• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
I have never understood the make a flaw to make another version theory. If they made the perfect rep, they would surely sell more! I would buy 3 15400s at the same time if they were flawless.

The flaws only make you hold off buying cause you know a better one might be around the corner? maybe I am just not getting it.

The comparison to Apple doesn't hold up because Apple id not replicating anything, they are just adding a new update they have made, which is different from trying to release something flawed.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
From what I understand the factories are dependent on their parts suppliers. If the version changes it is because of a new batch of a part or they changed suppliers. Yes the suppliers try to replicate as close as possible but the assembly in the factory will use old batches, new batches and what ever they have available. The factories do not name the versions, we as rep buying aficionados do and so do the TDs if they cop that we have noticed a change. They are not trying for perfection but some suppliers of parts may well be as that will give them an edge.

The latter is speculation on my part but the factories only change versions due to supply of parts and they definitely do not name the versions.

Reactions: vcappp and reppin

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
I have never understood the make a flaw to make another version theory. If they made the perfect rep, they would surely sell more! I would buy 3 15400s at the same time if they were flawless.

The flaws only make you hold off buying cause you know a better one might be around the corner? maybe I am just not getting it.

The comparison to Apple doesn't hold up because Apple id not replicating anything, they are just adding a new update they have made, which is different from trying to release something flawed.

I agree! I would pay 1K for a Perfect Rep more likely than buying flawed 400$ reps. But thats how it works..

Reactions: corleone911

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
I agree! I would pay 1K for a Perfect Rep more likely than buying flawed 400$ reps. But thats how it works..

us guys on rep forums are crazy lol we will buy 4 flawed reps for $400 each($1600) but we would riot if a perfect rep came out for $1000 LOL

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Sometimes I think the rep industry doesn’t want to make “the perfect rep”. On some watches there are only very some details which are missing and easy to make. For example the case thickness should be very easy to get at least to 10 mm. I guess they don’t want to produce a perfect rep and make some Extra mistakes on every new version, to doesn’t destroy the business for them. Of course if it’s would come a perfect rep it wouldn’t be necessary to
Make a new version because nobody would buy if they are absolutely satisfied. So I gues if there will come once a closer caseback something will be wrong with the dial again.

There are already countless threads about this.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Guys, just got my v3 what size driver do I need for sizing the bracelet. Thanks
4cbab67e0e325450d18b20bbca722f4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hakai

11/6/18
The black dial looks the best imho.
The printing on the blue looks always poorly made, but look above thats razor sharp.

Not sure ift its a qc issue but from most of the post ive seen its more like a common issue of JF

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Black is just the safe bet.. looks brilliant mate.

Any chance you could measure the case thickness?

My blue v3 measured 10.8mm , my previous v2j was 11.00 flat

They are making progress..haha

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Black is not always printed good it just didnt sell that good as the blue ones. I saw 10 black ones with shitty printing alone in the older thread. Its like the blue one you must get "luck" to find a good one. Same with the alignments.

If you want good printing buy the white one never saw a bad printed white one.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
The black dial looks the best imho.
The printing on the blue looks always poorly made, but look above thats razor sharp.

Not sure ift its a qc issue but from most of the post ive seen its more like a common issue of JF

It seems a little more of a qc issue, all dials have good and bad printing. although I agree the black are usually better.

Sent from the RWI App

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Black is just the safe bet.. looks brilliant mate.

Any chance you could measure the case thickness?

My blue v3 measured 10.8mm , my previous v2j was 11.00 flat

They are making progress..haha

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I’ll Have a go for you.

Sent from the RWI App

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
I know. Looks great!

I think the TDs will be coming with a "V4' soon! brushing has changed on some watches as well as date wheel.

they are using some old parts so I am waiting a bit until they sell them off and we get the brushing and DWO on one watch.

I already have an amazing 15400 but they are so good looking I wouldn't mind owning all the colours.

Reactions: mech500 and vcappp

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
whats changed for me:

- AP Logo its now more "filled" without dirt and shit.
- Brushing looks different (could be a light/batch thing).

No idea about the datewheel, it looks like my V2 datewheel so yeah

Reactions: vcappp

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
The date wheel looks 100 times better than on my white V3.
My printing ist too bold. This looks gen like now on the updated V3.
The brushing is a light thing I think. But maybe they also improved it. More pictures will tell :)

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
have they also updated the brushing? looks gen like in this pic

legend said the same thing. It may have been the lighting, here’s a daylight pic. haven’t had change to take plastic off yet.
a473a7a3291beb6bceb8af17fba055e5.jpg
2dcc57ae3971b4b514acbfa9d44c75f0.jpg

My date font isn’t the new one though. Not that I’m worried, I’d rather the good dial print which I got lucky with along with this brushing.

watchdehell

Horology Curious
27/2/16
This should be the standard for the dials that are allowed to pass QC lol. Everything aligned, printing is sharp, dial engravings clearly defined

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk