• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO blackthemes: Gen vs Rep Comparison

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
By Legend of Speed, reposted by alvinado.

One of the SoCal family owns a gen Black Themes... and although he will remain nameless, he provided his Black Themes for these comparison shots next to a Black Themes V2 secs@12 watch owned by me...
In the pics, the gen is the bracelet version, the rep is the rubber strap version....

deGAZYL.png

Fk32LTF.png

SI0uwSp.png

9KWqjkW.png

This last shot is a comparison between the gen Black Themes versus a Ziggy lumed Slevin... taken to gauge the intensity of the lume versus the master's.... as my rep will be going for lume soon.
liHneff.png

Hope you enjoyed the pics... and thanks to the fellow SoCal member for taking the pics..

Last edited by a moderator:

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
WOW!! Nice. It's almost identical. If I wasn't told which is which I won't be able to tell the difference. Anyone care to point out some flaws?

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
wooow! I think the only visible flaw that I would see is the fat case back.... and I could definately live with that!!!! great post...don't we just love those gen/rep comparisons...:)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
it is easy to see, the gen date is more to the right, this is why a gen dial will not fit on a rep movement. Another flaw is the position of the crown.

reeder139

14/4/09
The squares on the dial look a little smaller on the rep and the numbers are also thinner on the rep but looks very good overall...!

sleddoc33

Looking Around
17/7/10
New to site, great site by the way!!! Can anyone let me know where I can purchase a similar AP Themes as pointed out in the pics???

AtT

Horology Curious
22/9/10
Hi guys,

Noticed that there is silver outline around the numeral markers on gen.
Just wonder if there is the same thing on rep? Can't see clearly on the pics.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Hi guys,

Noticed that there is silver outline around the numeral markers on gen.
Just wonder if there is the same thing on rep? Can't see clearly on the pics.

The outline around the numeral markers is black, same on the gen and on the rep.It is the light on these pics, just look at my dial:

IMG_5986.jpg

AtT

Horology Curious
22/9/10
Thanks a lot Guru,

It's crystal clear to me now. Can't wait to get it.

kesha

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/10
Guru, I believe that the gen black themes does have the silver outlines around the numbers. I've seen it in person and you can also see it in gen pics online.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
ok, I can see it now but depending on the light condition, my also look silver, but they are more on the black side.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
I think the Black themes looks stunning on rubber!