• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can the newly released XF V2 FC Diver 15706 be considered a super rep?

ossi

30/4/15
Does the JF v9.5 movable endlink strap fit in to XF diver?

First, the end links of the JF 9.5 are SS and the XF are Titanium. Second, the flexible endlink of the 9.5 is due to a different position of the holes for the strap and a different shaped case to make it movable. And third, the gen endlinks on the 15706 are not movable either as far as i know. So IMHO a clear No!

Reactions: vcappp and d3xophen

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
First, the end links of the JF 9.5 are SS and the XF are Titanium. Second, the flexible endlink of the 9.5 is due to a different position of the holes for the strap and a different shaped case to make it movable. And third, the gen endlinks on the 15706 are not movable either as far as i know. So IMHO a clear No!

Amazing info. SO happy with my XF. Titanium end links are a must in my opinion.

Than another question. Does a Gen strap fits the XF V2? :):eek:

It looks like Slaughterer62 did that on a work of him in a few pictures above. It looks like a hight difference between the head and the strap. But I'm not an expert and it could be the angle of the camera.

ossi

30/4/15
Amazing info. SO happy with my XF. Titanium end links are a must in my opinion.

Than another question. Does a Gen strap fits the XF V2? :):eek:

It looks like Slaughterer62 did that on a work of him in a few pictures above. It looks like a hight difference between the head and the strap. But I'm not an expert and it could be the angle of the camera.

I will get my XF this week and then I will check the end links. But I am pretty sure, the gen end links fit.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17

SuperLory FastPaced Darude mech500

Guys, what do you think of what this man stated about the endlinks on the XF FC diver? I have my own endlinks made flexible, and I checked out some pictures just now on chrono24 and it seems to me that the endlinks on gen are flexible, but in a different way than the those on 15703.

I never touched the gen 15706au before and have no chance of bending the strap to see the flexibility of the endlinks. From what I observed in the gen pictures, the shape of the gen endlinks are of course different than the XF stock endlinks. The shape difference does not make sense if the endlinks on gen are, according to what he said, not movable like the XF stock ones.

ossi

30/4/15

Guys, what do you think of what this man stated about the endlinks on the XF FC diver? I have my own endlinks made flexible, and I checked out some pictures just now on chrono24 and it seems to me that the endlinks on gen are flexible, but in a different way than the those on 15703.

I never touched the gen 15706au before and have no chance of bending the strap to see the flexibility of the endlinks. From what I observed in the gen pictures, the shape of the gen endlinks are of course different than the XF stock endlinks. The shape difference does not make sense if the endlinks on gen are, according to what he said, not movable like the XF stock ones.

Have a look at this:
https://youtu.be/4O2-9vZu0YU

and this https://www.watchcollectinglifestyle.com/home/insider-royal-oak-offshore-forgedcarbondiver?rq=15706

and make up your own mind! Doesn’t look very flexible to me...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
to be honest, i saw 2 gen steel diver in my life and they endlinks didnt look flexible at all. If they moved it was minimal.

interestingly both in the video/article have modern font date and in the video the marker at 11 is clearly misaligned. REJECT ! Lol

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18

From what I’ve seen on the internet, 15706 endlink doesn’t seems to have gap, and it’s also true for every ap watches that are made with the ceramic/carbon material, probably because of the construction of the case is different. However, the watches that are made by stainless steel, the end links can bend much further, which appears gap between the case and the strap.

Richard Million

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/12/18
Here is an XF-based 15706 Franken I finished for somebody recently (excuse the dust on the outside):
g8ABZ.jpg

Has the case been polished please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
Not sure if it was answered before....

Does a JF Diver Caseback (e.g. 15703) fit with the XF FC Case?

R1Racer

Horology Curious
4/3/17
I've been reading this thread because thanks to all of these images, I've fallen in love with this watch! This forum is going to be risky for me if I keep prodding around!

I am ready to commit to one of these, but as most of you, I'd like to make the right choice and select the one most accurate. I was looking at the Royal Oak Diver 15706 FC/RU Black XF V2 Swiss 2846 Mod from Trusty (I know he's not a TD here), but with some of the talk of casebacks and date fonts, it is easy to get lost. What's the best way to go? I don't mind investing a bit extra post-sale to get the watch where it needs to be, if that's best.

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
I've been reading this thread because thanks to all of these images, I've fallen in love with this watch! This forum is going to be risky for me if I keep prodding around!

I am ready to commit to one of these, but as most of you, I'd like to make the right choice and select the one most accurate. I was looking at the Royal Oak Diver 15706 FC/RU Black XF V2 Swiss 2846 Mod from Trusty (I know he's not a TD here), but with some of the talk of casebacks and date fonts, it is easy to get lost. What's the best way to go? I don't mind investing a bit extra post-sale to get the watch where it needs to be, if that's best.

During my QC I saw watches with both date fonts and it wasn't something I was concerned about. The case back I planned to swap for a JF one but I didn't bother in the end as I rarely ever get to see it. The case back isn't as good as JF but hey-ho.

Reactions: R1Racer

R1Racer

Horology Curious
4/3/17
During my QC I saw watches with both date fonts and it wasn't something I was concerned about. The case back I planned to swap for a JF one but I didn't bother in the end as I rarely ever get to see it. The case back isn't as good as JF but hey-ho.

So the current XF with the JF case back is as good as one can reasonably expect?