• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO Diver Gen Strap Lug Gap?

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Hey hey,
So just grabbed a gen tang buckle to accompany the strap I grabbed off tinitosi and fitted it to my ROO Diver (JF v7) but there's an unavoidable gap between the lugs and the strap itself. I tried searching the forums to see what's up and if there's any fixes but my search for "AP ROO diver gen strap lug gap" returned no meaningful results.
Is this an issue with the JF plots or just the case itself? Thanks!

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Pics could be helping to explain the size of the gap you are talking about.

In some threads you can find the info that JF plots are not fitting gen straps perfectly so some members use Noob plots...

BUT - When you ever handled a gen (Diver in my case) you would have mentioned a gap between strap and case itself. so there is no extremely tight fit like on JF's (i prefer the feeling of the rep connection)... but it isn't that big that someone would scream "FAKE" on your tight fitted JF strap if you know what i mean when I'm talking bout a gap and no tight feel haha :D

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Hey hey,
So just grabbed a gen tang buckle to accompany the strap I grabbed off tinitosi and fitted it to my ROO Diver (JF v7) but there's an unavoidable gap between the lugs and the strap itself. I tried searching the forums to see what's up and if there's any fixes but my search for "AP ROO diver gen strap lug gap" returned Â*no meaningful results.
Is this an issue with the JF plots or just the case itself? Thanks!

Easy fix. First off gen straps will always have a slight gap on a JF model. To correct this, cut a small piece of poly propylene or a piece of plastic bendable enough to cut. You will need 3-4 pieces that fit in the back of the strap above the plots. Jam them in there with a screwdriver to hold the strap “flush” to the plots. Now the gap will be gone. Good luck

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Pics could be helping to explain the size of the gap you are talking about.

In some threads you can find the info that JF plots are not fitting gen straps perfectly so some members use Noob plots...

BUT - When you ever handled a gen (Diver in my case) you would have mentioned a gap between strap and case itself. so there is no extremely tight fit like on JF's (i prefer the feeling of the rep connection)... but it isn't that big that someone would scream "FAKE" on your tight fitted JF strap if you know what i mean when I'm talking bout a gap and no tight feel haha :D

Apologies, am on my phone and unable to upload for some reason, will do so tomorrow. Thank you, will have a look to see if I can find noob plots. Haha thanks not too fussed about being called out otherwise I'd buy a real watch, just the gap is nagging at my OCD! Tanks :)

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Easy fix. First off gen straps will always have a slight gap on a JF model. To correct this, cut a small piece of poly propylene or a piece of plastic bendable enough to cut. You will need 3-4 pieces that fit in the back of the strap above the plots. Jam them in there with a screwdriver to hold the strap “flush” to the plots. Now the gap will be gone. Good luckÂ*

You sir are a legend, thank you!! Will try this out tomo :)

Reactions: TheDonSL

aplover88

Known Member
29/5/17
Here is a picture of how bad it looks, any idea how to fix this ?

12922ef75bcd0a92addc6cef93f08f2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aplover88

Known Member
29/5/17
Haha thanks, if you need help or a photo just pm me I’ll try and take one tomorrow.

I posted a picture of how bad it looks, I tried your fix but it looks pretty bad, do you know if changing the plots for noob ones fox this problem ?

TheDonSL

28/12/13
It’s a gen strap? That gap can’t be fixed. I’ve never had that issue before with hornbacks or Horus rubber straps.

aplover88

Known Member
29/5/17
It’s a gen strap? That gap can’t be fixed. I’ve never had that issue before with hornbacks or Horus rubber straps.

Yes, it’s a gen strap, with gen hornback leather straps there is no issue, the issue is with the gen rubber straps.

Does anyone know where to get noob plots ?

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Yes, it’s a gen strap, with gen hornback leather straps there is no issue, the issue is with the gen rubber straps.

Would love to know this too!

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Note: Noob plots will not solve your issue :( have tried any number of combinations.

Solution: buy gen AP plots or have the JF ones modded.

Warning: gen AP rubber bands are not really better in the sense that they crack quite easily, it’s pretty much a matter of luck.

Enjoy in any case (gen ROOs have gaps too sometimes, depending on the strap batches)

Reactions: androme

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I agree with T on the quality of AP OEM rubber straps: while the firmer rubber they are made of add alot of support and stability on the wrist, this rubber can easily crack if exposed to adverse environments. Nevertheless, in some cases I prefer the gen rubber over some of the conforming, soft rubber straps that JF turned out recently. Noob plots on a JFAC case will always result in strap that angles sharply downward from the case: the more severe angle results in less comfort and poor watch immobilization. What I mean by "immobilization" is that ideally you do not want the watch to circle around your wrist while wearing it: well, that is what will probably happen with Noob plots on a JF case. To modify a set of JF plots to eliminate a significant gap left by an OEM strap takes many hours work and it is doubtful anyone without the proper equipment and bucket loads of time and patience will achieve a satisfactory result.

Reactions: androme

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I have Noob, JF and other plots- unfortunately I do not know how to tell them all apart. Any insight would be helpful. I also have a bunch of different rubber straps and can't figure out how to tell what ones are what.
I use Noob cases on my 2 SS Divers. What at mess trying to match plotts and strap to them!
As far as my 3 ROO CP (1 Noob franken, 1 Noob and 1 JF) I have a hell of a time matching them all up too.
So my question (being some of the Gurus are replying to this thread) is, are the JF cases the only ones that use different plots and straps? As far as Noob and the other brands go, are the gen plots and straps the same as their rep plots and straps go as far as fitment?

Paladium

15/2/13

Are you sure that all gen hornback leather strap fit jf case without gap?

aplover88

Known Member
29/5/17
Note: Noob plots will not solve your issue :( have tried any number of combinations.

Solution: buy gen AP plots or have the JF ones modded.

Warning: gen AP rubber bands are not really better in the sense that they crack quite easily, it’s pretty much a matter of luck.

Enjoy in any case (gen ROOs have gaps too sometimes, depending on the strap batches)

I tried gen plots on an offshore 44mm and they sit lower in the case than they supposed to do basically they don’t fit. Are you sure this doesn’t happen with the 42mm ?

aplover88

Known Member
29/5/17
I tried gen plots on an offshore 44mm and they sit lower in the case than they supposed to do basically they don’t fit. Are you sure this doesn’t happen with the 42mm ?

I think we should all try to find a way to fix this, here’s a picture of a gen strap compres to a rep one and I think I don’t have to say which one is the gen, big difference for me and a must for improving a rep.

Have anyone ever fixed this issue ?

If anyone has a modified or is able to modify a plot to fit jf cases i can have it copied and mass produced so everyone has access to this at a low price.