• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can the newly released XF V2 FC Diver 15706 be considered a super rep?

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
The picture with the "automatic flaw" is my Diver. Indeed a photo taken with a watchmakers Loupe. hahaha Sharp eyes though Sharki06 :)

But fortunately I have the slow beat movement, so nobody will notice it is a rep when I'm on a terras drinking a wine.

what a hobby and what a knowledge on this forum, love it. Cheers dear friends :drinks_cheers:

Reactions: Sharki06

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I ended up buying two XF 15706s in order to combine the parts and make a perfect one. I have, till now, invested about $3,000 in this watch because I really like it. I did not anticipate that I can pay so much for a rep. But I have to say the XF 15706 is really good and worth the money. It is a perfect franken base too.

The New XF batches compared to the old batches have the following updates:

1. Updated flexible endlinks as per gen. Not too loose, not too firm. It is pretty good.
2. Updated outer bezel which is bad. It is not genlike so I had to use the one from the old batch.
3. Updated caseback. A so-so attempt. I have JF TI caseback at hand anyways.

To make it near to perfect, you need 1. JF caseback. 2. prof cyclop and crystal (polished) 3. a MIDO C-80 movement. 4. a gen rubber strap (if you have the money, it does feel a bit different, although the new batch XF rubber is not bad either)

Anyways, I propably will not reply to this thread anymore. This watch has been my daily beater for about 6 months and will remain on my wrist for a long time. Plus I will need to save up a bit for a new Benz or Audi. Considering I have a Daytona 116520 and a AP 15706, I don't plan to add anything to my collection in near future, until a super clone PP aquanaut or VC overseas pops up.

Good luck to you all.

Reactions: vcappp

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
dashindark , thanks for your amazing work

a quick question regarding the movement, i plan to change with a low beat one,

You talk about the MIDO C-80 wich is a ETA C07.611 , but when i check this topic : https://www.repgeek.com/ap-tutorials/293557-diver-choices-low-beat-movement.html , seems the Powermatic 80 (ETA C07-111) is direct change too ..

Which one should i considerer ?

thanks

replace 2836 you need day-date version. C07.121
https://watchbase.com/eta/caliber/c07-121

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
dashindark how can you have 3K on this watch ? you mean you spent 3k maybe but you can easily recoup some money with the leftovers i believe

Reactions: Garuda

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
But dear dashindark Why not replying anymore??? your the OP and your knowledge is amazing. please hang in there!!

Thanks bro. I got a few important exams to sit for in 2019, probably the most important ones after my graduation from graduate school as they are quite important for my future career path. Plus I need to get a new car too (I am considering Audi A6, Benz E260 or Volvo S90), so recently I have not enough time and money for new reps. The XF 15706 is good enough as a daily beater. I also have a Noob white daytona 116520 (kobe installed ARF dial for me) with a white rubber B band, which looks a bit whimsical, to wear if I want something fresh in the weekends.

I will keep an eye out for interesting new models here and occationally reply to new posts though. RWI is a fun place.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
dashindark , thanks for your amazing work

a quick question regarding the movement, i plan to change with a low beat one,

You talk about the MIDO C-80 wich is a ETA C07.611 , but when i check this topic : https://www.repgeek.com/ap-tutorials/293557-diver-choices-low-beat-movement.html , seems the Powermatic 80 (ETA C07-111) is direct change too ..

Which one should i considerer ?

thanks

Forget about the tissot powermatic 80 and stick to the MIDO one or you will, like me, lose a few bucks in return shipping.
The PM 80 does not fit in the XF case. It does in the JF case but not XF. There is a very small gap between the crystal and the center pinion hand if you try to install it.

Reactions: 911cz and Sharki06

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
dashindark how can you have 3K on this watch ? you mean you spent 3k maybe but you can easily recoup some money with the leftovers i believe

True. I got a bunch of spare parts, all of which were replaced by other parts and were not used in my franken project. Some are new and some are used. I will try to sell some of them online some time. I have been a bit busy recently.

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Thanks bro. I got a few important exams to sit for in 2019, probably the most important ones after my graduation from graduate school as they are quite important for my future career path. Plus I need to get a new car too (I am considering Audi A6, Benz E260 or Volvo S90), so recently I have not enough time and money for new reps. The XF 15706 is good enough as a daily beater. I also have a Noob white daytona 116520 (kobe installed ARF dial for me) with a white rubber B band, which looks a bit whimsical, to wear if I want something fresh in the weekends.

I will keep an eye out for interesting new models here and occationally reply to new posts though. RWI is a fun place.

Thx Pal and thanks for creating this topic, because of this topic I bought the XF Diver and I'm very pleased with it. Good luck with the exams, go for it !!! And great to see you come by every now and then. :) take care!!!

Reactions: dashindark

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
To make it near to perfect, you need 1. JF caseback. 2. prof cyclop and crystal (polished) 3. a MIDO C-80 movement. 4. a gen rubber strap (if you have the money, it does feel a bit different, although the new batch XF rubber is not bad either)

What does "polished" mean for the Prof crystal and cyclops?
Do you mean make them to 1xAR instead of 2xAR?

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Forget about the tissot powermatic 80 and stick to the MIDO one or you will, like me, lose a few bucks in return shipping.
The PM 80 does not fit in the XF case. It does in the JF case but not XF. There is a very small gap between the crystal and the center pinion hand if you try to install it.

Thanks mate for the advice, i will stay with the ETA C07.611 so !

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
I just got a pre owned Ceramic Diver (15707). I'm not sure if XF updated this model, here are some differences I found:

1. The endlinks seem to be flexible, but I'm not quite sure whether this is so called "flexible". (I know the gaps between endlinks and case on gen Ceramic Diver are narrower than steel models tho.)
2. The strap becomes very soft, even feels like clay.

Below are pictures for the endlinks, are they the "flexible" that you guys mean?

fCEPzi.jpg

JXgfha.jpg

ekVStF.jpg

Last edited:

Xiiaodiit

7/3/18
Singapore
Anyone has any idea where to get aftermarket replacement crystal for ceramic diver beside from prof xtal.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

MrOptional

8/10/18
you mean OEM replacement, like you broke a crystal and need a new one? Try TD - Lucy she might be able to get that from the factory.

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
I just got a pre owned Ceramic Diver (15707). I'm not sure if XF updated this model, here are some differences I found:

1. The endlinks seem to be flexible, but I'm not quite sure whether this is so called "flexible". (I know the gaps between endlinks and case on gen Ceramic Diver are narrower than steel models tho.)

Below are pictures for the endlinks, are they the "flexible" that you guys mean?

fCEPzi.jpg

JXgfha.jpg

ekVStF.jpg

Can anyone help to answer my question about the flexible endlinks, please? :(

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12

doubt the gen has too much flex in plots links. ceramic being very brittle will crack at thin points. logically AP would design for more contact surface to avoid issues. same may apply to FC cases. flexi plots are more obvious on SS case

Reactions: legend

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
doubt the gen has too much flex in plots links. ceramic being very brittle will crack at thin points. logically AP would design for more contact surface to avoid issues. same may apply to FC cases. flexi plots are more obvious on SS case

I watched this video before I ordered my 15707 (by mistake the JF - I'm going to re-lume the hands but apart from that I love it).
Anyway - it seems the ceramic plots are not flexible - 2.40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQhYgtBM9TU