• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My personal collection of modded AP ROOs - Updated & Completed

spursian

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
A unique collection, some of the nicest ROO models taken to another level of closeness to gen! Silly question, but If you had to chose only one to keep, which would it be?
That's too difficult bud. :)

I'll pick my top three:
Bumblebee
Panda
QEII 2016 (sent the watch to have the logo changed)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1518849932.4206.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1518849932.4206.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1

Theatrix

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Patron
Certified
12/2/18
USA
Beautiful collection....Well done! Expecting my Legend modded Diver next week....Will be sending my Schumi to begin the process. Looking forward to a similar collection.

spursian

Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
Beautiful collection....Well done! Expecting my Legend modded Diver next week....Will be sending my Schumi to begin the process. Looking forward to a similar collection.
I'm sure you'll love the diver. Legend is a great guy to deal with.

Reactions: Theatrix

cheeky

Renowned Member
16/8/15
Stunning collection bro! Especially loving the strap combo and finish on the panda

I will keep a look out for part 2

sliterio

Known Member
24/8/16
Hi! I have seen you've posted some sales threads. Are you planning on selling any of these? specifically the navy

sliterio

Known Member
24/8/16
Well, well. I am your guy if you every wish to sell it:) Lovely collection you got! Every piece

spursian

Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
spursian What exactly is this logo change on the 2017 novelty? And are you happy with the golden DW?

Mikey revised the gold DW using the rep sample. The color is much closer now.

As for the logo, compare the original rep with the gen watch and you'll know what I mean.

spursian

Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
PART 2

Finally received my remaining watches and able to complete part two of my personal collection.

10. 42mm 57th Street Limited Edition

A collection is not complete without a rubberclad, right? The first 57th Street replica was a special project made by Toro in partnership with Noob, supposedly also 250 pieces made only. I managed to get one a few years back, sold it and regretted ever since. So here is the JF version. The biggest flaw of both versions is the oversized AP logo. So as usual, I had a spare standard logo, and had it changed. Looks much better now!

Mods done:
Logo change
Shaved tachymeter
Shaved pinion
Mikey Classic DW
MK3 cyclops
Paired with XS rep rubber strap (while waiting for a SMP Lover Saffiano Leather with double gold stitch strap)

Kr30R.jpg

KrHzd.jpg

Kra5g.jpg

11. 44mm Queen's Elizabeth Cup II

One of my all time favourites. The striking gold bezel pairs perfectly with the forged carbon case. Lots of mods were done on this one. I even had the gold parts replated to 5 microns. The case was also polished to give a matte effect. Similar to the 2017 44mm ceramic, the logo used here was wrong so I had it changed to the more modern 'fatter' logo as well.

Mods done:
Replated gold parts
Matte treatment of FC case
Shaved pinion
Mikey new font DW
MK3 cyclops
Logo change
Paired with XS rep rubber strap

Krdf2.jpg

KrY5b.jpg

KrOjZ.jpg

12. 42mm Volcano

Another classic piece, and one of the better reps in the market. With its fiery orange, it easily stands out, just like the Bumblebee. This watch was also thinned!

Mods done:
Shaved tachymeter
Shaved pinion
Mikey Classic DW
MK3 cyclops
Thinned case
Paired with SMP Lover Black Hornback with orange stitch strap

Kr8zU.jpg

Krgd8.jpg

KrSn3.jpg

13. 42mm Classic Safari FRANKEN

Finally, my favourite Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore piece, the Classic Safari. This is my grail piece and will always be my most treasured. I had the JF rep previously but the dial just didn't cut it because the sub-dials were a dead giveaway. The gen sub-dials are recessed and have a beautiful silver sheen.

Specifications:
Thinned JF case
LWO Movement
Mikey Classic DW
MK3 cyclops
Gen dial
Gen hands
Gen tachymeter
Paired with genuine AP Brown Hornback with cream stitch strap

K5ZjG.jpg

K5Dby.jpg

Kr5fa.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WpLCWXi.jpg

So here it is, my final 12 piece AP ROO collection (that's because I sold the JPM to a fine gentleman here). I think I'm FINALLY done...... :)

Last edited: