• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Sead followed up right away, and insisted that I had received the correct photos (which didn't really answer my question as to why it was the same photo).

I replied that I was still confused as to why the QC photo I received was identical to the QC photo sent to a different person (maybe he got the wrong photo sent to him?), but if these photos are of the watch for my order, then I accept. Not entirely satisfactory, but it's a low-dollar purchase.

I'll take some hi-res photos once it arrives, and we can compare the rest of the watch beyond just the clasp engraving to see if anything has changed, or if it was just a lighting/angle trick. Here's a crop of the clasp QC photo at full res:

0625_14.jpg

[edit] - oops, I realize that vcappp already posted essentially the same crop, and it's from the same picture, so this adds no value...

Last edited:

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
nice gen... At first sight i thought it was the 139$ version. But then i realized every aspect of this beauty haha

Hahaha threw that curveball in, see who would notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500

el_assamite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/7/10
Not so easy because they burn it on the dial you could ruin your dial with removing it

Dame, I just told myself that it was the easiest way to correct the logo. I was thinking that it was glued.
Do you think that I should not order the JF 15400 dial then?

Thanks.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

BIONONE

28/4/17
Dame, I just told myself that it was the easiest way to correct the logo. I was thinking that it was glued.
Do you think that I should not order the JF 15400 dial then?

Thanks.

i think the JF 15400 logo got the wrong size to match the 15202 logo appearance.

no need for the JF dial as the logo is completely different compared to the 15202.

BIONONE

28/4/17
if you want to mod a bit around (i think the price is good to mod the sh*t out of it haha) try to remove the logo just like you would remove hour markers, which are glued from the back and stuck in the dial with some small pins.

ask one of the modders or search the modding area here on how to remove dial markers.

i cannot imagine that they kinda weld the logo onto the dial as it is colored and the heat would anodize the metal and would take away the polished appearance.

give it a try, remove the dial and then examine how to do it.

if you are abled to remove the logo you can think about a way to get the space between the letters filled.

pictures to give you advise as a collective are welcome. - maybe an own thread would be nice.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
This watch will have little wrist time for me, so I personally would not bother fixing it's flaws. It will probably cost more than twice the watch's price to fix it's flaws to make it somewhat acceptable. A version 2 of this watch with improvements coupled with a slight increase in price would make this watch even better.

Reactions: Francio

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
The Logo must be burned because thats why some are a little deformed you actually see the burning under it.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The Logo must be burned because thats why some are a little deformed you actually see the burning under it.

I think a carefully applied dab of the correct shade and thickness of white paint can fix this problem. Probably more easier said than done.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I think a carefully applied dab of the correct shade and thickness of white paint can fix this problem. Probably more easier said than done.

I agree with gilrob I assume that the easiest way and a cost efficient way is just putting some little bit of white paint carefully in the tiny gap between the A and P on the logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Francio

justlounging

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/10
Are the bezel screws for show or are they functional/removable?

Has anyone opened up the caseback to see what quartz movement is used?

el_assamite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/7/10
Thanks guys for your feedbacks.

I will then follow your advise, buy this version, and probably wait a future updated version (please JF, listen to us!!!).

Guys, I live in Switzerland, and I can tell you that the 15202 is clearly the Graaf for all the AP connoisseurs.

It's a shame that factories are not putting more efforts to produce those daily watches that people really look for.
I have a Diver and can tell you that it is too much to wear it on a daily basis, only week ends. People are looking for classy and small watches here, so I am happy with my silver Gen Datejust.

Reactions: phdsjain