• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

zz37

Horology Curious
8/1/19
Hey guys, need some opinions on this DW:
https://imgur.com/a/qDHG1D1
Should I accept or get a new one? This is my second pair of QC, already asked them to fixed crooked AP logo on the dial.
Do you guys think the AP logo looks fine or still crooked a bit?
Are the 12 markers misaligned?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Hey guys, need some opinions on this DW:
https://imgur.com/a/qDHG1D1
Should I accept or get a new one? This is my second pair of QC, already asked them to fixed crooked AP logo on the dial.
Do you guys think the AP logo looks fine or still crooked a bit?
Are the 12 markers misaligned?

the tapisserie looks gorgeous on those white V4 - looks improved to my eyes.

regarding the DW - ask you rTD kindly to provide you some other shots of other numbers. But the 27 is definitely too much aligned to the bottom and a bit too much to the left... Sad thing as the rest of your watch looks beautiful.

(I wouldn't be bothered by the Logo as it is as good as it gets, the next one could be worse, 12 o'clock markers look also fine - play of light is irritating and even on some gens there are some inconsistencies in alignment as it is hand made piece of art hehe)

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
regarding the DW - ask you rTD kindly to provide you some other shots of other numbers. But the 27 is definitely too much aligned to the bottom and a bit too much to the left... Sad thing as the rest of your watch looks beautiful.

The gen datewheel actually leaves from space on the top. The latest dw has font that is too big.

Reactions: eugi18

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
They did not change the tapseries its the same like before only different lightning i would accept it. Looks very good i saw a lot worse these days.

zz37

Horology Curious
8/1/19
I told them to fix the 12 markers and then I would be ready to accept it. Very excited :)
I can live with the date wheel. It looks fine, since it looks like it is standing on the bottom. At least it is not crooked I guess

Reactions: theREALgoat

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19
Newbie here... did a lot of research thanks for experts on RWI and learn a lot of the rep world since started reading. I came across the this white dial 15400 but not sure which version/factory would it be. Can someone more experienced comment on it? Thanks!

cYp5Tg7

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19
absolute garbage - better stick to the TDs and don't try to save money on the wrong point when buying reps - it will make you look laughable.

Thanks for the tips. Any good recommendation on which TD(s) here to get a good AP or specifically 15400 rep? I’ve did more research and am I correct the JF v4 would have the best dial/DW/logo etc. Any suggestion on which of the 4 dial colours would look more gen-like at wrist-level? Thanks and sorry for my noob questions.

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Thanks for the tips. Any good recommendation on which TD(s) here to get a good AP or specifically 15400 rep? I’ve did more research and am I correct the JF v4 would have the best dial/DW/logo etc. Any suggestion on which of the 4 dial colours would look more gen-like at wrist-level? Thanks and sorry for my noob questions.

V4 is the best 15400 atm. but still got its flaws

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
White one is the best dial then black and then grey and blue on the last.

I have worked on all the dial variants and as you well know they are all flawed to varying degrees. It’s really such a pity for an otherwise well executed watch. The finishing of the case is (visually at least) on par with gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrOptional

8/10/18
kk169
There isn't a best TD, all of them are good for their own reasons. Check out TDs section, if you need more of my opinion PM me. 15400 v4 is the best as others have said. Go with the color you refer. I prefer black for this watch because of the contrast with a shiny bracelet. Don't buy anywhere other than TD on this site because you can make a fool out of yourself wearing DHGate $50 rep.

thimo97

Known Member
11/6/16
Hi guys, i need some opinions on my qc. Is this the V3 or the V4 ? What do you think about the DW ? It looks misaligned to me. Do you think i should return it ? Thanks for your help

https://imgur.com/a/toOyJW9