• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
V14mTq.md.jpg
V144EG.md.jpg

I think Nivka had one

Indeed I did. The quality just wasn’t near the jf. At one point I had the jf 15450 and 15400 as well as the BP 15300. The BP bracelet gaped over the edge of my wrist. The jf 15400 for the BP 15300, but it still gaped so I think the 15300 mid case would need to be machined a bit to allow more movement of the end links.

more pics here https://www.repgeek.com/audemars-piguet/288268-jf-15450-wow.html

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
So is the 15450 from JF worth buying atm? I have a 15400 V4 that's too big, looking for something a bit smaller in a similar style.

Cocoloiseau

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/19
Hello all AP pros.

I’ve decided myself on the quartz 15202 but Sead is out of stock. I only found it also on ts-station.
www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=22940

Same price, team there tells me it is the latest version but the pics show a date window a bit left compared to sead’s in my opinion.

has anyone purchased elsewhere than Sead?

thank you for your help

stoyania

15/4/16
Hello all AP pros.

I’ve decided myself on the quartz 15202 but Sead is out of stock. I only found it also on ts-station.
www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=22940

Same price, team there tells me it is the latest version but the pics show a date window a bit left compared to sead’s in my opinion.

has anyone purchased elsewhere than Sead?

thank you for your help

I have the "Sead" version and the date window position on mine is 1 square further on the right. Also the tapesire sees a bit different, size of squares is a little bit bigger. So i doubt the one on the TS watch site is the DC factory version

Last edited:

Cocoloiseau

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/19
I have the "Sead" version and the date window position on mine is 2 squares further on the right. Also the tapesire sees a bit different, size of squares is bigger. so i doubt the on eon the TS watch site is the DC factory one

Thanks, my thinking was that they display old pictures since they order to the factory for each order. But if noone has bought their version, i'll wait for Sead's one to hopfully come back in stock soon.

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
Ugh. If only there was some way to get JF to make a 39mm AP royal oak. Either that or if they could just make a 37mm thin enough. :X

I have been asking for that for years now
and looking at this thread there is no doubt there is huge interest
I would love to get a “vintage” now; AP 15300
one of each color.

Spare

Horology Curious
20/4/19
Ugh. If only there was some way to get JF to make a 39mm AP royal oak. Either that or if they could just make a 37mm thin enough. :X

What am I missing here?
I am under the assumption that a 39mm JF RO (15202) does in fact exist... I actually ordered and just received one from trustytime.

Lolops

Horology Curious
24/4/19
What am I missing here?
I am under the assumption that a 39mm JF RO (15202) does in fact exist... I actually ordered and just received one from trustytime.

Feel free to share as much pictures as you want

Reactions: csthe

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
What am I missing here?

My apologies. After you mentioned it I looked into it. JF did in fact made one but has since never updated it and its still 1mm thicker than gen. Oof

Spare

Horology Curious
20/4/19
No worries, I was just wondering what I was misinterpreting.
I am far from an expert: watch in general looks good, but I'm a bit underwhelmed by it.
  • I think (!) the color of the dial is too dark and misses "life" if that makes sense
  • bracelet has a weird feeling about it, somewhat sharp, but also unpolished on the inside
  • the crystal seems somewhat dull
  • the decoration rotor is comically loud and spins endlessly (I have Moebius 8200 on the way to try and fix that - thank you slaughterer62 https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...-a-noisy-rotor)
  • the wounding of the crown feels a bit off, as if it's rubbing against sand. Low-end automatic watches always seem to have this issue, compared to high-end gens (I own gen Rolex, Omega, IWC and the feeling is so different )
On the plus side, in my unprofessional opinion, the printing and the date window is pretty well executed.

I'm glad I ordered one (gen is an absolute grail watch), but I can't see me wearing it often.

I played around with a loupe and an iphone, but I'll try to post some more pictures over the weekend.

V29AT6.jpg

V2GVC0.jpg

V2Gu3F.jpg

V2GK9r.jpg

V2GzEI.jpg

V2GvTo.jpg

V2GICL.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: csthe

Rolly123

17/11/18
V14mTq.md.jpg
V144EG.md.jpg

Indeed I did. The quality just wasn’t near the jf. At one point I had the jf 15450 and 15400 as well as the BP 15300. The BP bracelet gaped over the edge of my wrist. The jf 15400 for the BP 15300, but it still gaped so I think the 15300 mid case would need to be machined a bit to allow more movement of the end links.

more pics here https://www.repgeek.com/audemars-piguet/288268-jf-15450-wow.html

In terms of gaping over the end, you are a 7 inch wrist correct? I am about the same.

I am torn between the BP 15300 and the JF 15202.

I love the look of the 15202 and how thin it is, but the rotor issues people have been talking about has really put me off purchasing it. I wonder if this is something a watchsmith can easily fix permanently?

Any recommendation from anyone that has perhaps seen both as to which one they think is better aesthetically? Appreciate it's a subjective opinion rather than fact.

Reactions: daft772

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
In terms of gaping over the end, you are a 7 inch wrist correct? I am about the same.

I am torn between the BP 15300 and the JF 15202.

I love the look of the 15202 and how thin it is, but the rotor issues people have been talking about has really put me off purchasing it. I wonder if this is something a watchsmith can easily fix permanently?

Any recommendation from anyone that has perhaps seen both as to which one they think is better aesthetically? Appreciate it's a subjective opinion rather than fact.

I’m no expert but I have a personal preference. I’ve seen and tried the 15300, 15450 and 15202 and if you want the quintessential Royal Oak, get the 15202. Any rotor issue (and further case thinning) can be taken care of by a competent watchsmith or modder. The 15202 width/thickness proportion is just perfect. I’m on the waitlist for one currently myself but no news of when I can get one, if ever at all lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
I’m no expert but I have a personal preference. I’ve seen and tried the 15300, 15450 and 15202 and if you want the quintessential Royal Oak, get the 15202. Any rotor issue (and further case thinning) can be taken care of by a competent watchsmith or modder. The 15202 width/thickness proportion is just perfect. I’m on the waitlist for one currently myself but no news of when I can get one, if ever at all lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. 15202 is beautiful and feels so good on on wrist. At least on my 6'5 wrist.

So you are getting the blue dial then ?