• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 v3

carlium

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/18
v?xj?
So i posted the qc pic because it was requested. I ended up accepting because I think its good enough. So per ur request, se link attached.

Reactions: LaPavel

N0tail_

1/6/17
Hey everyone!

Been lurking for a few months after missing my old 15400 V2 so I decided to pull the trigger on a new 15400 V3. I was tossing up between a white dial or blue dial so I chose the later. Watch from Toro arrived earlier today and I'm a little taken back. The watch itself is much better than my V2, the bracelet, finishing, case etc are excellent except for the most important part - the dial.

I assumed the blue dials looked washed out due to lighting but that's what it actually looks like! Compared old pictures of my V2 vs V3 its night and day. My V2 had a nice metallic blue colour (I sold it because of pimple dial) whereas the V3 just looks very muted and washed out - even though the tapisserie pattern is much better.

White dial owners, is your dial metallic rather than a flat white? I'll be listing my V3 up for sale soon so now I need to decide whether I want to go black/grey/white dial.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Hey everyone!

Been lurking for a few months after missing my old 15400 V2 so I decided to pull the trigger on a new 15400 V3. I was tossing up between a white dial or blue dial so I chose the later. Watch from Toro arrived earlier today and I'm a little taken back. The watch itself is much better than my V2, the bracelet, finishing, case etc are excellent except for the most important part - the dial.

I assumed the blue dials looked washed out due to lighting but that's what it actually looks like! Compared old pictures of my V2 vs V3 its night and day. My V2 had a nice metallic blue colour (I sold it because of pimple dial) whereas the V3 just looks very muted and washed out - even though the tapisserie pattern is much better.

White dial owners, is your dial metallic rather than a flat white? I'll be listing my V3 up for sale soon so now I need to decide whether I want to go black/grey/white dial.
Thats the reason why i didnt buy the v3 i love the V2 blue color, you are not the first one who wrote that with dull color.

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
The genuine 15400 blue color is dull muted and washed out, so they actually corrected it in V3. I was ready to buy a blue V2 as the dial was mesmerizing, but seeing that there was a huge difference with the genuine one, I went for a black dial. And since this was after the V3 update, I went for the V3 black dial.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
No the V2 is correct for that time period. The new V3 is based on the 2017/2018 color which is much darker than before.

N0tail_

1/6/17
No the V2 is correct for that time period. The new V3 is based on the 2017/2018 color which is much darker than before.

That's pretty interesting but also not surprising for a smaller watch manufacturer to have different "versions" of the same watch every few years.

I love everything about the watch except for the dial. The bracelet is comfortable and doesn't feel like it has some sharp edges that the V2 bracelet had. I'm not sure if its because I havent held a 15400 rep in awhile but the V3 feels thinner and smaller on the wrist compared to my V2. To be honest the entire watch itself definitely feels like an upgrade compared to the V2.

I'm just a little spoilt with how vibrant the V2 dial was :(

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
The genuine 15400 blue color is dull muted and washed out, so they actually corrected it in V3. I was ready to buy a blue V2 as the dial was mesmerizing, but seeing that there was a huge difference with the genuine one, I went for a black dial. And since this was after the V3 update, I went for the V3 black dial.

This is not completely correct. I’m going to repeat it again. Newest gen blue dial is not dull and muted. It looks more like v2 I’m color and shine. The dial before that was dull and muted almost grayish looking. They stoped releasing it in around 2017. dial before that version was deep dark almost dark purple in some light. It was not as shiny as the newest gen dial but it had some pretty decent sunburst effect.
the things with those gen dial is that the cuts around squares are not as deep as in v2. I think it gives nice effect but also make more difficult to print minute markers are gen dials look slightly more flat.
I think best looking gen blue dial is current version that looks like JF v2. I think deep blue almost purple version was awesome too.

Reactions: Tigerdragon

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I like the new Gen dial too! :)

Remember that deep blue, almost purple in low light gen dial? It didn’t have that heigh contrast shine like newest dial but it looked amazing in low light.

I think they realized that muddy blue dial is not that good looking - I’m glad they dumped it.
Patek Philippe nautilus blue also went from great deep blue to ugly dull blue gray dial. It just doesn’t look good.

Also im not sure what was going on with 15400 and white date wheel on blue dial. To me it seem like they had some white date wheels, the one they are using on white dials, and decided to put them on blue dials. Were they trying to mimic Nautilus or just runned our of blue date wheels.

Reactions: Tigerdragon

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
I made an order for three watches early last month on puretime (about 9th of April). It consisted of three watches and a strap:

- One of them was an IWC that was released in 2014 (Pilot Chrono IW388007 Real Ceramic V6F 1:1 Best Edition on Black Nylon Strap A7750) that I would believe it would be really hard to find stock for it. However I received QC pictures about 2 weeks afterwards.

- The second of them was a very custom made Breguet that they produced really low quantity (at least at first), and I was expecting this one to be the delay for the order (Tradition 7057BB/G9/9W6 SS Real PR SF 1:1 Best Edition Black Skeleton Dial on Black Leather Strap A507). I received QC pictures of this about four weeks afterwards (they had to wait for it to be in stock).

- The third one was a simple AP 15400 V3 Black Dial in Rose Gold. I still haven't received QC pictures of this after almost one month and a half of the order.

Please do not let me be misunderstood as "blaming" puretime on the delivery time on an order, I've had incredibly great experience with them. But I find it very strange that the watch delaying the order that much is the one that I would expect them to have in stock and get it in a couple of days of the order.

Does anyone know if there is a shortage on the RG versions of the V3? My latest information in the numerous e-mails we've exchanged with puretime is "please wait a couple of days longer".

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Old Gen found on Instagram thats the version V2 did use almost 1:1
147cb96c0f96137a0dc1f114bb5210c5.jpg

Reactions: jakekrait

Steste

12/5/18
I have decided to buy the 15400 v3 but reading this thread I am now in doubt about the colour as blue seems to be a bit washed out. Would v2 be a better overall product in blue ?
Black on the other hand is known for being a bit difficult to replicate in reps. Is that true for v3 ?
i have not seen the white.
could somebody kindly provide advice ?

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I have decided to buy the 15400 v3 but reading this thread I am now in doubt about the colour as blue seems to be a bit washed out. Would v2 be a better overall product in blue ?
Black on the other hand is known for being a bit difficult to replicate in reps. Is that true for v3 ?
i have not seen the white.
could somebody kindly provide advice ?

Black and white are both great choices when it comes to v3.

cooljdev

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/5/18
Hey there,

First post here. I wanted to buy a 15400, but I'm a bit confused after reading this thread. So, which one is the closest to the real deal? V3 blue, black or white?

Also, is the jf v3 as good as it gets or are there even better reps out there? I don't mind paying more if the quality is better, I guess I'd pay up to $1000 if the quality is right.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Hey there,

First post here. I wanted to buy a 15400, but I'm a bit confused after reading this thread. So, which one is the closest to the real deal? V3 blue, black or white?

Also, is the jf v3 as good as it gets or are there even better reps out there? I don't mind paying more if the quality is better, I guess I'd pay up to $1000 if the quality is right.

you are saying that this thread is confusing and ask questions that are all answered on this exact page - are you kidding? :D

I hope so - if not - take your time and try again to read from the beginning of this thread as it is a very good lecture to get into the JF V2J/V3 topic. and maybe even the only helpful topic.

There are no better 15400 reps out there at the moment - beside some franken projects. If you don't know what that is - again - better do your reading again :D