• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can the newly released XF V2 FC Diver 15706 be considered a super rep?

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Hey guys. I am the OP. I ended up buying an MB AMG C43 (2019 model), and I am now considering to add some CSC5P ZR tires and a better cold air intake to it.

I have not been wearing this AP for a while because it feels a bit bulky while driving and studying (I will take a few important exams in a few months). Recently I have been wearing the white daytona 116520 and I think I will need a quartz or mechanic VC that is thin and quiet. Hopefully some rep makers will have it since I don't want to go gen...

I just bought a Daytona from STAN / WBK. And it's a Seiko VK MOVEMENT. Is it considered as quartz? I'll be receiving it this 06.02.19. I'm hoping it has a good quality =)

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I just bought a Daytona from STAN / WBK. And it's a Seiko VK MOVEMENT. Is it considered as quartz? I'll be receiving it this 06.02.19. I'm hoping it has a good quality =)

Have you got a link for that Daytona, I checked his listings and could not find it. Thanks.

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Have you got a link for that Daytona, I checked his listings and could not find it. Thanks.

Hey =) just got it today. Just email him the watch that you want and he will source it for you. Please be reminded that he offers reps with Seiko VK Movement.

The daytona that I received from him is lightweight but it has a good color =)

nicks

21/5/13
Some different opinions about the v2 and the v3, some say that the only change is the End links and some say that the Bezel is brushed differently.
Can someone with knowledge confirm whats what?

ljewell646

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
20/5/18
So is the overall conclusion to stay away from the v3? Is the brushing style different from v2 across the board on v3 or hit and miss? Seems to be like the v9 green hands issue which I pulled the trigger too fast and paid for relume only to have the 9.5 come out months later.

Really wanting the fc and toro is my guy but doesn’t seem to have v2 on his site. Should I wait for a “v3.5” lol

There is one on trusty for 378 and says “mod” but I thought v2 xf was around 350?
http://www.trustytime.cc/index.php?m...ducts_id=18438

Also if anyone is looking to sell a v2 :wave-1:

Last edited:

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Hi everyone,

i have decided to pull the trigger on XF AP forged carbon V3 after Legend's advice in another thread.

I will say go for the XF v3.

1. Better case
2. More accurate movement with instant date change
3. Cyclop: neither are optimal, you need the one profsteve has.
4. Nice movable endlinks on the XF
5. hands are better on the XF.
6. Dial wise, there are variations in the gen, depending on batch. So get what you like, it is not probable that anyone can call your watch out based on the dial.

I got the v3. I've read up on many threads on RWI before my purchase. There was this recurring sentiment that a rep is always a rep (true, ofc) and that you will never have the same feeling as you do when you wear a gen. With respect to the latter half of that statement, I have no such feelings. I've only owned my v3 for a day, but every time I look at my watch, I get an enormous grin that I didn't spend $29k.

I approved my QC photos immediately, I have no idea or care what is misaligned or otherwise, watch looks really cool to me. I am just appreciative that all of the knowledge, care, and attention to detail from the rest of the enthusiasts, refined through years of feedback, has trickled down to me and I instantly gained the windfall of those benefits as soon as I clicked the purchase button.

I was subscribed to Watchfinder, saw his video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upAJE_XhT2Y, took 20 minutes to get through all the fake/misleading info floating on the web, found the TDs, and now a few weeks later I have my first rep!

20190620-114537.jpg

Last edited:

MrOptional

8/10/18
yeah when you drive a ferrari no one is going to look if your 12 o'clock is misaligned on your AP. :)

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Lol. The fc diver was never 29k and I do t see that happen. True fact is that lunched at 27 dropped at 17 went back at 20 range now.

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Lol. The fc diver was never 29k and I do t see that happen. True fact is that lunched at 27 dropped at 17 went back at 20 range now.

Thx Keylog74. Strange is it not, those price changes. in the 20 range now, even though the production is terminated?? (well I understood it is terminated)

great weekend all by the way.

Reactions: ljewell646

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
HorologyFreak Agreed. Wearing it in Zandvoort now.

Question If I may to all XF Diver owners. Any special care for the rubber strap? I'm gentle with it because I don't want it to get broken. Any tips for maintenance?

Cheer all

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
HorologyFreak Agreed. Wearing it in Zandvoort now.

Question If I may to all XF Diver owners. Any special care for the rubber strap? I'm gentle with it because I don't want it to get broken. Any tips for maintenance?

Cheer all

As for all rubber goods you could try to treat it with glycerol from time to time. This should prevent it from becoming dry/ cracking. Try on a non visible surface first though.

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
As for all rubber goods you could try to treat it with glycerol from time to time. This should prevent it from becoming dry/ cracking. Try on a non visible surface first though.

definitely not necessary on vulcanized natural caoutchouc (rubber) - never had an issue with any of my rep diver straps - all were worn very often for about 1-4 years - not a single sign of cracking or "aging" - just some wear and tear as one could assume (for comparison the rubber crown and pushers don't even stand up for so long without signs of wear)

Last edited:

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
definitely not necessary on vulcanized natural caoutchouc (rubber) - never had an issue with any of my rep diver straps - all were worn very often for about 1-4 years - not a single sign of cracking or "aging" - just some wear and tear as one could assume (for comparison the rubber crown and pushers don't even stand up for so long without signs of wear)

I’ve had cracked rep rubbers, especially around the holes for the lug bar.

I don’t think it’s really necessary to do anything to the straps but if you’re itching glycerol will probably be your best option.

BIONONE

28/4/17
I’ve had cracked rep rubbers, especially around the holes for the lug bar.

I don’t think it’s really necessary to do anything to the straps but if you’re itching glycerol will probably be your best option.

was typing too fast - erase my "definitely" mate hehe ;)

The thing is - you could easily replace the 30$ strap after a year or two and would be still saving money

Reactions: Revolper