.jpg

For the Gen hornback, there isn't any problem to use the JF plots, there is a tiny gap but normal imho :
A4oLMVth.jpg

zJMcvalh.jpg

And now to compare and understand the gen plots, the comparison : Gen(left) vs Jf(center) vs Noob(right)
vQtb2JWh.jpg

H0YJ3n8h.jpg

7UBH5Q9h.jpg

Wg7QYlHh.jpg

In these picts it's easy to understand why the noob plots can't be fitted because the angle isn't the right one.
The JF plots has practically the same design than the gen, with the correct angle but are higher from 0,5mm i will say.

So, now the gen set on the Jf case
abFoqaCh.jpg

D41cdMih.jpg

and to finish even the gen set with the JF rubber
b7wJrjFh.jpg

To conclude, the JF plots are the best to use with the JF case.
If you use a gen rubber on a ROO / Diver you will have a tiny gap.

You can use a gen leather strap on a ROO / Diver without any issue, like in this last serie of picts with a gen AP Havana 2017. I wont close it, the strap is totally new and unworn (soon on sale.)

So after the mokka diver :
E2hzxFah.jpg

WJoIC6Gh.jpg

Here is the "Carribean" diver with the gen Havana :
ZSD1qMCh.jpg

C41fQ0xh.jpg

V2yPfKKh.jpg

NxS7330h.jpg

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Hey OP, thanks indeed for the write up! Your post will be very useful to many people. The plots compatibility question is almost as old as this place :) Thanks again

Reactions: Rufctr2

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Nice work. Thanks. I always try to summarize by saying the gen plots are somewhere between JF and Noob plots. Noob plots on noob case works fine, but noob plots are horrible on a JF case.

TimeDelux

Renowned Member
10/5/14
thank you so much for this, the gap on JF with gen strap always bothered me. Will stick to JF straps with JF plots on my JF cases

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Since you have three watches with you, I’ve been wondering why would the gen’s plot flexible, and jf doesnt? Is it possible to mod jf plot or put in gen’s insert onto jf case so it makes the plot move when bend?

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
On BIG note here. The plots I sent him were from my Noob ROO Chrono. Apparently they are completely different on the Noob ROO Chrono than the diver. So I will see if I have any Noob Diver plots to send so he can do a comparison.