• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Same thing happened on one of my previous versions. Long story short, there was a screw stuck in the hairspring that bent it. Had to have it serviced. Worst part? It happened after wearing it 3-4 times and within 10 days of getting it in.

This can happen to pretty much any mechanical watch including some of the rep movements.
Many people had similar problem with Noob Panerai Pam111. It’s well documented on RWI. Sometimes you could literally spot loosen screw when looking at the QC pics of caseback exposed movement.
id say it’s pretty rare to have that problem with JF 15400 miyota movements. It was somewhat common with noob Pam 111.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
Hi Guys, has anyone done a comparison of the rep 15400 v3 white dial with the gen? I'm quite keen to get one but I'm just looking at the images of what everyone has put up it may be lighting but the colour seems a little off to the gen ?

I have a JF15400 v2j or whatever the version was in between the v2 and v3 white dial. I put a gen dial in it. Definitely not worth it, as already stated date font is off. So just don't post social media pictures of it and it is fine. I would save the money on the gen dial and spend it on a 1xAR Prof crystal and get it thinned, those are definitely more bang for the $$

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I have been scrolling through so I might have missed this if it was already asked. Has anyone measured one? I thinned down my V2 to 10.6mm. But I have seen the V3 advertised at 10.5mm. Just wondering if it is true.

Reactions: stoyania

Gillesss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/18
What’s the biggest difference with the v2j ir is it jut how some tds prefer naming it v3 or v2j

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

stoyania

15/4/16
I have been scrolling through so I might have missed this if it was already asked. Has anyone measured one? I thinned down my V2 to 10.6mm. But I have seen the V3 advertised at 10.5mm. Just wondering if it is true.

i also noticed this on the TD pages. could someone with a recently purchased v3 take a measure and advise how thin is the watch

jatomar

20/4/17
What scam?? That’s Hont’s TD page. I am asking this because I am not any expert and in the pictures I can’t see any difference between this and the JF version

BIONONE

28/4/17
What scam?? That’s Hont’s TD page. I am asking this because I am not any expert and in the pictures I can’t see any difference between this and the JF version

I deeply apologize for that - didn't realized the URL just the lower quality watch and a never seen before web design...

My bad.

Answer to your question: far from a V3 yes. Better pay 100 bucks more and get you the JF you won't regret it as everything is far superior against other factories - even if it is not a super rep.

jatomar

20/4/17
Thank you!!!! And my question is how do you identificate it as a bad replica. That’s the most difficult for my because I can’t many diferences in the pictures

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
I have a JF15400 v2j or whatever the version was in between the v2 and v3 white dial. I put a gen dial in it. Definitely not worth it, as already stated date font is off. So just don't post social media pictures of it and it is fine. I would save the money on the gen dial and spend it on a 1xAR Prof crystal and get it thinned, those are definitely more bang for the $$

Interesting to hear. I saw a watch on M2M that had been frankens with white dial on v2 iirc. base and the difference between the rep dial and gen dial was as clear as night and day. No DW alignment issues from what I can remember.

Molesou

Horology Curious
8/4/18
Do you guys know of anyone who changed the movement on the 15400 to make the date change right at midnight?

Loving my 15400 blue but that kind of gets on my nerve, especially when I’m out with friends and see that starting to happen at around 11pm.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Do you guys know of anyone who changed the movement on the 15400 to make the date change right at midnight?

Loving my 15400 blue but that kind of gets on my nerve, especially when I’m out with friends and see that starting to happen at around 11pm.

Not need for it when it is all for half an hour a day that the DW is changing...

Beside that - there is no good looking and thin movement that is comparable with the 9015 unfortunately. You would have to change the Movement holder, the hands, you would need a matching date wheel or overlay, you would need a matching rotor etc. etc.

not worth the effort.

I'm not sure if the gen changes the DW quick...

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Not need for it when it is all for half an hour a day that the DW is changing...

Beside that - there is no good looking and thin movement that is comparable with the 9015 unfortunately. You would have to change the Movement holder, the hands, you would need a matching date wheel or overlay, you would need a matching rotor etc. etc.

not worth the effort.

I'm not sure if the gen changes the DW quick...

15400 caliber 3120 movement doesn’t have quick date change.
it usually takes around 15 +/- min for date to fully change so it usually starts around 11:45pm. Some people who own gen need to calibrate it ( its very easy to do ) as it can start changing around 11:50 and fully change at 12:05 or something similar. But as I said it can be easily calibrated.

Last edited:
Reactions: reppin

BIONONE

28/4/17
15400 caliber 3120 movement doesn’t have quick date change.
it usually takes around 15 +/- min for date to fully change so it usually starts around 11:45pm. Some people who own gen need to calibrate it ( its very easy to do ) as it can start changing around 11:50 and fully change at 12:05 or something similar. But as I said it can be easily calibrated.

Good to know!

That should answer the question of @Molesou

Thanks rcom440 ;)

Molesou

Horology Curious
8/4/18
Definitely does! Thank you so much to the both of you BIONONE & rcom440
Sometimes we want to me be perfectionist in getting our reps looking amazing, that we don’t realize even Gens have small flaws (like the crooked “AP” on the dial, that was discussed a couple of posts back).

I have a friend who a see every now at bars and then who owns a 15400 and was always afraid he would noticed the WD change, because I figured it was like Rolex that changes right at midnight. Now I feel better!

Thank you again!

Gillesss

17/5/18
I deeply apologize for that - didn't realized the URL just the lower quality watch and a never seen before web design...

My bad.

Answer to your question: far from a V3 yes. Better pay 100 bucks more and get you the JF you won't regret it as everything is far superior against other factories - even if it is not a super rep.

The 15400 on those pictures looks thinner than my jf v2j, or is it an optical illusion?

Sent from the RWI App

BIONONE

28/4/17
The 15400 on those pictures looks thinner than my jf v2j, or is it an optical illusion?

Sent from the RWI App

Couldn't be that much slimmer as it uses the same movement and the same decoration. Maybe saving some thickness because of the missing DWO but i don't think it is that noticeable. My V2J measures 10mm in height