• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
I think it’s Puretime. I’ve just accepted my QC pics (with one condition, as you’ll see).

Looks OK I think. Maybe the AP logo could be rotated a tiny bit. An easy fix presumably? Maybe the date is a tiny bit low. I noticed that the serial numbers are the same as bb1510’s above except the last 2 numbers in each number are swapped around. Also there’s a screw missing from the back!

bevh50.jpg

1z2ev5z.jpg

spacedinvader

Known Member
1/8/18
I’m kind of amazed they sent the QC pics without rectifying it first. I mean they must have noticed when they were taking the pictures. Did they really expect me to say ‘yup, that’s fine - please send’? *

* actually that’s what I did and it wasn’t until I was comparing serial numbers with bb1510’s half an hour later that I noticed.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
screws falling out is normally a Hublot issue :D i had them on 90 % of my hublot watches i only noticed it after friend ask me why a screw is missing i normally never look at the backside of my watch :D

Tader

3/5/15
I’m kind of amazed they sent the QC pics without rectifying it first. I mean they must have noticed when they were taking the pictures. Did they really expect me to say ‘yup, that’s fine - please send’? *

* actually that’s what I did and it wasn’t until I was comparing serial numbers with bb1510’s half an hour later that I noticed.

I think only the smaller TD's take particular notice of the small details with QC, and expect the customer to look for stuff. I've had numerous watches from Ryan/Puretime that had obvious issues. I could be wrong, and just unlucky though.

Reactions: iamxd

Giansuisse

Horology Curious
30/10/18
Hi guys, I'm new here and I've probably some stupid questions.

1. If I decide to order a watch from a TD I have to pay before the QC pics or after?

2. I have a quite small wrist size. Is it possible to shorten the bracelet on 15400 without damaging anything or due to rep it is
better not do it?

Thanks for your time.
You're great guys, I'm going to learn a lot from this world of reps.

N0tail_

1/6/17
Hi guys, I'm new here and I've probably some stupid questions.

1. If I decide to order a watch from a TD I have to pay before the QC pics or after?

2. I have a quite small wrist size. Is it possible to shorten the bracelet on 15400 without damaging anything or due to rep it is
better not do it?

Thanks for your time.
You're great guys, I'm going to learn a lot from this world of reps.

1. Yes you will need to pay for the watch + shipping before you receive QC pics from the TD. It will take the TD a few days, maybe even upwards of a week to get your watch in stock before QC pics are sent to you.

2. With a 15400 (JF V3) the bracelet quality is superb. Adjusting the bracelet will be like any other stainless steel watch. Just be careful because sometimes the screws will be tight if you have never removed them. Also don't let your screwdriver slip off the screws, otherwise you risk getting scratches on the bracelet because they're not pretty.

Enjoy your time here!

MrOptional

8/10/18
I have 6.88 wrist size and they fit me perfect. Not big wrist either. I would say anything below 6.5 you would need to perhaps explore other options, or understand that the watch will look slightly big on hand.

Giansuisse

Horology Curious
30/10/18
1. Yes you will need to pay for the watch + shipping before you receive QC pics from the TD. It will take the TD a few days, maybe even upwards of a week to get your watch in stock before QC pics are sent to you.

2. With a 15400 (JF V3) the bracelet quality is superb. Adjusting the bracelet will be like any other stainless steel watch. Just be careful because sometimes the screws will be tight if you have never removed them. Also don't let your screwdriver slip off the screws, otherwise you risk getting scratches on the bracelet because they're not pretty.

Enjoy your time here!

Thanks to all of you for the answers!
You're very helpfull.

So now I will keep reading as more posts as possible to have an exact idea of waht's is worth for me, and hope soon to push the trigger... :)

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
I think only the smaller TD's take particular notice of the small details with QC, and expect the customer to look for stuff. I've had numerous watches from Ryan/Puretime that had obvious issues. I could be wrong, and just unlucky though.

Yeah same for me, ordered 2 watches from Ryan both had major flaws. I think the just source one and send QC hoping the customer accepts. Hope this is different for my next one. At least I got a 25$ discount for my next order :D

MrOptional

8/10/18
Got my quality control pics! Are the logo and minute markers updated on this one?

x8I6a.png

MrOptional

8/10/18
Thanks! Can I ask a qc question please

12 o’clock markers are a bit wider apart on top
also seems like there is like a missing lume on the minute hand closer to the center. Like a really small dot of black. If you zoom really close you can see.

do you guys guys think this is minor and ok to accept?