• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
41Y-Rl9TTIL.jpg
I heard the thickness before, but I have a nautilus from DHGate from when I use to shop there, and the thickness is not even bad.

You can also rock a gum watch and say „its not that bad“

charlesblack

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/18
41Y-Rl9TTIL.jpg

You can also rock a gum watch and say „its not that bad“

I was saying that maybe sacrificing a tiny bit of thickness in order to make it automatic was worth it. Plus, isn't this watch already thinner than gen?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
It is 0.1mm thinner than the gen. But that can come due to tolerances of calipers and so on...

JF uses the thinnest available base movement 3,6mm (9015 miyota) with decoration on top for their 15400.

the 2121 is actually one of the thinnest automatic movements with date complication and a center rotor with only 2.8mm (or so) in height if i remember well. Let it be 3mm or 0.xx mm more. Not the point here.

Chinese factories dont work with the same accuracy as swiss manufacturers so there is the need of more tolerance while designing the rep etc etc. In the end it makes the watch thicker than the gen so there is no point left why one should buy the cheapy.

A DHgate 2813 movement is fat compared to the small 9015.

but why am i writing so much? :D

Reactions: vcappp and csthe

glee79

9/3/17
Which is still ridiculous because you can spot the fake miyota movement in seconds

lets agree to disagree :)
But i see you point and i can see that someone want to payless, for a quartz if its not something you notice on the front side of the watch.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
It has nothing to do with payless, the thickness is a tell. Because ultrathin is 8 mm, the miyota will be atleast 10 mm and you will see that. Iam not even talking about the wearing, my 10.05 mm 15400 (which is ridiclious thin compared to the 11.5 V3 versions) feels like a diver, then i had the Gen on and the feeling was completly different it really felt like a smaller watch.

And that will be the same point on the quartz.

Reactions: vcappp

nubirth

Horology Curious
31/10/18
Hi guys. I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere or in this thread but I've scoured all 47 pages to no avail.

Does anyone know the maximum number of links that can be removed from the bracelet of the15202 quartz rep?

Thank you.

randomstring

5/1/13
I think six. I removed either one or two to size it for my 7.5” wrist, and I see 5 more with screws.

Richard Million

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
3/12/18
Checking on an hourly basis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro