• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can the newly released XF V2 FC Diver 15706 be considered a super rep?

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Aspergen :hehehe:

I absolutely share your opinion on this. It’s one thing to call something out on not having a good crystal or Cyclops or bad datealignment, shit QC whatever but going hard over the number of swirls on the dial that can only hardly be counted on 30x macro is just over the top. Might as well go gen right away and waste your money in this particular case. Or even throw all that dough out of the window.

swirls which you can hardly hardly see in real life. I mean when the sun hits the dial I can sort of see them (count them is impossible for sure)

in photos tho, normal photos, they are much more visible

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
swirls which you can hardly hardly see in real life. I mean when the sun hits the dial I can sort of see them (count them is impossible for sure)

in photos tho, normal photos, they are much more visible

But calling out a Franken like this because of obvious flaws such as a rep tachy or the lack of gen hands is considered bashing? Come on.

What differentiates the two when, as previously agreed, both are reps?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
But calling out a Franken like this because of obvious flaws such as a rep tachy or the lack of gen hands is considered bashing? Come on.

What differentiates the two when, as previously agreed, both are reps?

lol.. bro, here we go again!
I shall refrain from commenting on this further, as I think that too much tension had been stirred over this recently.
To defuse the situation: Who has the best diver? :p

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
I have a little problem with mine ..

When i unscrew the crown, first position : winding , second position : setting the date , third posiiton : setting the time , no problem
when i pull back for screwing the crown again, here it's the problem, i push back the crown to the first position, and when i begin to screw, that continue to change the date :(

I hope you will understand my problem , my english is not so good and excuse me for that.

If somedy have an idea, and if it's a easy fix ?

I have the standard ETA2836 clone on it.

Thanks

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
I have a little problem with mine ..
When i unscrew the crown, first position : winding , second position : setting the date , third posiiton : setting the time , no problem
when i pull back for screwing the crown again, here it's the problem, i push back the crown to the first position, and when i begin to screw, that continue to change the date :(
I hope you will understand my problem , my english is not so good and excuse me for that.
If somedy have an idea, and if it's a easy fix ?
I have the standard ETA2836 clone on it.
Thanks
A2836 keyless is weakness + many have problems with stem snapping. get it looked at by pro. upgrade stem and 'combined setting lever 445/2'

Last edited:

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
I think I have the same problem. Mine is on the wrist or in the winder, so no need to use the crown that often. But I will let my watchmaker take a look at it. Eta 2846 low beat by the way

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
I modded mine with jf xtal, jf cyclop, jf strap, jf dial.
I didn't swap the movement because it runs as a champ as hogh beat.
It's a really stunning watch.
5c493b6a0275320d6309a50b66cb9757.jpg

8cf1928291d2927f1ce41b40839c9176.jpg

Reactions: MonsieurMax

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18
I modded mine with jf xtal, jf cyclop, jf strap, jf dial.
I didn't swap the movement because it runs as a champ as hogh beat.
It's a really stunning watch.
5c493b6a0275320d6309a50b66cb9757.jpg

8cf1928291d2927f1ce41b40839c9176.jpg
It's very nice watch. The parts came from jf FC Diver?

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
I think this watch has a flawn cannot be unseen when you see it :)

The AUTOMATIC word has a too large "plate" , see here , red circle (i take this photo from this topic) :

GEN for comparison

Or this dial variation exist for GEN models too ?

thanks

Reactions: vcappp

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I disagree with you. The difference may exist yes, but you’re doing a comparison between a magnified rep and a regular gen.
Also i don’t think it’s a flaw which cannot be unseen. If the plate and dial are contrasting colors, it may be more significant. But black on black? It’s not even a concern for me.
But having said that, we have different things we can or cannot accept in our watches.
You’ve every right to decide what works for you but I think that the “flaw” you mentioned isn’t even a consideration. There are a lot of other valid concerns like cyclop, date font, plots rigidity, even the caseback. The gen dial does have variations don’t worry too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Lol the biggest flaw is the smooth second hand. And it’s right in ya face

The rest is for sick people like us

Reactions: legend

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Does anybody try JF xs strap on this XF FC diver v2?
is it fit?