• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Buying Advise Help

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Hi Guys,

Is there atm a better version of the "Royal Oak Offshore Diver A2824 V7" or will there be a newer Version soon?

and which main flaws does this Rep got vs the Gen?

I'm going to soon buy my first AP Rep and thats why i am asking.

AP RO: https://www.intime02.co/audemars-pi...-edition-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a3120.html

AP ROOD: https://www.intime02.co/audemars-piguet/1589-royal-oak-offshore-diver-a2824-v7-.html

I would decide between theese 2 AP's

i know the flaws from the RO with the width and the Swirl. But i nearly know nothing about the ROOD Rep.

I just need some Buying Advise

Thank you Guys!

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
Those 2 watches wear completely different on the wrist. The 15400 can be worn with a suit or Jeans and T-Shirt. The diver does not really go with a Suit.
As far as the diver goes, make sure they send you the 2824 version and not the 9015 version (TDs have done that to a few members so far)

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Those 2 watches wear completely different on the wrist. The 15400 can be worn with a suit or Jeans and T-Shirt. The diver does not really go with a Suit.
As far as the diver goes, make sure they send you the 2824 version and not the 9015 version (TDs have done that to a few members so far)

How can i be sure that ive got the 2824 version? and Thank you!

but why not the Diver to a suit? i think it looks more clean than the RO

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the 9015 version. The latest 9015 version (v8) actually is suppose to have a better durability AR crystal and a dial “update” compared to the outgoing 2824 V7.... but who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
The miyota version is no good if you plan to mod it, ie convert the movement to low beat and put a mikey datewheel on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
How can i be sure that ive got the 2824 version? and Thank you!

but why not the Diver to a suit? i think it looks more clean than the RO

date wheel rotation when the date changes. 2824 numbers ascend so wheel moves clockwise

Reactions: tosoboso

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
OP,

All the questions asked by you have been discussed at great length so many times.

It’s really hard to boil down those discussions and comparisons to the real thing to a simple Y/N answer.

Neither of those watches is close enough for the real AP fan, but both would be good enough for the entry user (as we’ve all been - I discovered that the only way to decide is to have many items at hand and choose the one that suits your taste and needs most). If you have no OCD then either one should be good for you.

And as pointed out already, I’d stay away from the 9015 movement when possible if you’d like to keep the watch qnd possibly upgrade it. But then again, just do some searching with keywords: low beat conversion, powermatic 80, Mikey datewheel, Edge datewheel.

Enjoy the ride

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
OP,

All the questions asked by you have been discussed at great length so many times.

It’s really hard to boil down those discussions and comparisons to the real thing to a simple Y/N answer.

Neither of those watches is close enough for the real AP fan, but both would be good enough for the entry user (as we’ve all been - I discovered that the only way to decide is to have many items at hand and choose the one that suits your taste and needs most). If you have no OCD then either one should be good for you.

And as pointed out already, I’d stay away from the 9015 movement when possible if you’d like to keep the watch qnd possibly upgrade it. But then again, just do some searching with keywords: low beat conversion, powermatic 80, Mikey datewheel, Edge datewheel.

Enjoy the ride

Thank you very much!

but what do you mean by "Neither of those watches is close enough for the real AP fan"

i mean i know a rep is a rep but i would say some are pretty close to gen (not the movement)

is there a AP Super rep? i tought the v7 is already the "super rep"

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
The real hard core AP fans will mod the watch at very least, most will Franken it.
As Tosoboso said, there is many discussions on moding, flaws with the 9015, etc. We gave you the down and dirty answers here to guide you to the right purchase so you can upgrade the watch later if you want to. (Most get at least Mikey datawheel and that is only for 2824 not 9015). As far as super reps go, that will take a lot of reading on your part. To many pelted chimed in on Super Rep threads that really didn't know what they were talking about with the attitude "it is good enough for my tastes, so it is a super rep".
So if you are going to dive into the intricacies if the rep game, you will be reading for 50+ hours just to get past the crap that get interjected into treads from people who didn't have a clue. They also got NWBIG confused with Super Reps, they are not the same thing.
So basic advice-
Get the 2824 not the Miyota 9015.
If you get the diver- get Closed caseback version
Diver is to big (in my opinion) to fit under dress shirt cuff.
Read a LOT more because everything you want to know and more about these watches have been discussed in great length on here. Have fun with your purchases.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
As far as super reps go, that will take a lot of reading on your part. To many pelted chimed in on Super Rep threads that really didn't know what they were talking about with the attitude "it is good enough for my tastes, so it is a super rep".

+1 ^this

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
It seems to me you already made some due diligence, which is good. Personally, would go for a RO, being more universal.

And let me add a general point - 90% of the folks around don't really care/know about the watches so the flaws we discuss here are unknown to them. So pick the one that floats your boat and enjoy.

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
It seems to me you already made some due diligence, which is good. Personally, would go for a RO, being more universal.

And let me add a general point - 90% of the folks around don't really care/know about the watches so the flaws we discuss here are unknown to them. So pick the one that floats your boat and enjoy.

The V3 got too many flaws in my opinion. i need to wait until the V4 comes out. And yes thats true i mean everybody knows Rolex To be honest but AP etc is just for the 5-10%

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
The V3 got too many flaws in my opinion. i need to wait until the V4 comes out. And yes thats true i mean everybody knows Rolex To be honest but AP etc is just for the 5-10%

That's the same reasoning we often make here, V x is out, but lets wait for V x+1

But there are two risks
1) V x+1 will be released or not? When?
2) V x+1 may be an improvement over V x but still have some flaws we've seen on V x-1

Reactions: FastPaced

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
That's the same reasoning we often make here, V x is out, but lets wait for V x+1

But there are two risks
1) V x+1 will be released or not? When?
2) V x+1 may be an improvement over V x but still have some flaws we've seen on V x-1

You are right but im sure they will release a new version in the next 1-2 Years and maybe earlier and i would be sad if i would buy the black RO V3 now and 4-5 Month's later they release the V3J with maybe 9,8mm width and without the swirl on the 2 boxes