• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fatal Mistake

MichaelJag

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/17
I picked up silver themes 42MM ROO from a member here a few months ago. I have a factory AP strap that I wanted to install, so I took it to my local jeweler to have the strap swapped. Without telling me, she put some loctite type of substance on it, which made it impossible to remove the screws. I sent it over to Steve (rnprof) but he wasn't able to get the screws out either. Does anyone have any suggestions, or can refer someone with a drill press that can drill out the screws that are seized in there without damaging the case or plots? The plots that are stuck are actually a friends gen plots, and the case is a V6F I believe.

Thanks in advance!!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Sorry for stating the obvious but Have you tried heating up the screws with a hair drier? Cover the strap to protect it. Heat helps melt loctite. They do they same in AP boutique when sizing bracelets (actually heat up the bracelet first).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SuperLory

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
If you heat or use a chemical de bonder, please take out the movement and dial and tachy and crystal beforehand.

MichaelJag

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/17
Thanks James - I would love to send it over, actually Steve was going to send it directly to you from him however we discussed the challenges with shipping. Would be best since Id like you to mod the strap as well :) Will PM you though.

Steve has removed the movement and tried heating up as well but they just arent breaking loose :-/