• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF AP 15400ST Gen vs Rep mini-review (BLUE)

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Very nice review. This makes me want the gen so bad :) jf looks way too fat. Congrats on the purchase!

​​​

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
This is one of the best reviews I've ever seen. mech500 you are THE MAN!

Besides the thickness that is really bad, I found 2 things that are annoying to me:
1 - the seconds hand base is fatter - this is a small detail but noticeable.
2 - the dial pattern (dots) on the gen are "eating" part of the "squares", while on the rep they are not "touching" - i think this make the big difference in perspective, since the "prefect" squares of the rep are dull. I don't know if i explain it right... i hope you understand :)

These 2 improvements are simple (i think) and will make a significant difference (to me at least :))

corleone911

6/11/17
This is one of the best reviews I've ever seen. mech500 you are THE MAN!

Besides the thickness that is really bad, I found 2 things that are annoying to me:
1 - the seconds hand base is fatter - this is a small detail but noticeable.
2 - the dial pattern (dots) on the gen are "eating" part of the "squares", while on the rep they are not "touching" - i think this make the big difference in perspective, since the "prefect" squares of the rep are dull. I don't know if i explain it right... i hope you understand :)

These 2 improvements are simple (i think) and will make a significant difference (to me at least :))

I agree mate! Best review

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
The black dial has a problem, the automatic is not centered vertically in the box. Sorry for the awakening, now you can appreciate the blue more. ????

Sent from the RWI App

Centred vertically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rooneey

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/9/18
Thanks for a great review. I was about to buy a Patek rep, but now i might rethinkg this back again... :)
You mentioned, that blue dial is not that blinky and is worth to try black dial instead. Anyone could confirm that is safer to go for black one then please?

Reactions: mech500

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Thanks for a great review. I was about to buy a Patek rep, but now i might rethinkg this back again... :)
You mentioned, that blue dial is not that blinky and is worth to try black dial instead. Anyone could confirm that is safer to go for black one then please?

Yes. Black is safer
4281a2618915f911d85def00b8a6c9ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acozcan

Known Member
6/7/17
Great review.. Thanks..
If they can make the same thickness, %95 of members including me would not care for other flawns.. But thickness is a must I think!

Reactions: corleone911

MrOptional

8/10/18
Is the left one blue dial? Sorry can't see too well. If it's black, do you have black rep vs. black gen side by side photo?

MrOptional

8/10/18
thanks! for rep and accurate color do you think black is better than blue, just curious?

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Legend posted a thread on black rep vs gen not long ago. Don't be lazy and get searching.

Mech. That gen looks bloody stunning man...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk