• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I think if we keep the interest alive, it might push he sales to a point where better factories start showing interest....which should lead to better and better reps.

Reactions: Tigerdragon

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I think if we keep the interest alive, it might push he sales to a point where better factories start showing interest....which should lead to better and better reps.

Now that would be nice.

They look good on rubber, need some other colour dials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Ignore last post I can’t edit it. Was a ladies size watch.

6f7245c8dea4b703f16b0d8ed4c31dd7.jpg

f1077d76a1f04b23cc4d559f30f058d7.jpg

Trying to capture the sunburst and the difference in hand and bezel screw colour in different light.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I just wish the overall quality, fit and finish was on par with 33mm JF LadyOak Quartz (cost $360)

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
if they get the dial and bracelet finish right then that watch will kill JF and force them back to the drawing board on their 15400.

it would be a low beat watch from the start and thinner! these are exciting times in the rep world :)

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I just wish the overall quality, fit and finish was on par with 33mm JF LadyOak Quartz (cost $360)

I’m sure it would be if it was in that price bracket, it is half the value

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I would say the one with the black stripe is black and the one with the blue stripe is blue? Would make sense.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
What color are the dials on the rubber strapped models, black or blue? They appear to be black on my screen, just want to be sure. Also do the straps come with a buckle or clasp? It is hard to tell by the pictures. Thanks.

it looks like they are all blue dials on all the rubber strap models regardless of the main color of the watches. but i see a normal buckle and the color is matched each one.

by the way, how everyone think about the rose gold, yellow gold colored rep watches? i assume that they are probably a plated 18k, not a “solid” 18k. so, is there anyone who experienced that a rose gold or a yellow gold colored rep watches? how easily can the (gold) plating come off the watch?

for stainless steel version, i don’t worry because stainless steel color comes from the solid stainless steel material itself.

anyone know please??

Sent from the RWI App

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
it looks like they are all blue dials on all the rubber strap models regardless of the main color of the watches. but i see a normal buckle and the color is matched each one.

by the way, how everyone think about the rose gold, yellow gold colored rep watches? i assume that they are probably a plated 18k, not a “solid” 18k. so, is there anyone who experienced that a rose gold or a yellow gold colored rep watches? how easily can the (gold) plating come off the watch?

for stainless steel version, i don’t worry because stainless steel color comes from the solid stainless steel material itself.

anyone know please??

Sent from the RWI App

Thank you for your response. I will have to contact Sead directly to clarify the true dial colors on the strapped models. The buckle or clasp issue can be remedied easily.

From what I read, rep plated watches, especially at this price point, will rub off over time. Also one scratch and its over because the shiny stainless base metal would show thru. Wrapped watches look better and last longer than plated ones, but they are more expensive and can also be scratched revealing the base metal. These watches are definitely not wrapped.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Thank you for your response. I will have to contact Sead directly to clarify the true dial colors on the strapped models. The buckle or clasp issue can be remedied easily.

From what I read, rep plated watches, especially at this price point, will rub off over time. Also one scratch and its over because the shiny stainless base metal would show thru. Wrapped watches look better and last longer than plated ones, but they are more expensive and can also be scratched revealing the base metal. These watches are definitely not wrapped.

thanks for your response and knowledge

Sent from the RWI App

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I would say the one with the black stripe is black and the one with the blue stripe is blue? Would make sense.

Thanks. However, the dial colors on both the blue and black strapped stainless models looks the same on my screen. I will contact Sead directly to get the correct information. I'll keep everyone posted on this. Thanks again.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
yeah thats true but i think the whole screens are photoshopped :D

I got an answer from Sead, all the dials with a rubber strap shown on his post are black. Sead also said that the strap, end links and buckle MIGHT be able to be purchased separately, he has had no request for this yet.

I can't believe that this thread is on its 36th page for a $139.00 watch. Amazing value I think.

Last edited:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Its a great thread, sead is a great guy so i hope more people buy it because maybe the factory then makes upgrades etc would be cool because its little money but a lot of watch for it.

Reactions: etashazam

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I would like to try the black dial on rubber.