• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this a defect?

Bliss

Horology Curious
1/11/16
Hey guys so I've received some QC pictures, it's a JF version. I've circled my concerns and was wondering if you guys could spot anything else? Any help would be much appreciated.

Is what I circled a common defect?

https://imgur.com/a/RBNIo

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Na, I bet they're all like that.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Nothing to worry about. You'll probably never even see it IRL

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
S57FyKz.jpg

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
That is very concerning aesthetically and may make the watch sit oddly on your wrist.

This is what I feared - OP could end up with a watch that frequently slips 180° on his wrist because of an imbalance in the cases' mass.

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
This is what I feared - OP could end up with a watch that frequently slips 180° on his wrist because of an imbalance in the cases mass.

Yep. I've seen it before and it can cause permanent disability:
9k=

Reactions: tripdog

Bliss

Horology Curious
1/11/16
Hahaha.. well it was the only one in stock apparently. I decided to accept it

Reactions: Nivka

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
All joking side, it seems nitpicking QC threads are representative of a psychological syndrome that I have noticed has gotten steadily worse with time on the rep forums, a mental list of dissatisfactions and grievances with a given rep that starts picayune but quickly become nearly despair-grade. Many of these new members who reject QC on the basis of very minor faults seem to be suffering from a delusion, and the senior members know it is a delusion, this envy of a perfect replica, and still it is painful for these new members, and these QC threads continue to be started on and on. I know that the syndrome's cause is not simply the contempt bred of a magnified familiarity with a slightly imperfect new replica, and that the source of all the dissatisfactions isn't even the neurosis incubator that the rep forums can become, but rather plain old human apperceptive consciousness, or, more precisely, that ur-consumerist part of watch buyers that craves and responds to pampering, spoiling and passive pleasure: the Dissatisifed Infant part of people, the part that always and indiscriminately wants the perfect rep for the least amount of money. Hence the syndrome by which, for example, the current OP migth experience embarrasment over the perceived self-indulgence of launching a thread on a public forum viewable by billions of people about a "defect" which is incredibly negligable and likely evident on every single watch in that run of that model from that factory, and how this seems deeply dissatisfying. The OP is maybe now in a position to appreciate the lie at the dark heart of the replica industry advertising copy. For the fantasy of a perfect rep or perfect clone is the central fantasy the TDs are selling. The thing to notice is that the real fantasy here isn't that this promise will be kept, but that such a promise is keepable at all. This is a big one, this lie. And of course many people want to believe that maybe this one time the replica watch they buy will be for once finally perfect, that the product of perfect replication will be so completely and faultlessly accomplished that all their demand for perfection will be completely sated. But that can never be the case, because the part of them that desires perfection is insatiable, and with each successive version of a rep, the insatiable part of people will simply adjust their desires upward until it once again levels out at its homeostasis of terrible dissatisfaction with an incredibly miniscule fault.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
^^ If you want a better rep, pay the price and get it Modded! I think I have about $1100 into each of my divers and they don't have any gen parts. But I had to buy a few different watches to combine to make the best non Franken rep I could. My 15400 I have about $1800 into it because of the Gen dial and case thinning and Crystal. Then you can get to the Franken level by sending it off to one of the experts like Slaughterer62, Domi or Adrian but be prepared to pay and wait. Gen parts are a lot of money and these guys are very busy, there is a line out the door waiting for there expert services! Frankens typically Frankens (at least AP) start at $4000 and go up from there.

ashleyl0316

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/18
just wanted to put it out there

If you can live with the way more obvious flaws such as the tachy, date window, thickness , crown position etc, why bother with this such a minute detail?