• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
AP 3120 cal. sourced for a franken 15400 for a member here.
ZPUnUJ.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Stunning, just stunning

They pop up from time to time on C24, and are available through maybe 2-3 other private sources that I know. I am sure they are available elsewhere but my network is limited.
Good luck with your search, if its still ongoing!

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I suppose this is a franken of sorts:

A gen ROO Marcus fitted with an aftermarket ceramic bezel. The original PVD coating on the bezel has worn off and owner has opted to replace it with a ceramic bezel.
The bezel, crystal, and bezel screws all have to be modded for the bezel to fit.
Just for sharing.
ZPTpzS.jpg

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I know it is an AP thread but hopefully it is ok.

Everything is gen in this pic

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Whowww.

People on hear always moaning about rep 5711 bracelet end link fit - I’d be concerned that rep bracelet doesn’t fit gen case! Anyways, good luck. I’m sure someone here will help MAKE the bracelet fit if push came to shove

Sent from the RWI App

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I know it is an AP thread but hopefully it is ok.

Everything is gen in this pic

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Whowww.

People on hear always moaning about rep 5711 bracelet end link fit - I’d be concerned that rep bracelet doesn’t fit gen case! Anyways, good luck. I’m sure someone here will help MAKE the bracelet fit if push came to shove

Sent from the RWI App

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Whowww.

Sent from the RWI App

He probably has a Gen Braclet in queue as well ;)

Reactions: mech500

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Some stunning builds on here. Probably one of the most interesting threads on the forum for inspiration and general eye candy. Out of curiosity, what is the repair strategy for when these gen movement builds need parts (eg a spring or gear fails)? I assumed aftermarket AP movement parts aren’t available but I don’t. Maybe you can use generic watch parts for common serviceable parts like springs?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Some stunning builds on here. Probably one of the most interesting threads on the forum for inspiration and general eye candy. Out of curiosity, what is the repair strategy for when these gen movement builds need parts (eg a spring or gear fails)? I assumed aftermarket AP movement parts aren’t available but I don’t. Maybe you can use generic watch parts for common serviceable parts like springs?

I think the strategy differs for each individual. Without going to watchmaking school, you need a really good watchmaker that doesn't mind franken watches. Just call in advance of the quote. Mine doesn't care and right now the watch is with him for case work.

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
Just for sharing (and not for sale)

Gen Nov 2016 I series blue 15400 dial sourced for a member here.
ZPJOHW.jpg

You never said you could source gen blue 15400 dials mate! Put me next in line for a purchase (I assume there are many people in line already)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You never said you could source gen blue 15400 dials mate! Put me next in line for a purchase (I assume there are many people in line already)

I don’t advertise my connection to sources which allow me to obtain gen parts my friend and I hope you understand. I get requests from time to time from friends and guys I know and I try to help.
It’s funny when I get these requests from noobs and they try to tell me the terms and conditions which I have to fulfil in order to get their business lol :hehehe:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and leo6929

slavix

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/20
Is there anyone in the states (or maybe even NY) who offers CNC milling? I have a case 3D scanned.