• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Post your best modded non-Franken AP.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Sure, but for my budget the noob is "ok" :)

But the difference between the JF and Noob releases aren't significant at all bro, its not like one is double of the other.
It is entirely possible that a Noob MH may pop up on M2M but for this watch, you will need to consider the color as well.
Like what Quetip mentioned, colors on both are off and the best bet is to have it painted aftermarket like what Zeula did.
Speaking of whom, where the hell did that guy disappear to? Paging Zeula :hehehe: :qtip2:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
But the difference between the JF and Noob releases aren't significant at all bro, its not like one is double of the other.
It is entirely possible that a Noob MH may pop up on M2M but for this watch, you will need to consider the color as well.
Like what Quetip mentioned, colors on both are off and the best bet is to have it painted aftermarket like what Zeula did.
Speaking of whom, where the hell did that guy disappear to? Paging Zeula :hehehe: :qtip2:

I agree with you and Q about it, but budget wise the stock one is fairly sufficient for me (we already deal with a lot of flaws on our 500usd reps, so one more or less...) :)

Reactions: legend

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
57th street case back in the lathe
43464397a11a01b7c4666b14cb6134e2.jpg

After few hours of fiddling with that bloody case back and a gen 7750 rotor in place. One day I might chase the last 0.3mm if I am really bored, but for now I m pretty happy for my first thinning
29d818e12229421a6877aff924a59599.jpg

6c3b88189fa807af0e6adf6b00654ee2.jpg

edcfedc7631f12301fe2e17e06a32dc5.jpg

Big ‘thank you’ to [mention]Dr Fun Socks [/mention] for the lathe tuition, the skills and the massive help with this work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
57th street case back in the lathe
43464397a11a01b7c4666b14cb6134e2.jpg

After few hours of fiddling with that bloody case back and a gen 7750 rotor in place. One day I might chase the last 0.3mm if I am really bored, but for now I m pretty happy for my first thinning

Big ‘thank you’ to [mention]Dr Fun Socks [/mention] for the lathe tuition, the skills and the massive help with this work

great, but you absolutely need to address hands and cyclops+dw !

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem

My wife locked me down since Aug because of buying too much rep. Lol.

Here mine repainted. However, I think by using JF for repaint will look much better since JF's markers have a cavity while Noob have not. So, JF will make more Gen like appearance IMHO.

eabf51ad68a3bf4c621c690a0230fe01.jpg

ThePlayboy

Known Member
14/1/14
Very cool! Do the chrono functions work? I came across a a 26331 build with a cartier movement a while ago on here that was very well done. I've always been a sucker for the AP Royal Oak Chrono.

Yes, the chrono function is working. It‘s not a "Franken", the dial and tacky is still rep, but Domi changed to a thinner manual movement, and then he made the case and caseback thinner. I really love the result.

Last edited:

ThePlayboy

Known Member
14/1/14
What’s the thickness now? What factory is this

I don‘t remember exactly, and I don‘t have the watch here at the moment, but I think it‘s about 12mm, feels like a huge difference when I wear it. It‘s OMF factory.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Yes, the chrono function is working. It‘s not a "Franken", the dial and tacky is still rep, but Domi changed to a thinner manual movement, and then he made the case and caseback thinner. I really love the result.

Mind sharing which movement you placed in here?

ThePlayboy

Known Member
14/1/14
Mind sharing which movement you placed in here?

I wan‘t clear, sorry. Domi changed the 7750 movement from automatic to manual and took the rotor away, that‘s why it‘s thinner. It‘s the same movement, rebuilt to a manual movement.