• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best APs?

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Do. Some. Reading.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Nobody is going to spoonfeed you every little question you could’ve easily answered yourself if you did a little reading on here. :facepalm:

LargoRoad

Horology Curious
23/5/18
Nobody is going to spoonfeed you every little question you could’ve easily answered yourself if you did a little reading on here. :facepalm:

I’m new here I barely know how to use this forum, can’t find much on the 2nd link I sent, the A7750 Royal Oak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
The third link you posted is the one to go for! GLWS

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
Here is sound advice. Buy whatever AP rep you lime best, the process will take 2-3 weeks. Then start to do a LOT of reading and research on here to find out all the ins and outs of reps. That is the only way you will end up getting what you want. They are so many people that are going to say buy this one it is a Super Rep- but it is not, they just think it is because they think a Super rep is a rep that looks good- that is NOT a super rep. You will hear, get a JF v7 diver it is a super rep! What they won't tell you is:
Dial is not shinny like gen
Case doesn't have same geometry as gen
Plots are different than gen, so gen straps don't fit perfectly
Second hand moves faster than gen (bps)
Cyclops has blue tint gen does not
AP logo on crown is not in line with straight edge of rubber
Crystal is not as clear as Gen
Hands are a little different than gen
Datewheel font is different than gen
Etc.

Is it a great looking watch- hell ya.
If you friend has a gen of it and you are with him wearing yours could you definitely see a difference- hell ya

Point is, v7 is one of the better AP reps- but has a lot of big flaws (dial not being "wet" is a HUGE one). So the only way to find what you are looking for is read, read, read, I would say you need a SOLID 60 hours of reading just to scratch the surface. Then you can figure out what flaws you can live with and what ones are a deal breaker.
Listen very carefully to this part- any answer you get on "what is the best AP rep" is just an opinion, and usually by someone than has no idea. The people on her that have done all the research and taken them apart have already posted the information, they will not keep repeating themselves answering the same question over and over again- you must dig deep in the forum for the information.
Just look are the last 200 threads (threads not posts inside the thread) and count how many people posted a "I am new on here, who makes the best..." then you will understand everything I am saying and Q's answer.

Blue Ocean

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/12/17
Great post FastPaced!
totally agree

It’s just a matter of doing his homework to know if he can live with the flaws

On another note I believe latest Divers with exhibition caseback have a mat dial. Not having a Wet dial is OK in my opinion.

You should keep in mind that 99% of the people will not notice the flaws most rep have.

before buying my 1st AP JFv3, I underestimated the rotor noise from the Miyota 9015 and the fact that the sapphire is a little above the flat bezel
just my 2 cents

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
The open caseback model does have a matt dial. It also doesn't have those the Swirl lines cut into it.
15703- wet dial, swirls, closed caseback
15710- matte dial, no swirls, open caseback