• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

cooljdev

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/5/18
you are saying that this thread is confusing and ask questions that are all answered on this exact page - are you kidding? :D

I hope so - if not - take your time and try again to read from the beginning of this thread as it is a very good lecture to get into the JF V2J/V3 topic. and maybe even the only helpful topic.

There are no better 15400 reps out there at the moment - beside some franken projects. If you don't know what that is - again - better do your reading again :D

Some people say the blue dial looks like the real deal, others say it looks washed out and v2 is better. Some people say the black one looks great and others say the black dial is difficult to replicate. So this is not confusing?
​​​​​​
Sorry, I might not be a pro like you. I've never seen a real AP. I just didn't wanna spend 400 bucks on something that can be spotted as a fake from across the street, that's all.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Some people say the blue dial looks like the real deal, others say it looks washed out and v2 is better. Some people say the black one looks great and others say the black dial is difficult to replicate. So this is not confusing?
​​​​​​
Sorry, I might not be a pro like you. I've never seen a real AP. I just didn't wanna spend 400 bucks on something that can be spotted as a fake from across the street, that's all.

Regarding the washed out blue - There was the consensus that there are different dial variations on the genuine 15400 as well.

I don't wanted to offend you in any way.

There are so many conclusions about the 15400 that it is kinda hard to stay understandingly as everyone started at your point and had to snuggle the way through the forum by reading and getting told that there will be no spoon feeding.

anyways - I recommend the Silver/white dial as it got the most correct tapisserie pattern and the nicest shine in the sun but thats just my taste.

The blue is difficult to achieve as there are so many factors to include in the process of making such colored dials.

The black V3 is nicely done too - but as always be aware of the fact that there is paint on top of the engraved tapisserie lines so it is not as refined as the anodized white dial without actual paint.

The blue one is very nice too and if you never saw a gen before you will never notice the difference without a side by side comparison and you will be impressed from the over all finish of the watch.

JF makes a beautiful job on these reps these days even if the rep is slightly thicker (nobody will notice the 1,2mm difference if he is not this educated like us haha)... The Gen is not worth buying if you want just a good looking watch and not the haute horologerie from AP itself.

You won't regret it.

Reactions: Tader

cooljdev

16/5/18
Regarding the washed out blue - There was the consensus that there are different dial variations on the genuine 15400 as well.

I don't wanted to offend you in any way.

There are so many conclusions about the 15400 that it is kinda hard to stay understandingly as everyone started at your point and had to snuggle the way through the forum by reading and getting told that there will be no spoon feeding.

anyways - I recommend the Silver/white dial as it got the most correct tapisserie pattern and the nicest shine in the sun but thats just my taste.

The blue is difficult to achieve as there are so many factors to include in the process of making such colored dials.

The black V3 is nicely done too - but as always be aware of the fact that there is paint on top of the engraved tapisserie lines so it is not as refined as the anodized white dial without actual paint.

The blue one is very nice too and if you never saw a gen before you will never notice the difference without a side by side comparison and you will be impressed from the over all finish of the watch.

JF makes a beautiful job on these reps these days even if the rep is slightly thicker (nobody will notice the 1,2mm difference if he is not this educated like us haha)... The Gen is not worth buying if you want just a good looking watch and not the haute horologerie from AP itself.

You won't regret it.

Awesome. Thanks for the answer :) there are no shops around here with AP's I don't know why, maybe because of the price. I do like the design and all, but I don't feel like 20k for a gen is a wise investment. That's why I wanted the rep.

Your answer is what I was looking for. Thanks.

kadafi9

Looking Around
16/5/18
Does anyone have a problem with their miyota movement not spinning freely in the Royal Oak? Mine stops every couple of days, despite being on my wrist 24/7 and only had it a week! when you look at the movement the gold ap logo half moon thing (is it called a rotor?!) gets stuck and requires shaking or tapping the case quite hard to free it.

My 1st rep and its not a great experience.

zilli0n

12/9/17
Nobody speeking about the GREY dial v3... is it close to gen ?

dmxzorq

Who let the dog's out!?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
14/5/18
As I can see there is a wanted for a v2j version =) Gonna sell mine when will be able to. Time to begin a Omega fan.

carlium

15/4/18
v?xj?
HTML:
[<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/unT2WZz"><a href="//imgur.com/unT2WZz"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

this is my grey jf v3. Im more than satisfied!

carlium

15/4/18
v?xj?
HTML:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/U9magCZ"><a href="//imgur.com/U9magCZ"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

craiguk

26/7/16
Does anyone have a problem with their miyota movement not spinning freely in the Royal Oak? Mine stops every couple of days, despite being on my wrist 24/7 and only had it a week! when you look at the movement the gold ap logo half moon thing (is it called a rotor?!) gets stuck and requires shaking or tapping the case quite hard to free it.

Interesting. Mine is very similar. It doesn't actually get completely stuck but it doesn't go right the way around either. When rotating the watch manually you can see the rotor turn about half way, stop and then fall back and start again. Unfortunately that means the watch is not actually being wound.

Keeps great time otherwise and I love the watch so no biggie. At some point I will try and work out how to oil the rotor and hopefully that will fix it :)

Derpboi

1/11/16
Another shot of the grey dial. This time in daylight.

Lovely looking watch there.

Thinking of buying one myself, having problems finding it on different authorized TDs here tho - where did you get yours?

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
Hi Guys, has anyone done a comparison of the rep 15400 v3 white dial with the gen? I'm quite keen to get one but I'm just looking at the images of what everyone has put up it may be lighting but the colour seems a little off to the gen ?

zilli0n

12/9/17
Thanks for pictures carlium !
Looks good !
If someone else have pictures of grey dial, please show us ! :)

neeeechlas

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Hi Guys, has anyone done a comparison of the rep 15400 v3 white dial with the gen? I'm quite keen to get one but I'm just looking at the images of what everyone has put up it may be lighting but the colour seems a little off to the gen ?

Is good enough to be honest. If you don’t be picky. No one can even tell it if they don’t have Gen side by side.

If you’re concern about it. I will let you know. Date font is wrong thickness is wrong AUTOMATIC Gen is nicely done rep have extra space after the C. But trust me no one will ever see it! Unless you post in on SOCIAL Media and #ap or 15400. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stoyania

dmxzorq

Who let the dog's out!?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
14/5/18
Let's wait for some more photos

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us

Same thing happened on one of my previous versions. Long story short, there was a screw stuck in the hairspring that bent it. Had to have it serviced. Worst part? It happened after wearing it 3-4 times and within 10 days of getting it in.