• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Slim RO chrono[emoji102]

Gillesss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/18
With noob making a slim daytona movement, can we expect to see a slim RO chronograph from any of the factories? Can some experts shed some light.. the RO chrono is one of my favorite watches out there

Sent from the RWI App

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Anything better than what we have right now would be good.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
i think the problem is the additional date window... I would be satisfied even without a working chrono - so with correct crown/ pusher position and a frozen stop second hand and as a result of this a watch with the correct height...

But i highly doubt we will see something like this - just have a look at the A23J daytona from JF that was discontinued in a second...

maybe there is something in the bushes. There are rumors about a new clone Movement for AP... but Nobody wants to tell what exactly this movement is for.

if they manage to get a decent base movement and then a DD module on top of it... DREAMS haha

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
i think the problem is the additional date window... I would be satisfied even without a working chrono - so with correct crown/ pusher position and a frozen stop second hand and as a result of this a watch with the correct height...

But i highly doubt we will see something like this - just have a look at the A23J daytona from JF that was discontinued in a second...

maybe there is something in the bushes. There are rumors about a new clone Movement for AP... but Nobody wants to tell what exactly this movement is for.

if they manage to get a decent base movement and then a DD module on top of it... DREAMS haha

ROC doesn't have a piggyback movement. It's a full automatic movement.

BIONONE

28/4/17
ROC doesn't have a piggyback movement. It's a full automatic movement.

And why had the older models a different crown position regarding the pushers?

If i remember right the newer manufacture calibre was introduced mid of 2017 to achieve an equal position...

don't know much about the ROC calibre... So please enlighten me a bit :)

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
And why had the older models a different crown position regarding the pushers?

If i remember right the newer manufacture calibre was introduced mid of 2017 to achieve an equal position...

don't know much about the ROC calibre... So please enlighten me a bit :)

Different case size and design. They both house the 2835 calibre. If you look at both cases in the same setting, you can see the differences.

Old ref:
GEqYH9h.png

New ref:
iR2BSg8.png

BIONONE

28/4/17
Different case size and design. They both house the 2835 calibre. If you look at both cases in the same setting, you can see the differences.

Thank you for that! Makes sense now.

Gillesss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/18

Old ref:
GEqYH9h.png

New ref:
iR2BSg8.png

These are both way slimmer than the reps out there right? Reps are currently 15mm vs 9.5 in real life

Sent from the RWI App

BIONONE

28/4/17
These are both way slimmer than the reps out there right? Reps are currently 15mm vs 9.5 in real life

Sent from the RWI App

the ROC reps are absolut shit regarding height and built quality... Some of them even have glued in screws and pressed on bezels... Not speaking about the wrong sub dials or sunken date wheel etc. etc.

Last edited:

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

Sent from the RWI App

Yup. Forget about the reps. They suck a$$.