• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15710 V9 A2824 (White Dial) - Potential Super Rep Replacement

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
https://www.intime03.co/audemars-pig...-50-a3120.html

It seems that JF has gone to the flat dial tapisserie pattern which addresses all dial issues of the AP Diver. Too bad it only comes in white.
As much as the V7 Diver (Black Dial) was the best AP Diver to date, the dial tapisserie pattern was still incorrect regardless of the watch being a closed caseback. They were only good for frankening w/ a gen dial. For those who are keeping the costs low and want a good watch out of the box, I think it's better to have a correct dial and an open caseback.

To avoid confusion:
Flat Dial Tapisserie w/Open Caseback - 15710
"Swirly" Dial Tapisserie w/Closed Caseback - 15703

Regardless.. it still needs a mikey dw as it looks like shit.
L

Last edited:
Reactions: IWCAP

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
You have it backwards.
15703 Swirl Dial was closed caseback
15710 Flat dial was open caseback

And I think the experts have said the Noob v3.5 "wet" swirl dial was the best 15703 dial to date.

Reactions: SuperLory

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
Slap aceramic bezel on this beauty, paint the second hand red and it will be my dream AP diver!

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
You have it backwards.
15703 Swirl Dial was closed caseback
15710 Flat dial was open caseback

And I think the experts have said the Noob v3.5 "wet" swirl dial was the best 15703 dial to date.

you are correct! let me fix that.

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Not sure if it's the pictures on the site but it looks They've still got the shades of white incorrect. The dial colour should be more matte white and not cream.

The flat dial is correct though (on the white)

Additionally the DW is wrong.

The DW on my v3.5 diver was much better imo.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
gen from london department store
9Vz1T9g.jpg

Reactions: lpl

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
As it got a A2824 the DW mod is an easy fix.

I wonder why they dont made a new font DW... The dial looks gorgeous, maybe they use the same on the black version and maybe also on the ceramic diver.

fishysquishy

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
on this latest release, were the tapisseries updated in terms of shape (not talking about swirls)? looking at previous versions of the white dial it seems that there was a slight change, maybe there a bit bigger? or more pyramid shape now? just curious if anyone noticed this as well

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
on this latest release, were the tapisseries updated in terms of shape (not talking about swirls)? looking at previous versions of the white dial it seems that there was a slight change, maybe there a bit bigger? or more pyramid shape now? just curious if anyone noticed this as well

the main update is in the size of each square and depth to my eye - they are bigger now yeah an it seems to be bit updated in color i think. maybe a video will show the true beauty of this piece.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
It seemed like for a long time that every rep of the 15710 had some glaring fault or weakness. Now that JF have the dial moderately correct, I would advise JF to turn their attention to the hands, cyclops and the datewheel. Not a single Diver released by JF has the correct hand geometry. Then, when they get those details correct, they can move on to making the small adjustments to the case and bezel that are needed to save me 2 full days of work to correct their mistakes there. Still, this is a praiseworthy effort and marks a return to the 2824-based constructions we all should prefer.

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
I do agree with most of what people have already said.

White JF are clearly improving on some aspects of the rep, it is overall of no better quality that the previous version. The dial (sadly on the white version only) looks almost spot on, and the case is more than fine (still with wrong geometry though). But they are clearly not interested in the business that our relatively small community generates if all those comments that we’ve made in the last few years in terms of what can be improved are constantly overlooked. DW is clearly wrong; hands are wrong; tachy is bad; crown alignment can never be right, etc, etc.).

And yet, this is just a rep. So our limited buying power renders a similarly limited result: imperfect quality, but not bad, not very bad for the bucks they ask :)

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
If you need to compare, this is mine based on the v8 last version.

830238978b793f19d49ccc6f97d01929.jpg

0ee5dc9724804baa9a24fa86552b9803.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
It seemed like for a long time that every rep of the 15710 had some glaring fault or weakness. Now that JF have the dial moderately correct, I would advise JF to turn their attention to the hands, cyclops and the datewheel. Not a single Diver released by JF has the correct hand geometry. Then, when they get those details correct, they can move on to making the small adjustments to the case and bezel that are needed to save me 2 full days of work to correct their mistakes there. Still, this is a praiseworthy effort and marks a return to the 2824-based constructions we all should prefer.
My next AP is going to you!

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Gen hornback (not the best strap for a Diver, but i like this Piano Diver)

iyB8bCqh.jpg

PpqytNch.jpg

Bracelet

T3zZVtoh.jpg

LducYgnh.jpg

I must admit since i have the mokka rubber, i dont want to wear it with anything else.