• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

a7750 service?

tmac7592

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/2/16
Does anyone know of anyone who can service an a7750 movement in the US? I searched and contacted two people about a week ago, strodda and vac but haven't heard back.

I didn't know any better and I guess reset the chrono while the second hands were between 10-2 and now the minute marker resets to zero. I just need the hand reset and then Im not touching that damn chrono mechanism again.

Watch is a panda 42mm ROO

Any help would be great, thanks

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
I've sent Stroda several messages but not getting a reply. Maybe he dosen't reply during the week, and only on weekends.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
find a way to remove bezel and carefully push the hand straight with toothpick. make sure not scratch other parts

y1ru

28/9/16
super expensive to fix here ... at chinatown ny they quote me $200. at that point i might as well buy a new watch.

tmac7592

21/2/16
Strodda is taking care of it for me. Barely charging anything too thankfully.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

OTF_300

24/6/16
Who is Stroda and how to contact him? I'm looking for someone experienced enough to service my new AP with A7750, I will ship it to him

replicalover

Renowned Member
20/2/11
Chicago
Chinese 7750 not worth fixing. Just replace the movement for $150. If you send it off that is all they will do anyway .

Sent from my watch repair shop

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
Chinese 7750 not worth fixing. Just replace the movement for $150. If you send it off that is all they will do anyway .

That is absolutely incorrect. I don't know who you've worked with in the past, but I have not heard of any 'smith here doing that. Not only is doing that showing a complete lack of integrity... but purchasing a "new" Asian movement does mean anything.

replicalover

Renowned Member
20/2/11
Chicago
I have worked on these movements and the parts are soft as butter and loose as my ex. The parts are nothing like the quality of swiss. This is why they do not last more than five years the parts just wear to fast. Buy a new one and service it then pop it in the case. Just not cost effective to repair one in my opinion.

OTF_300

24/6/16
He goes by the name G. His forum page is
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/services-faq.60017/

He has serviced my Daytona seconds at 6.

Lets say I wanted the smith to install a genuine Swiss ETA 7750 for me, can he do that? And can he also transfer the decoration and rotor plates from the A7750 to the genuine Swiss ETA 7750? Or is that an impossible task? And how safe is shipping the watches overseas with airport customs and all? Thanks

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Lets say I wanted the smith to install a genuine Swiss ETA 7750 for me, can he do that? And can he also transfer the decoration and rotor plates from the A7750 to the genuine Swiss ETA 7750? Or is that an impossible task? And how safe is shipping the watches overseas with airport customs and all? Thanks

Ok, let's break this down, it's a closed back watch, and any compitent watchsmith will be able to see straight away it's a 7750, so deco plates are useless and a hazard as they can come loose and damage the movement. Also, remember the case is about 1.8mm thicker do odds are the watchsmith will know it's a fake before the back is open.

As far as the movement, you have two main components, the base 7750 and the transfer module. The base 7750 is mostly a solid reliable movement. The transfer module is where issues occur. I have read a couple of posts where a ETA7750 was installed, but from a cost perspective, here's some rough numbers. A full service of the 7750 and transfer module will cost 250-300. A new ETA 7750 will cost you about 450, plus watchsmith costs of probably$100, plus the problematic transfer module will not have been cleaned and oiled, so there will be additional cost for that service. While I like Swiss movements and swap movements that can be swapped with ETA counterparts as needed, this is one case where I say use the Asian clone movement and have it serviced, and with mine this is what I have done.

OTF_300

24/6/16
Ok, let's break this down, it's a closed back watch, and any compitent watchsmith will be able to see straight away it's a 7750, so deco plates are useless and a hazard as they can come loose and damage the movement. Also, remember the case is about 1.8mm thicker do odds are the watchsmith will know it's a fake before the back is open.

As far as the movement, you have two main components, the base 7750 and the transfer module. The base 7750 is mostly a solid reliable movement. The transfer module is where issues occur. I have read a couple of posts where a ETA7750 was installed, but from a cost perspective, here's some rough numbers. A full service of the 7750 and transfer module will cost 250-300. A new ETA 7750 will cost you about 450, plus watchsmith costs of probably$100, plus the problematic transfer module will not have been cleaned and oiled, so there will be additional cost for that service. While I like Swiss movements and swap movements that can be swapped with ETA counterparts as needed, this is one case where I say use the Asian clone movement and have it serviced, and with mine this is what I have done.

My AP does have an open glass case back which is exactly why I need the decorations, so I'm still lost if this can be done like transferring the decorations from the Asian one to the ETA, and so you mean the ETA might cost me around 450 + the cost of the technician so around $550 total? Or is it going to cost $300 more because of the module and cleaning it? Would a new ETA 7750 really need a service? And I also asked if shipping the watches overseas is safe or not so I'd like your opinion on that

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
My AP does have an open glass case back which is exactly why I need the decorations, so I'm still lost if this can be done like transferring the decorations from the Asian one to the ETA, and so you mean the ETA might cost me around 450 + the cost of the technician so around $550 total? Or is it going to cost $300 more because of the module and cleaning it? Would a new ETA 7750 really need a service? And I also asked if shipping the watches overseas is safe or not so I'd like your opinion on that

Ok, here are the two options...
1. Have the existing A7750 serviced. This will run $250-300. Once serviced the movement will be comparability reliable to the ETA. This is the route I recommend .

2. Source a gen ETA 7750.(it will not need servicing if purchased new from a reputable dealer like Otto Frei or startimesupply or brothers). This will cost $450. I thought you had a Daytona, so hopefully the deco plates can be transferred. The movement baseplate, etc will not be as nicely finished. These will not transfer over. You need to find a watchsmith who will be willing to mate the ETA movement to the Chinese transfer module after the module has been serviced. This will cost an undetermined amount, probably$150-$200. You will not gain anything as far as reliability vs servicing the Asian since the most common failure point, the transfer module, is still there.