• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

uent

Horology Curious
27/2/17
Hey guys!
After months of thinking i've decided to pull the trigger on buying my first rep watch and it will be this beautiful 15400 v3.
Gonna order it from Ryan at InTime, if no one here give me advice on a better seller.

There's only one thing left to decide and that's the color on the dial. Could you guys give me advice on wich one is the closest to the gen?
Love the white on the gen but from what i've understod the shine is hard to replicate so maybe the black is the better alternative?

Thanks!

MrOptional

8/10/18
Here is my 2 cents. I am going with the black one, waiting for QC pics now. Make sure to check QC pics before approving. There are a lot of QC pics in this thread, so just literally compare your QC vs others on this thread. In terms of TD, I think most of them are the same. You still need to do your QC. Other advices, don't pay with CC, pay with WU.

In terms of color, I picked black - I think it's the safest bet. The reason for that is I don't really like white, blue looks a bit different from current genuine 15400, but I think the current rep color is similar to previous gen. Also, on the blue one wait is like 2 years or more so it's more exclusive, more chances of being called out by people in the know. Besides that I have blue dial watch already. But a lot of people like blue 15400 here, so it's a matter of preference.

But this was my logic, and my preference. I think just pick the color you like, and go with it. You are buying the watch for yourself, and unless there is a guy next to you sitting with the same exact watch no one will be able to spot a difference.

Also, by the way, I was leaning to blue before, but went to AP store and tried on the black, and fell in love. Saw white and grey, they didn't seem that good on me. Was no blue in stock. Hence I am going with black.

uent

Horology Curious
27/2/17
grimusa Thanks for your fast and very informative answer, I do truly appreciate it.
Are there any reason why you recommend me to pay with WU instead of CC?
The reason why I ask is because it's not an option on InTime's website. I contacted Ryan about that I would like to pay with banktransfer to get the discount but he said they don't offer that to first time buyers so I have to pay with CC or Bitcoin (Don't have any and the fee of buying aint worth).

I believe the black dial is more discreet then the white one, think the white have a tendency to "pop" more on the wrist then the black.
But as I said, the videos and photo comparison between the rep and gen white I've seen the rep don't have that shine that makes it pop.
Think I'll go for the black one. :)

markvmains

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/2/17
Still up in there air to buy one... hoping to see more pics!

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I would choose blue, because black and white are boring but thats just my opinion.

MrOptional

8/10/18
Cc will charge you fees and they could be high.

Bitcoin I don’t know how to use but I think it’s easy.

MrOptional

8/10/18
Cc will charge you like $50 in fees. Foreign transaction fees exchange rates etc. plus some recommend not sharing your card on those websites.

Figure out bitcoin I think it’s better.

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
Is there really no rep 1.5 link available? I’m very much in between sizes. Both my looser and tighter options are sometimes good but pretty soon it will be uncomfortably loose or tight. I see AP produce a 1.5 link but I haven’t seen any reps available. Any other solution?

Hakai

11/6/18
Always take the blue one it's iconic!
especially the rosegold variation.

uent

Horology Curious
27/2/17
Always take the blue one it's iconic!
especially the rosegold variation.

Isn't rosegold or in fact any precious metal really hard to replicate? And that makes it easy to call out?

Hakai

11/6/18
Depends, I had the gen rose gold and yellow gold Royal oak chronos on my wrist a few times. I think they get the colour closen in case of the rosegold.

Problem is that it's just an upper layer, so wheight will be wrong. As well as deep scratches, will wear the layer off so that you can see the normal metal.

If you take good care it won't be a problem I guess.
But takes balls to wear a "50k" watch.

MrOptional

8/10/18
... exactly. if you can afford to buy 50K gen, you can go ahead and buy 50K rep. But if you look like you can't afford 50k gen, then I suggest to go with the cheapest model. Thats what i did anyways lol.

MrOptional

8/10/18
Hey guys, my previous QC pic came without the 3 o'clock marker, and this is the 2nd round. Special thanks to Tigerdragon , Ptolomeo , baia64 and others for pointing out the missing marker.

About this rep, is it updated logo and minute markers? Also, logo looks a little crooked to me, and brushing looks pretty bad, i.e. not straight. What are your thoughts?

2epPd.jpg
2eEa2.jpg
2eNWr.jpg

2ei7I.jpg

2eTRo.jpg

Last edited:

Hakai

11/6/18
Brushing to the right
3 o clock Marker is crooked
AP logo is crooked

Skip and ask for another one