• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF AP ROO Grey Themes AKA Elephant and JF 44mm AP White Ceramic ROO

TinyRick

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/1/17
Did you ever receive the watch? Any sunlight pics please? Thanks

No sun available today, only grim snowy weather.

EDIT: Excuse the shitty wrist bend, was trying to get better light on it. Will post better images when possible. Also, it arrived 2 days ago, but i finally got around to picking it up from the post office today.

LWosfqL.jpg

Will take better pics this weekend, with something other than my iPhone.

Reactions: androme

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
No sun available today, only grim snowy weather.

EDIT: Excuse the shitty wrist bend, was trying to get better light on it. Will post better images when possible. Also, it arrived 2 days ago, but i finally got around to picking it up from the post office today.

LWosfqL.jpg

Will take better pics this weekend, with something other than my iPhone.

Can't wait to see more! What was damage including shipping fees fella? Cheers.

TinyRick

10/1/17
Initial impression:

The XSmall strap is too small for me, i have one hole left before it's maxed, will 100% replace the strap. Looking at Horus possibly. The strap is also more creamy white than the ceramic white, so I don't particularly like it that much.

The watch itself is flawless, I'm pleased with the build and the quality of the face. The white ceramic is definitely white, not semen colored. The date wheel is pretty decent on this version, at least compared to the Forged Carbon ROO i have.

Overally, 8/10. With a new strap, and maybe a new crystal from Prof, I think this is my new daily wear (in summer at least)

TinyRick

10/1/17
Can't wait to see more! What was damage including shipping fees fella? Cheers.

So I had the puretime discount for supporters of RWI + bought with bitcoin so had that discount as well.

Shipping (preferred + tracking) and base price, was $648 USD. (this includes discounts i applied)

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
More pictures, still shitty weather, still a iPhone.

absolutely gorgeous piece you got there! Wear it in good health!

What are your thoughts on the ceramic over all? As slaughterer said that just the bezel seems to be updated - what do you think in person? In the pictures it feels like the over all ceramic construction is updated...

TinyRick

10/1/17
absolutely gorgeous piece you got there! Wear it in good health!

What are your thoughts on the ceramic over all? As slaughterer said that just the bezel seems to be updated - what do you think in person? In the pictures it feels like the over all ceramic construction is updated...

The ceramic is good. Don and I chatted via PM briefly, and compared the ceramic on the V1. The V2 (mine) is definitely less translucent, the light doesn't penetrate the white ceramic as much as the previous model, so it's more "solid" and looks good. Overall this watch is solid, it feels heavier in my hands than the Forged Carbon I have, so it's quite the watch. My biggest gripe is definitely the strap. I feel a Horus strap will make a great addition.

Then again, the translucency comparison on photo's is always going to be difficult, I imagine in person comparisons would be needed. I honestly feel that the white ceramic isn't translucent like I've seen in V1 images. I like it, and I will wear it proudly.

Reactions: BIONONE

BIONONE

28/4/17
Its a shame that they don't produce a normal strap in white for the 44mm...

I remember putting a white normal length strap on my white diver - was a nice combo. But never seen a normal strap for 44mm...

spursian

Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
Thanks for the photos! Looks good in photos. Somehow I feel the material of the ceramic parts always look better in photos than in person, even for the v1. But I'm glad you feel it's better than the earlier version. Is the bezel material different from the midcase and pushers?

TheDonSL

28/12/13
It looks great! The strap is probably still the extra small white strap. It’s still good quality, just too small. I actually like the way the rep or gen rubber looks better on this model than the Horus strap.

TinyRick

10/1/17
Have you tried messaging a TD for a jf blue ? It would much cheaper and much better than this vaginari robbery

Yeah, im going to bundle it with my next purchase. JF Blue + a Rollie, just need to pull the trigger. Can't decide whether to do it immediately though haha

TinyRick

10/1/17
Sun light? And yes, I only just noticed the Date Wheel didn't turn over completely, will monitor it, might just need a service

R9OzMZO.jpg

pbjnrlT.jpg

Dolhyyq.jpg