• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

abc321

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/12
Or let me rephrase my question a little bit: does the problems with rust and the outcoming gasket happen to nearly every watch, or are there also owners who frequently wear the watch without any problems?

Gesendet von meinem SM-A520F mit Tapatalk

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
We've talked about a few different models in this thread, so I'll be model-specific with my feedback to help avoid confusion.

With my quartz (the Sead-sourced one), the issues I have seen so far:

- bracelet links of different widths (this was unique to me I believe)
- gasket easily bumped out of place when cleaning (otherwise, it sits where it should)
- clasp pushers sit at an angle
- bracelet is rough, and not well finished on the inside. It needs some attention to soften up. I gave mine a good clean, oil, and a significant dry buff to try to pull all the burrs off. Now, it's reasonable.

I'd still give it a "highly recommended" grade. Fantastic bang for the buck.

Reactions: gilrob

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
no need to take anything apart. the gasket rubber material is quite soft and stretches. You can just gradually pull it out going round the watch.
but once it is all out it is not easy to put it back in place so make sure you have decided to replace it with something else before pulling out

Thank you.

abc321

20/1/12
We've talked about a few different models in this thread, so I'll be model-specific with my feedback to help avoid confusion.

With my quartz (the Sead-sourced one), the issues I have seen so far:

- bracelet links of different widths (this was unique to me I believe)
- gasket easily bumped out of place when cleaning (otherwise, it sits where it should)
- clasp pushers sit at an angle
- bracelet is rough, and not well finished on the inside. It needs some attention to soften up. I gave mine a good clean, oil, and a significant dry buff to try to pull all the burrs off. Now, it's reasonable.

I'd still give it a "highly recommended" grade. Fantastic bang for the buck.
Thank you very much!

Gesendet von meinem SM-A520F mit Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I only have bracelet issues with wrong polishing etc the rest. No problem with gasket yet.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Has anyone bought the red gold and black rubber strap model? I'm contemplating of getting one and replace the rubber strap with a blue crocodile strap. Just need to know the quality of the red gold plating, if not OK I might consider the stainless version with the black rubber strap. I realize these would be fantasy models, but the whole rep scene is a fantasy anyway.

On the topic of the gasket, I'll look into what Fat Dave suggested, by using an adhesive to secure the gasket in place. I read that the gasket should be visible on the AP 15202, when viewed from the side.

justlounging

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/10
Bringing this back up.

2_FE8_DBA0_1_A1_B_4025_9818_0_EC3326_B7_C3_D.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: stufuse and vcappp

stefoin

Looking Around
23/6/18
Hi there, I just received my watch and as everyone already said I think it's great value for the money, thanks again to Sead who has been really helpful. Do you know if it's possible to source a 1.5 link as I can only get the watch too tight or too loose according to my taste. Thanks.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
could someone tell me if the quartz ring is pressed or screwed and if it can be disassembled? thank you

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
no need to take anything apart. the gasket rubber material is quite soft and stretches. You can just gradually pull it out going round the watch.
but once it is all out it is not easy to put it back in place so make sure you have decided to replace it with something else before pulling out

But it is not possible to disassemble the ring nut, glue the gasket, and reassemble the ring nut with a press?
please tell me...

Vintagerolly

26/7/18
i've had a few quartz watches that had a rather loud ticking sound. it's not a big deal during the day but i could hear it in a quiet room.
anyways, this 15202 looks like a really good rep!

matadormax

18/8/17
i've had a few quartz watches that had a rather loud ticking sound. it's not a big deal during the day but i could hear it in a quiet room.
anyways, this 15202 looks like a really good rep!

There is no hand for seconds, so you don't hear any ticking sound...

Reactions: MonsieurMax

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
Hi. Anyone can advise me where to get a good rep 15300? Thanks.

Sadly there isn't one. There was a fairly passable BP factory one a few years back, but it's currently out of stock/production. A decent rep would be an insta-buy for me (in a couple of colours, too) but according to Angus, the 15202 is the model the factories are producing to fill the 39mm niche.

Which is a shame, since the gen 15300 is over 1mm thicker than the 15202, so it would arguably be easier to get a rep closer to gen thickness.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Which one is best for 39mm 15202?

Try to get the one without "Automatic".

The bracelet is the worst ever lol after 2-3 wearing it i have no black dots and shit, never had that in years with my old quartz and i worn that watch pretty much every day. Its a shame because the dial is wonderful and the hands too but the bracelet is the worst shit ever. Also the brushing on the new one is not so shiny as my old one. I really dont know if thats really steel after all at the beginning it felt that way aber after 2-3 wearing it iam not really sure anymore lol