• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF AP 15400ST Gen vs Rep mini-review (BLUE)

Jearbear427

Horology Curious
13/2/18
For whatever reason I feel like the JF version is very unphotogenic and diferences can actually be spotted way easier in vids or photos posted here versus gen in real life. I visited the boutique, and honestly when I tried on the gen and looked for all these supposed flaws (other than the movement) it was pretty much impossible to spot anything

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Wtf
if this is a mini reviews, what r his full on reviews like?

wow

thanks and congrats!!

Reactions: mech500

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08
Very, very cool comparison. Awesome. Thank you for that! Congrats on your gen! If you wanna sell the rep, let me know. Already have a black version from you. :)

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Great reviews!
I saw a post from ig the other day has the same photo as yours without crediting you.
Ztf6D.jpg

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
JF should give me a cut for making their watch happen. Angus, set up a meeting please. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
7fdf018ea469b505ac970d34011ab67c.png

Over 100 comments and the consensus is people haven’t got a clue.

The JF is so close, I have the black and love it. To me the only thing that stands out is the dial print is slightly more bright and crisp on gen but that’s being very picky.

I’ve never handled the gen but I’ve always imagined the bracelet is probably quite a bit smoother and better finished than the JF as mine is a little on the rough side.

Thanks for the review and congrats on the gen pick up.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Recently picked up my grail watch, AP 15400ST boutique Blue and thought I’d do a quick gen vs rep mini-review for the community.

Summary:
Obviously, there are some hardcore members on the rep forums that have the ability to spot a rep from space, but you ain’t gonna run in to the 100 or so of these guys in the real world, all I know, is that the rep is excellent and scary close to gen (on the wrist).

Great review. Thanks.

There's one point you made, which I believe is accurate, as listed above.

I agree that there are only about 100 people on this globe who can spot a great rep in real life, i.e. on a moving wrist. This is assuming random sampling. The Sub, yes, there might be more as it is perhaps the most popular watch, hence the most popular rep.

People use percentages like 98, 99.9 etc. without understanding the scope. 98 is 1 in 50, 99.9 is 1 in 1000. Of our global population of what, 8 billion, a hundred would be 100/8billion. Circumstances and situations of course will greatly deviate from this average.

Bottom line, like the oft repeated "buy from seller" would perhaps be equated to "gauge by the wearer" if one is so obsessed with this aspect.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I visited to AP boutique to try it on my wrist. The difference is noticeable due to the thickness of case including the bezel even on the wrist but if the wrist is moving it could be not noticeable.

If JF brings newer model version with the same thickness as gen then it will be a must have item.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I visited to AP boutique to try it on my wrist. The difference is noticeable due to the thickness of case including the bezel even on the wrist but if the wrist is moving it could be not noticeable.

If JF brings newer model version with the same thickness as gen then it will be a must have item.

I agree bro, Other people won’t notice the extra thickness .....however more importantly I notice the difference when I hold my watch but We are connoisseurs and like to nit pick.

The extra thickness makes the rep feel and handle like a completely different watch. The gen thinness is a big part of the watches geometry. The thicker rep wears like a different watch on the wrist (but looks the same to others).

With the 10% thickness removed, gen melts around the wrist better.

0f60c7faf74b6fe7553cd51e04a5fcab.jpg

It won’t be long before JF fix the thickness issue. Gen hands are the other thing that the factories can rep properly.

Reactions: Nivka

Marcorex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/18
People use percentages like 98, 99.9 etc. without understanding the scope. 98 is 1 in 50, 99.9 is 1 in 1000. Of our global population of what, 8 billion, a hundred would be 100/8billion. Circumstances and situations of course will greatly deviate from this average.

The biggest flaw will always be your lifestyle if you don't look like somebody that can invest 20k in a watch.

Marcorex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/18
and thats still not correct :D i know people who have 50k gen watches and looking like homeless people.

Sure but I also guess the majority of the people are assuming their watches are fake, without checking the second hand, the logo, the texture, the thickness....Same for the opposite case, like when Neymar went around with a fake RM and (almost) nobody noticed it :D