• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Iam not crying actually :D the old bracelet for 129 dollar (complete watch) was still better.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I have absolutely nothing bad in regards to this bracelet. Any fake rat leather in watches costing 5 times this is absolutely hideous and makes you look for alternatives straight away. Not this.

Also 26mm bracelets for AP can be found from non TDs at around 60USD

Thirdly I can't really understand the AudemarsPiguet without enough space between the 2 words in a part of the buckle which will always be folded and so unnoticeable issue. Really. maybe it's me being narrow minded. Maybe not.

If it was written FraudemarsPiguet then you'd have a valid point, but this standing it's really discussing on angels' sex

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
The price $139 is not the point,

This $139 rep watch is the only one rep watch currently that provides the nearly same thickness of gen 15202, + very good blue color dial, from out of the box without mod.

That is why I care about all the small flaws of this $139 rep watch.

The inexpensive price is not the main point, it is not that big deal, it should not be an excuse for all the flaws.

I am willing to pay way more money for a improved version if it exist.

If there is another rep watch that provide s the same thickness and very good blue dial, then I don’t need to talk about all the small flaws of this $139 rep watch. I will just buy the better one.

Also, I noticed the newer batch of this $139 rep watch is getting worse than the previous. Therefore, it is a natural behavior to ask questions to discuss about the flaws.

It is somewhat rude and so narrow minded to just say “it is only $139, get it what it is.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gilrob

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Wow, away a few days and the threads turned a bit negative. Lets enjoy our watches chaps.

More pics please

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Personally for me if I were buying a higher end rep ranging from $350-450 for example like JF or ARF, then I would be bit more picky on the flaws. Cos for the price I'm paying, I would expect better quality & finish with lesser "flaws" so to speak.

But for a $139 budget rep, I wouldn't nick pick the flaws cos at this price point, I wouldn't expect much and will lower expectations on details of the watch. I always believe You get what You pay for..... just enjoy the watch. If it bugs you, just sell it away or don't buy in the first place after reading the reviews. As much as I hope they will improve, I doubt the maker will create a v2 or v3 cos the profit margin is so little unlike the higher end reps. No incentive for them.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
If the price stays the same and something has been improved(dial and markings), then another thing will have to get corners cut to keep the price low.

if you don't like the watch then sell it and stop filling the thread with sad stories about bracelets.

don't even quote me because I refuse to go back and forth with anyone who is complaining about this watch

Reactions: Mr Gatsby

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Thanks for the comments.

the price is not the main point.

The point is that this watch is the “only one” rep watch currently available that provides the “same thickness” of gen 15202, right “out of the box, without mod”.

If everyone must not talk about the flaws due to the fact that it is only $139. Then why does this forum exist?

Anyone can talk and discuss whatever the flaw is if there is, regardless of the price.

Especially for this watch, there is no other choice if you want a rep watch of 15202 with the same thickness, right out of the box.

People do not have to be rude to the person who is mentioning the flaws of this rep watch. This is the forum to discuss together things like that.

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Has anybody ordered a rubber strapped model of the 15202 yet? If so, please post pictures and a brief review if possible. Thanks.

Last edited:

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Thanks for the comments.

the price is not the main point.

The point is that this watch is the “only one” rep watch currently available that provides the “same thickness” of gen 15202, right “out of the box, without mod”.

If everyone must not talk about the flaws due to the fact that it is only $139. Then why does this forum exist?

Anyone can talk and discuss whatever the flaw is if there is, regardless of the price.

Especially for this watch, there is no other choice if you want a rep watch of 15202 with the same thickness, right out of the box.

People do not have to be rude to the person who is mentioning the flaws of this rep watch. This is the forum to discuss together things like that.

Yes, it appears too many people are taking these notes significantly out of context.

The point, quite simply, is that the watch that was originally offered for $139 last month is not the same as the watch that is currently being shipped for $139. There are differences, and the extent of those differences is currently unknown, as the new models have not yet reached their recipients.

This is the forum where people discuss such differences in watch versions, and attempt to help future/perspective buyers understand what exactly they are getting for their money.

.... or have things changed?

Why such venom/hatred for those trying to inform fellow members of a difference and discuss the changes?

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Yes, it appears too many people are taking these notes significantly out of context.

The point, quite simply, is that the watch that was originally offered for $139 last month is not the same as the watch that is currently being shipped for $139. There are differences, and the extent of those differences is currently unknown, as the new models have not yet reached their recipients.

This is the forum where people discuss such differences in watch versions, and attempt to help future/perspective buyers understand what exactly they are getting for their money.

.... or have things changed?

Why such venom/hatred for those trying to inform fellow members of a difference and discuss the changes?

Exactly!! thanks for your comment!

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
What differences? You mean the buckle?

The differences I've seen have been with the clasp engraving - I'm not sure if it's a different clasp or the same clasp with different engraving.

The inward-facing engraving appears less accurate on the latest QC pictures.

The outward-facing engraving (the logo) I find preferable looking on my QC pic versus the earlier pics of this model, and closer to the 2012 logo look, with thinner angled/cross lines and thinner serifs.

0625_13_CROP.jpg
0625_13_CROP.jpg

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sead followed up right away, and insisted that I had received the correct photos (which didn't really answer my question as to why it was the same photo).

I replied that I was still confused as to why the QC photo I received was identical to the QC photo sent to a different person (maybe he got the wrong photo sent to him?), but if these photos are of the watch for my order, then I accept. Not entirely satisfactory, but it's a low-dollar purchase.

I'll take some hi-res photos once it arrives, and we can compare the rest of the watch beyond just the clasp engraving to see if anything has changed, or if it was just a lighting/angle trick. Here's a crop of the clasp QC photo at full res:

0625_14.jpg

[edit] - oops, I realize that vcappp already posted essentially the same crop, and it's from the same picture, so this adds no value...

Did you get a tracking number from Sead for this yet? I got an email from him a couple of days ago stating he was sick and that he will get back with me with the tracking number. Thanks.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Did you get a tracking number from Sead for this yet? I got an email from him a couple of days ago stating he was sick and that he will get back with me with the tracking number. Thanks.

Not yet.

There seemed to be some other difficulties along with the illness. After some initial back-and-forth about me receiving identical QC photos to another member, this was the timeline:

On Friday the 29th, I said "if these photos are of the watch for my order, then I accept."

On Saturday the 30th, he asked if I needed a different one. I told him again that the quality of the watch was good, and that the only initial confusion was due to the photo duplication issue.

On Tuesday he checked in again, saying he was sick, and asked again if there was a problem with the watch. I said there was no problem, the quality was good.

On Wednesday he checked back again, asking if he should ship, and I said "Yes".

so I think it may ship soon maybe....

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Not yet.

There seemed to be some other difficulties along with the illness. After some initial back-and-forth about me receiving identical QC photos to another member, this was the timeline:

On Friday the 29th, I said "if these photos are of the watch for my order, then I accept."

On Saturday the 30th, he asked if I needed a different one. I told him again that the quality of the watch was good, and that the only initial confusion was due to the photo duplication issue.

On Tuesday he checked in again, saying he was sick, and asked again if there was a problem with the watch. I said there was no problem, the quality was good.

Thank you. Looks as if we're both somewhat on the same boat. Hopefully we'll get our tracking numbers soon.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Not yet.

I got a tracking number today, did you?