• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 39mm Royal Oak AP

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
So after some hours with the old quartz and the new one here are some thoughts, review will coming later this week (hope so many work at the moment sorry).

- New Quartz AP logo is spot on in sunlight THEY only must fill white paint in the logo and it would be perfect (and straight it up because some models have it slightly not straight).
- New blue color is 1:1 in warm electronic light/neutral light BUT a little bit to blue/purpelish in the bright sun (but maybe they used the new 2018 model which has an darker blue/purpelish look see 15400 V3 thread and the gen from mech500 )
- Case is completly different (more gen like) than the quartz before, the case is smaller but the shape is more like an arrow on the sides (like the gen actually) you can clearly see it at day if you have both side by side.
- They made the bezel and the backside slimmer thats how they get the gen size (midcase is the same height) i could clearly see it.
- The bezel is NOT flush as the quartz before its more like gen but still incorrect but atleast they try to fix it.
- The tapseries is pretty damn good and not flat as before WAY more gen like.
- The bracelet is better after i wearing it some days not so stiff anymore (thank god lol)
- Bracelet is smaller + i didn't remove any links and its the same length like my old which i removed 2 links so its a little smaller in the lengh than before.

Some Notes:
Wearing the two watches its actually quiet different. The new one actually wears a little bigger because the whole case shape is more like gen (and yes the watch IS thinner in size) but it looks perfect on my arm on daylight it looks like an extremly expensive watch when the sunlights hits the polished midlinks etc it just looks pure epic on the arm, its like this "glowing" you see on Gen APs which makes them so beautiful. The old quartz does not have that and looks kinda boring (still a beautiful watch). On electical light the new bracelet looks cheaper but ok i must say its a little flaw compared to what they did better.

If they add 10 dollar and make it next year better (with white filled AP logo and stuff) i would buy it again. I actually even like it more than my 15400 because its not so heavy (normally i like heavy watches) and the slim look is freaking beautiful you just look on the wrist and think "What a pretty watch" and i have big arms so yeah :D even with big arms it looks sexy as hell. Its just put it on your wrist and after 10 seconds you will forget that you have a watch on because its so light compared to other watches (15400 is a good example).

el_assamite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/7/10
Thank you very much for your precious feedback.
I was dreaming having this watch, I tried many times the gen and it fits perfectly on my small wrist.
My feeling is that the 15202 is incredibly balanced, simple and clean, perfect sizing.
They changed also the case-back, now it is closer to the 5402 one! So more gen like even if referring to the older version of the watch. Could be a perfect donor in case that someone as the chance to source a 5402 dial and a compatible white DW (in my dream).
Factory should produce a 5402 based on this version, would easily be a super rep IMO.

Cheers,

E

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Tigerdragon

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
So after some hours with the old quartz and the new one here are some thoughts, review will coming later this week (hope so many work at the moment sorry).

- New Quartz AP logo is spot on in sunlight THEY only must fill white paint in the logo and it would be perfect (and straight it up because some models have it slightly not straight).
- New blue color is 1:1 in warm electronic light/neutral light BUT a little bit to blue/purpelish in the bright sun (but maybe they used the new 2018 model which has an darker blue/purpelish look see 15400 V3 thread and the gen from mech500 )
- Case is completly different (more gen like) than the quartz before, the case is smaller but the shape is more like an arrow on the sides (like the gen actually) you can clearly see it at day if you have both side by side.
- They made the bezel and the backside slimmer thats how they get the gen size (midcase is the same height) i could clearly see it.
- The bezel is NOT flush as the quartz before its more like gen but still incorrect but atleast they try to fix it.
- The tapseries is pretty damn good and not flat as before WAY more gen like.
- The bracelet is better after i wearing it some days not so stiff anymore (thank god lol)
- Bracelet is smaller + i didn't remove any links and its the same length like my old which i removed 2 links so its a little smaller in the lengh than before.

Some Notes:
Wearing the two watches its actually quiet different. The new one actually wears a little bigger because the whole case shape is more like gen (and yes the watch IS thinner in size) but it looks perfect on my arm on daylight it looks like an extremly expensive watch when the sunlights hits the polished midlinks etc it just looks pure epic on the arm, its like this "glowing" you see on Gen APs which makes them so beautiful. The old quartz does not have that and looks kinda boring (still a beautiful watch). On electical light the new bracelet looks cheaper but ok i must say its a little flaw compared to what they did better.

If they add 10 dollar and make it next year better (with white filled AP logo and stuff) i would buy it again. I actually even like it more than my 15400 because its not so heavy (normally i like heavy watches) and the slim look is freaking beautiful you just look on the wrist and think "What a pretty watch" and i have big arms so yeah :D even with big arms it looks sexy as hell. Its just put it on your wrist and after 10 seconds you will forget that you have a watch on because its so light compared to other watches (15400 is a good example).

you a legend mate, I am so excited to get mine. I only bought it because of how you rave about this watch.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
i hope you like it! :) for me its the watch with the best price tag ive ever seen.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Ok, so sead sent me a picture, the white and black are like this. Old date position and automatic text is there but different position

5b6422f7fadc435abe011be94c0cc7e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
Ok, so sead sent me a picture, the white and black are like this. Old date position and automatic text is there but different position

5b6422f7fadc435abe011be94c0cc7e9.jpg

Bro, that looks nothing like a 15202 LOL that must be the 15303, special edition.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Bro, that looks nothing like a 15202 LOL that must be the 15303, special edition.

Haha, I was thinking this looks all wrong worse then the first version. It’s what he sent me when I asked

grilledcheese

Renowned Member
25/7/15
DEU

Are you sure you ordered the right model? This looks like a cheap 15400 if you're asking me.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Are you sure you ordered the right model? This looks like a cheap 15400 if you're asking me.

I haven’t ordered anything, I asked sead about black dial quartz 15202 which he said now has the automatic text. I asked for a pic and he said it’s like this white one I pictured. I took it literally, but he ment the placement of the text and I’m guessing tmhe didn’t mean that was the actual model. Sorry for confusion.

grilledcheese

Renowned Member
25/7/15
DEU
I don't understand why the factory would dials with different printings on the dial. :D

Maybe Sead made a mistake. :D

glee79

9/3/17
Have anyone tried to waterproof the watch a bit? So it can be used at the pool, swimming and in an shower?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
looks like it no idea not an quartz vs. automatic expert and basically i never set the date :D

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
yeah its because i wear a different watch every day so it makes no sense :D