• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can the newly released XF V2 FC Diver 15706 be considered a super rep?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
My last score for 2018. Love this watch and it’s pretty close to a super rep. However, the rubber strap is a bit too stiff, so I swap it out with a JF XS strap, and that feels much better.

Did anyone try to fit the JF diver V9.5 moveable links to this XF V2? Will that made it moveable too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no need for that as the gen 15706 doesn't have flexible end links.

in addition - the flexibility of the V9.5 end links comes from refinements on the case, not the end links. as far as i remember that was the consensus.

Reactions: vcappp and mrsmith1

mrsmith1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/18
I grinded mine with a dremel. It fits much more comfortably now on my lean wrist. Easy mod to do.

Thanks for your answer, but how is that made? Grind the front part that connect to the lug? Are they movable now?

Reactions: vcappp

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
Thanks for your answer, but how is that made? Grind the front part that connect to the lug? Are they movable now?

Remove the two metal links on each side of the case. I left mine on the rubber strap to make it easier to grip. Take your dremel and grind the metal away a little at a time on the side that connects to the case, angling the grinding towards the back/under side. This will give the links some room to rotate when they're back on the watch and make them more flexible. Since you're working on a surface that's not visible when unless they're disassembled no one will see they've been worked on. You could grind the part that connects to the rubber too, but found it wasn't necessary.

Reactions: vcappp and mrsmith1

mrsmith1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/18
Remove the two metal links on each side of the case. I left mine on the rubber strap to make it easier to grip. Take your dremel and grind the metal away a little at a time on the side that connects to the case, angling the grinding towards the back/under side. This will give the links some room to rotate when they're back on the watch and make them more flexible. Since you're working on a surface that's not visible when unless they're disassembled no one will see they've been worked on. You could grind the part that connects to the rubber too, but found it wasn't necessary.

Thanks for your very detailed description. Don’t know if I can do it myself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
Hi QueTip, PM sent.

Moneycome2me thanks for standing up for me. There a lot of people who had good experience with him, so I don't really think he is a conman. Perhaps he just had too many orders during the holidays, maybe just an honest mistake, not sure. If he resolves it for me, I will be happy. From what I understand there is no such thing as a perfect TD. ???? This is a rep world after all, for perfect TD we need to go to AD, they even serve tea or coffee there ????

muiramas thanks for your messages. What is "ARF problem"?

At this point my TD didn't response for 5 days, but perhaps he is busy due to holidays, so I am just patiently waiting. Hopefully he will make it right by just replacing the defective watch with another one that is not defective. I understand that this will take time and effort on my end, but it is what it is.

Any updates on why "TD" didn't send you the Watch you chose in the QC approval step and then lied to you about it ? Did he come forward yet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: R1Racer

Porsche-ah

Looking Around
14/7/08
Canada
At least your wrong QC watch has the "Old" style original 1st batch XF V2 bezel instead of the incorrect brushed bezel.
Some gens have a slightly more brushed bezel, but the XF V2 bezel brushing is too deep and pronounced.

MrOptional

8/10/18
jonathanw He didn't provide any explanation, but emailed me a day ago saying that he will try to source another watch, and if he can't find it, he will refund. I would prefer for him to just source another watch really, but we'll see what happens. Now I am just waiting... :(
Porsche-ah I have a brushed bezel at home. And actually to be honest with you, it doesn't look brushed unless you shine your flash at it. In real life it looks just like black ceramic bezel. Actually looks awesome. I received a flawed copy so can't really wear it, but it's a beautiful watch with or without brushed bezel.

Reactions: QueTip

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
jonathanw He didn't provide any explanation, but emailed me a day ago saying that he will try to source another watch, and if he can't find it, he will refund. I would prefer for him to just source another watch really, but we'll see what happens. Now I am just waiting... :(
Porsche-ah I have a brushed bezel at home. And actually to be honest with you, it doesn't look brushed unless you shine your flash at it. In real life it looks just like black ceramic bezel. Actually looks awesome. I received a flawed copy so can't really wear it, but it's a beautiful watch with or without brushed bezel.

Despite you being a relatively new member on here, I admire your way of coping with this. If this same scenario would've happened to some other person, they would've freaked out long by now and have made a complete mess of the whole situation. Kudos to you for handling it the way you do, if only everyone would be so mature.

MrOptional

8/10/18
QueTip Thanks so much for the kind words!

d3xophen If you go back a couple of pages you will see that I received a watch with a flawed logo. Since then I was trying to work with the TD to get a replacement, or a refund.

Actually my TD reached out to me as I was typing this message just now, and said that he can't get a replacement of the 15706 XF v2 (didn't specify the reason), and that he will issue a refund.

I responded back saying that I can wait a bit longer if he needs more time, and if not, I am okay with the refund.

It looks like I will need to find another TD and see if they can get the watch for me. Thinking to go with Lucy from Truetime - she has no negative reviews, and been honest and informative in our communications in the past.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
QueTip Thanks so much for the kind words!

d3xophen If you go back a couple of pages you will see that I received a watch with a flawed logo. Since then I was trying to work with the TD to get a replacement, or a refund.

Actually my TD reached out to me as I was typing this message just now, and said that he can't get a replacement of the 15706 XF v2 (didn't specify the reason), and that he will issue a refund.

I responded back saying that I can wait a bit longer if he needs more time, and if not, I am okay with the refund.

It looks like I will need to find another TD and see if they can get the watch for me. Thinking to go with Lucy from Truetime - she has no negative reviews, and been honest and informative in our communications in the past.

Its probable that other TD’s will have similar problems sourcing the watch. I also started using Lucy when I had similar problems with Sead. I have been happy with her, but just a heads up; she can take a very, very long time!

As has been said, yours is a textbook example of how to play the game when a TD is not playing right. There are many senior guys here that would have completely lost their shit over something like this and started theowing their toys and accusations around as if they were little kids.

When you either have the right watch or your money back, please DO put a review in the Supermirrors section which shows the pics you posted, the timeline and your thoughts (dont put any correspondence in there).

A couple of pages back I said he would sort it out for you, but it is also right that he gets called out for his bullshit. Its definitely not the first time he’s ‘mixed up’ the QC process and I think your experience is one worth sharing.

Reactions: MrOptional

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
Low-Beat Swiss Powermatic 80 Swap!
21,600bph now.

f63b1e8771b315d2e83d323026e0d6b9.jpg
d3cdcc3b49e8fca9d78d36a01d0a094a.jpg
301bbb924e9ebcd02ca2500f7826f424.jpg
23b91d2ee0f05678462280be8d1f4600.jpg

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
f6blUx@.jpg

Brushed bezel with classic DW fonts, realy love this combination!

Reactions: lpl

MrOptional

8/10/18
thewatcher
AWESOME pic. Nice.. Audi?

I just placed an order for another 15706 XF v2 with Lucy, and paid WU. Still working out return/refund with my other TD in regards to the flawed watch, he is taking his time.... slooooooow......

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
thewatcher
AWESOME pic. Nice.. Audi?

I just placed an order for another 15706 XF v2 with Lucy, and paid WU. Still working out return/refund with my other TD in regards to the flawed watch, he is taking his time.... slooooooow......

Yes, it is.
Hope you'll get this beauty asap!

Reactions: MrOptional