• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver JF V9 is out.

Pluto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/1/17
Anyone know what screw to use to regulate the AP Diver JF V9? It’s an A2824 decorated to A3120 but there are no clear markings to determine which one is correct however there are two next to each other where the regulator screw would normally be.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Anyone know what screw to use to regulate the AP Diver JF V9? It’s an A2824 decorated to A3120 but there are no clear markings to determine which one is correct however there are two next to each other where the regulator screw would normally be.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I would recommend to let an watchmaker do the work for you if you ask this question the way you ask. Nothing against you or your interest. Dont get me wrong on this.

If you want to do it yourself take the decoration off and you will see the naked 2824 underneath and also its standard regulator.

Same if you have a decorated 9015 - take the decoration off and there you have the normal regulator as they only cover the base movement without modifying it.

Reactions: vcappp

Pluto

25/1/17
I would recommend to let an watchmaker do the work for you if you ask this question the way you ask. Nothing against you or your interest. Dont get me wrong on this.

If you want to do it yourself take the decoration off and you will see the naked 2824 underneath and also its standard regulator.

Same if you have a decorated 9015 - take the decoration off and there you have the normal regulator as they only cover the base movement without modifying it.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately there are no watchmakers remotely close to me so my best chance would be to send it off which I’m not comfortable in doing. I think I’ll hook my watch up to my timegrapher and take a photo before making any adjustments. There is one screw that is pretty much directly on top of where the screw would be on an ETA 2824 so I’ll try that first

Sent from the RWI App

BIONONE

28/4/17
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately there are no watchmakers remotely close to me so my best chance would be to send it off which I’m not comfortable in doing. I think I’ll hook my watch up to my timegrapher and take a photo before making any adjustments. There is one screw that is pretty much directly on top of where the screw would be on an ETA 2824 so I’ll try that first

Sent from the RWI App

ETA-2824-2-technische-Daten-und-Ganggenauigkeit.jpg

This is how it should look without the decoration onto it - from the middle of the balance jewel there is the Y-shaped regulator which reaches the adjustment screw

Reactions: vcappp

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Edit: QC changed and accepted.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
I have a QC question, is it just me or does the "0" of the "30" marker on the bezel have like a gap or uneven lume close to the 6 marker?
a2823cdf0953afcceca582d3a79ba52f.jpg

it is just you

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Just accepted it. If its really a problem, relume isnt a big problem to fix. Thanks for your input guys.

tbtheone1

4/12/17
Canada
I'm having an issue. When I got the watch the date insta changed at midnight if im not mistaken. Now the date does a slow turn within the last hour and sometimes is sitting at halfway between dates. Is this normal???? What is the cause and is there a solution or something im missing?

BIONONE

28/4/17
I'm having an issue. When I got the watch the date insta changed at midnight if im not mistaken. Now the date does a slow turn within the last hour and sometimes is sitting at halfway between dates. Is this normal???? What is the cause and is there a solution or something im missing?

Is your watch fully wound? Often there is lack of power for the quick change. Try to wind your watch by hand - the automatic module has in the first place a supporting purpose. Sometimes winding by hand can help.

Otherwise - if you seperately changed your date between 20:00 and 03:00 o clock - you have propably damaged the quick date setting. Most automatic movements have problems with date adjustment during this time frame.

A service should sort this problem out.

Alvintanwt

Looking Around
3/11/18
Hello I just received the V9 from intime03.co
And the back casing looks horrendous or am I wrong
eaDrsf

cmtyo

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
2/11/18
Just received my V9. I don't think its officially a new version but mine came with an "H Serial" and accurate classic date font. Green hands were fixed as well and I think the caseback was improved. I'll be posting an in depth review of it soon. I'm surprised they didn't call it the v10 with all the changes. I guess we can refer to it as the v9.5

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Got mine yesterday. Hands are still green (compared to v7).

Here is the watch with little lume charge pictured in a dark room. In this scenario the dial/hands lume looks comparable in colour but go near a window and the daylight changes everything
7b6f9a29341c2e1c5fe1011d279dc4e4.jpg

e01e7f3e6390b5f0989f9ff0f246f990.jpg

Hands glow brighter than dial markers:
fd1ae8c69af189b60a5ba9bd520f2553.jpg

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Maybe it’s the window cut-out or the cyclops or the font or the clarity but the date area looks ugly to my eyes.

The font just doesn’t do it for me. Makes the watch look fake. I don’t care if this is a gen font...it just looks wrong.
364cef846c012c67ee08936c04bca38e.jpg

Reactions: Francio

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Maybe it’s the window cut-out or the cyclops or the font or the clarity but the date area looks ugly to my eyes.

The font just doesn’t do it for me. Makes the watch look fake. I don’t care if this is a gen font...it just looks wrong.
364cef846c012c67ee08936c04bca38e.jpg

I am the same, that serifed old style font, looks wrong on a modern design diver like this.

FTW

25/9/18
Just received my V9. I don't think its officially a new version but mine came with an "H Serial" and accurate classic date font. Green hands were fixed as well and I think the caseback was improved. I'll be posting an in depth review of it soon. I'm surprised they didn't call it the v10 with all the changes. I guess we can refer to it as the v9.5

Did it also have the flexable endlinks on it? I bought a v9 a couple months ago and it has the green hands, I serial and no flexable endlinks