• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

shortlegs

31/5/19
i mean it is a 139 quartz watch mate... And nobody said the quality is comparable to anything else in the market as it is the cheapest RO a TD can offer...

It's not just that. I know the rep is cheap, but I'm comparing my QC photos to photos on this thread and mine seems to look worse.

https://imgur.com/a/BaLgEpQ
BaLgEpQ

But if I'm mistaken and this is the standard quality of the bracelet I have no problems accepting it.

What do you think?

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
It's not just that. I know the rep is cheap, but I'm comparing my QC photos to photos on this thread and mine seems to look worse.

BaLgEpQ

But if I'm mistaken and this is the standard quality of the bracelet I have no problems accepting it.

What do you think?

really looks like a canal st. gem...

maybe you can ask sead or wait for the opinion of other forum members. I could not live with that... even the picture sounds rattly ;)

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
SHB No luck on my side from sead. The apband conversion kit may be the way to go at this point but even then I’m not sure if it’ll be a straight fit.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
SHB No luck on my side from sead. The apband conversion kit may be the way to go at this point but even then I’m not sure if it’ll be a straight fit.

Doubt it will fit correctly,
Got no reply from sead? Or he didn't had it?

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth

BaLgEpQ

What do you think?

Atrocious, i wanted to order it but imma forget this idea.

shortlegs

31/5/19
really looks like a canal st. gem...

maybe you can ask sead or wait for the opinion of other forum members. I could not live with that... even the picture sounds rattly ;)

Atrocious, i wanted to order it but imma forget this idea.

Yeah that's what I thought. And I tend not to be picky with QC.. Glad I'm not the only one who thought it's way worse than expected. I've emailed sead1999 , waiting for his reply..

Last edited:

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I've just ordered one from Sead and waiting for QC so will let you know if the bracelet is any better or likely an issue with the batch. I know the JF is a slightly different case shape but has anyone tried changing the DC bracelet for the JF equivalent?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I've just ordered one from Sead and waiting for QC so will let you know if the bracelet is any better or likely an issue with the batch. I know the JF is a slightly different case shape but has anyone tried changing the DC bracelet for the JF equivalent?

would be a waste of the JF bracelet.

Reactions: gilrob

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Got a reply from sead when i've asked him to get a correctly aligned bezel screw for the 15202 (here's the copy past of his reply) > hello im sorry but i checked on this i really cant help u perfect plots on these watches" lol

shortlegs

31/5/19

Wonder if you have received your QC photos yet? Sead says its an issue with the entire batch. If so, then I'm not sure what to do. Can't really bring myself to GL this rep, but will others be just as bad? Or should I wait for a next batch, whenever that may be?

Also, I thought TDs do a first screen through for obvious flaws in the rep before asking the buyer to QC the rep? That's what my other TDs told me. I'm not talking about miniscule misalignment or imperfections, something as bad as this bracelet should have been easily picked up.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Wonder if you have received your QC photos yet? Sead says its an issue with the entire batch. If so, then I'm not sure what to do. Can't really bring myself to GL this rep, but will others be just as bad? Or should I wait for a next batch, whenever that may be?

Also, I thought TDs do a first screen through for obvious flaws in the rep before asking the buyer to QC the rep? That's what my other TDs told me. I'm not talking about miniscule misalignment or imperfections, something as bad as this bracelet should have been easily picked up.

Sometimes you wonder why td's send you qc of a atrociously flawed watch, happened 3 times to me.

shortlegs

31/5/19
Sometimes you wonder why td's send you qc of a atrociously flawed watch, happened 3 times to me.

Tell me about it. Slight flaws I can live with, but the more I look at that bracelet the more I can't accept it, and the more confused as to why it was even offered up for QC at all. Was the hope that I will somehow not notice how bad it is and approve the QC?

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Tell me about it. Slight flaws I can live with, but the more I look at that bracelet the more I can't accept it, and the more confused as to why it was even offered up for QC at all. Was the hope that I will somehow not notice how bad it is and approve the QC?

All reps have flaws, bit misaligned markers, bad lume... It is okk... But when the bracelet looks like that you can't accept it.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Even if the QC pictures of the bracelet looks good, its likely to have flaws as others and I found out. In my case it had to do with the clasp mechanism, it would not close properly and kept popping open. I fixed the problem by filing off some of the steel where it was binding and now it works okay.

Another problem was the gasket between the bezel and the case, it would stick out out in some places because it was too loose. Some members just removed their gasket, but it left an unsightly gap between the bezel and the case. What I did with my gasket was to remove it carefully, boiled it in hot water for about 5 minutes to shrink it a little. I reinstalled the gasket and now it fits snugly and does not stick out.

Overall the watch is okay for a daily beater. The feature I like most is the size particularly it's thinness. It has some flaws but that's expected for a $139.00 rep.

Reactions: SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Even if the QC pictures of the bracelet looks good, its likely to have flaws as others and I found out. In my case it had to do with the clasp mechanism, it would not close properly and kept popping open. I fixed the problem by filing off some of the steel where it was binding and now it works okay.

Another problem was the gasket between the bezel and the case, it would stick out out in some places because it was too loose. Some members just removed their gasket, but it left an unsightly gap between the bezel and the case. What I did with my gasket was to remove it carefully, boiled it in hot water for about 5 minutes to shrink it a little. I reinstalled the gasket and now it fits snugly and does not stick out.

Overall the watch is okay for a daily beater. The feature I like most is the size particularly it's thinness. It has some flaws but that's expected for a $139.00 rep.

This gasket tips is pretty useful thanks

shortlegs

31/5/19
Sorry I don't quite understand. If the gasket falls out cos it's loose, how does boiling and shrinking it help make it any tighter in fit?

shortlegs

31/5/19
Rubber contracts when you heat it.

Gah.. Stupid.. I kept thinking it was loose in terms of its vertical height, and never thought it is loose because of its circumference.. :huh1:

Last edited: