• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can the newly released XF V2 FC Diver 15706 be considered a super rep?

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
Good point for the quick date change !

I think i will go with the XF , it's really a beauty and cheaper than the JF !

Thanks

uphoto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/18
Maybe it's just me but I seriously and I mean seriously doubt that your odds of running into an AP FC Diver owner and them catching the light hitting your crystal just right, noticing and CARING that it has a green hue to it are about as the same as your chances of winning the lottery and buying a gen version yourself. Sometimes we go a tad bit too far in this hobby but it's the same in every Internet forum based hobby.

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
The funny thing is, there are probably a lot more rep divers in existence than gens, since the production was rather limited, IIRC even lower than the ceramic divers and only 350 of those were ever made.

And call me crazy, but I actually like the greenish glare. Brings a bit of color to a blacked out watch and goes well with the yellow.

ossi

30/4/15
The funny thing is, there are probably a lot more rep divers in existence than gens, since the production was rather limited, IIRC even lower than the ceramic divers and only 350 of those were ever made.

And call me crazy, but I actually like the greenish glare. Brings a bit of color to a blacked out watch and goes well with the yellow.

May be true for all reps out there, but not for the high end ones.
AP produces ~40,000 watches p.a. So over 300.000 watches in total since the release of the Diver

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
Nobody really knows the sales numbers from the high end rep factorys, but surely there are more than ~300 JF/Noob (and probably soon XF) around, else it wouldn't be worth it to clone them.

Anyway, what I meant to say was that you'd rather run into a fellow rep enthusiast than a gen owner.

Reactions: uphoto

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Folks, just to get back to the "swirl talk" . This video is nice. Take a look from 1 minute. it is not the XF V2 but you can see the swirls on a DH Gate diver. Start counting hahahaha.

Ohh Tuesday I ordered the XF V2 with the low beat 2846 movement. Wednesday QC pictures where given green by me, so shipment will follow today I hope. Will let you know when it arrives in the Low Lands :)

sheer to you all AP Diver Lovers.

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
I just got in my copy. Yes if I put my face RIGHT up to the watch I can see the swirls, and maybe count them if I want to jack up my eyes and go insane. At normal viewing distance even to the wearer they are pretty much imperceptible. The wet effect is quite nice though :)

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Maybe it's just me but I seriously and I mean seriously doubt that your odds of running into an AP FC Diver owner and them catching the light hitting your crystal just right, noticing and CARING that it has a green hue to it are about as the same as your chances of winning the lottery and buying a gen version yourself. Sometimes we go a tad bit too far in this hobby but it's the same in every Internet forum based hobby.

If the green tint or whatever looks ugly to the wearers eyes then it makes no difference whether somebody else can or cannot see it.
I wear watches for myself. Don’t really care if I run into a gen owner lol

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
6oLJG.md.jpg

The watch is only 78 grams without straps. Very lightweighted. The total weight is 106 grams and can be further reduced.

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18

So why people bother changing the datewheel, low beat movement and cyclops then? When people can’t even see the date on your watch? The difference between 6 and 8 beats is so subtle that nobody is able to tell them apart in everyday life, so why would people mod their watch with low beat movement?

Anyways, all ap’s crystal are colourless, it doesn’t need a FC owner to spot that flaw. Go look at a gen ap, you’ll realise how problematic the xf crystal is. If you wanna bear the risk of getting called out, that’s totally up to you. The point of modding is to make the rep as close to gen, and that’s the hobby.

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
kaddy are you happy with it. Could you share a picture? :) :) mine will arrive today says Tr and Tr

More or less. I've worn gen Offshores on my wrist and it does give me the gen-like feeling. Overall quality is nice. The 1 o clock marker is very slightly misaligned on mine, but after five rounds of QC this was the best one I saw and I just accepted with planning to fix the hour marker myself (though it's not horrible). Andrew didn't send me an XS strap even though I ordered one (he sent me another regular length one, useful!) so I haven't been able to wear it yet. I do plan on doing the flexible end link mod so it's more comfortable and gen-like, and find an XS strap (if anyone has a spare shoot me a pm). I'll post some pics later when I get it all together!

In keeping with the discussion, the AR crystal doesn't bother me too much. For those interested a quick search gave me some articles on removing AR coatings from eyeglasses. The same techniques would apply to a watch crystal I imagine: https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf28068968.tip.html https://sciencing.com/remove-antiref...s-7631108.html

Last edited:

uphoto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/18
The point of modding is to make the rep as close to gen, and that’s the hobby.

No, that's the "business" not the hobby. I get it, really do but I think we all go a tad bit too far when it comes to what really needs to be done to make it look gen. If we are taking Rolex, Omega etc, watches that you can run into gen owners each and every day then it makes sense to me. When it's watches you usually won't ever come across a gen owner of then it's kind of a waste to me but again that's just my opinion.

Reactions: mech500

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
kaddy thank you for your reply. I had a gen ROO too in the past, sold it without regret. Yesterday my AP FC diver arrived. I must say I'm stunned with the overall quality. Mine came from TT and is the low beat version.

I tend to agree with uphoto although I also agree with our RWI friends who mod there watches to almost Gen. I think they do that purely for themselves, for I agree with uphoto, no one will tell when you are sitting at a table at a nice restaurant. And when they do and this is said before, ask for there RWI name hahahha.