• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver JF V9 is out.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Thank you buddy! I took a gamble w it as only the hands were relumed. Only used C1, the drawback is the lume on the markers are now stronger than the hands, but oh well.. even the gen divers are known for their inherently weak lume, so not really a tell imo!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

nobody will run into you and say "lets check your lume(color) of your $15.000 watch" haha

before someone will call you out because of this or before someone will mention that something is off they will find other silly things or will show themselves as RWI members haha

BigBadWolf

Horology Curious
13/7/18
Haha! Ngl, after being immersed in rwi, Ive found myself to be skeptical of every watch that comes my way and also realized how caught up I am in the "tells" hahaha!

ossi

30/4/15
Great to hear it, at least there is a pretty good recourse :)
I hope everything turns out smooth and fine for you buddy.

Thanks. Let’s see. I keep you updated!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

johnpaul21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/8/18
Please see my QC image. It looks like, the whole dial is misaligned counterclockwise?!

And the hands are greener than from Johnpaul21 as well. :-/

e68425dda197c5375d1bcc6c263023f6.jpg

Oh man that looks kind of rough for sure. Did you get other ANGELS of the watch yet? Kind of worried about mine now as well.

johnpaul21

9/8/18
Just got this bad boy relumed. Now Im really loving it!!!
P.s
Sorry for the finger prints!
The bezel is really a fingerprint magnet!
d556042bca08af1d5c7ebd0f98c6ef4b.jpg
8b9b3bf73b6bf5f1bc97c71f3817fe33.jpg

Ugh i keep going back and forth on wanting to relume. This looks really nice now. I'm gonna see how mine looks in person before deciding (obviously).

ossi

30/4/15
Oh man that looks kind of rough for sure. Did you get other ANGELS of the watch yet? Kind of worried about mine now as well.

I asked them to double check and send me images from a different angle. Since I did not receive any new images, I guess they are sourcing a new watch right now.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Do you think XF will release the version? The 15707 ceramic V2 XF is very good REP.

would be the easiest and cleverest way to gain even more money while they can celebrate a come back as the new competitor to JF.

they already have the CAD files for the case (needs modifying for the end links but thats it i guess compared to the SS diver)

nine posted a picture of a completely redesigned 15703/15706 dial with sharper engraving lines and more details (19 lines/square while JF got only 10 lines/square) - hopefully they will use this and mass produce it while putting it into a SS diver and renew the whole AP Diver-Game haha

ossi

30/4/15
I asked them to double check and send me images from a different angle. Since I did not receive any new images, I guess they are sourcing a new watch right now.

Ryan just confirmed that the dial is misaligned. They will source a new one for me! I keep you updated!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Oh god, drawing lines on QC pictures. I would be embarrassed to do that and publically admit it when buying a $400 fake watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BIONONE

ossi

30/4/15
Oh god, drawing lines on QC pictures. I would be embarrassed to do that and publically admit it when buying a $400 fake watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing your pointless opinion. We are talking about minor flaws and want watches as close to gen as possible and a major flaw like this is an easy tell.
I see nothing wrong here and I am sure many of my fellow AP lovers would not disagree.
Nevertheless, we know you for your provocative comments. But please do this in another Forum or in the looney bin. Thanks!

Reactions: Lliu31

johnpaul21

9/8/18
I feel like I probably know the answer to this question. But this watch won’t survive say wading on the shallow end of the pool right ?

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
I've actually drawn lines over dials to make sure everything lines up. It's much easier than eyeballing it. A typical $40 watch has aligned markers so a $400 watch easily should.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: ossi

Lliu31

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/2/17
NYC
johnpaul21 i had a modded V7 that was greased and sealed. Showered and light swim with it. But nothing crazy. The 10’o clock screw down is the weak point where water would get in. I generally don’t swim with my reps. But I went diving in the Caribbean 3 months ago with my rep breitling gmt II and it survived over 100 feet. So you never know. Construction integrity is a hit or miss.

Reactions: johnpaul21

Lliu31

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/2/17
NYC
Thank you for sharing your pointless opinion. We are talking about minor flaws and want watches as close to gen as possible and a major flaw like this is an easy tell.
I see nothing wrong here and I am sure many of my fellow AP lovers would not disagree.
Nevertheless, we know you for your provocative comments. But please do this in another Forum or in the looney bin. Thanks!

I draw lines on my QC too lol. You’re not alone.

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17

Problem is it doesn't make any sense to draw lines on this Picture because the angle of the taken picture is not directly from the top. Of course it doesnt look right lol

johnpaul21

9/8/18
I feel like if you're spending 400-500 dollars on a watch, whether its a rep or not, you'd want it to have at least aligned markers...

ossi

30/4/15
Problem is it doesn't make any sense to draw lines on this Picture because the angle of the taken picture is not directly from the top. Of course it doesnt look right lol

Not 100% true. The 12 and 3 markers are on the same dial and assuming the watch lays perfectly straight at 180 degrees to the floor it gives at least at good indication. Ryan also confirmed the markers are not aligned after asking for images from a different angle (and not rejecting it straight away).
However, it is good to see I am not the only one with OCD here if it comes to details! Seems to be a common RWI syndrome. :p

ljewell646

Certified
20/5/18
green hands were driving me nuts so went with relume and prof 2xar