• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this any good????

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Guys I know this is a new one on puretime
was wondering is this a significant improvement from the other jf models

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Still has all the usual flaws, but now the 'jewels' on the deco plate look rather solid red compared to the usual transparent purple hue. DW mag is slightly improved, but the font is still off. Large hand centers, date placement / marker interface.... If this is new, they didn't do much. The Logo looks a little better, but you'd only see this in so much detail under macro shots. With the dial colour, the logo is not a stand out tell to me on these.

Reactions: krkqm2008

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
That is a pretty good one OTB. Generally all the colours are okay. I would recommend mods to the DW, cyclops, hand centers, and then it will be great. But you may be able to live with the current look. It all comes down to personal choice.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
44mm JF APs are really good value, IMO. I do not think you can go wrong with any of them. The one you link to has a really nice grain on the ceramic bezel. But follow bkg's advise and mod the DW, cyclops, Xtal and the strap. Maybe also a relume and a hand pinion thinning as well, and then there is no need to buy the gen.

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Honestly the strap feels great, I have looked at a gen strap or even a high end Strap from a third party strap site, JF did a good job on it, I wanna change the date wheel and the cyc for sure, the other stuff I can live with, thanks guys for the replies, sincerely appreciate it