• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Another topic. Has anybody experienced alignment problems with the "Omega Datewheel"? I am asking because a build I have been working on for somebody is not really reaching the client's quality standards for alignment, and we have been scrambling for a solution. I am just wondering if these problems have been experienced by others and what their workaround was, if any. The numbers of the datewheel seem to vary in position in the aperture, and the numbers in the teens gradually drift toward the left so that the number 20 is so left adjusted it is partially cut off by the aperture rim
Here are some pics to illustrate:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Another topic. Has anybody experienced alignment problems with the "Omega Datewheel"? I am asking because a build I have been working on for somebody is not really reaching the client's quality standards for alignment, and we have been scrambling for a solution. I am just wondering if these problems have been experienced by others and what their workaround was, if any. The numbers of the datewheel seem to vary in position in the aperture, and the numbers in the teens gradually drift toward the left so that the number 20 is so left adjusted it is partially cut off by the aperture rim
I DONT like this at all....... Pm

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
[]

Like I said, feel free to criticize whatever you see. It does not bother me especially knowing your true intention and agenda. But you need to at least also understand that the datewheels are a joint effort between me and edgematic, and if your target of your "smear and discredit" campaign is me, then at least find something which I am solely the purveyor or creator of, and make a dedicated thread for it please. I am TOTALLY fine with that. It will in fact be more effective for your disparagement actually, instead of doing something sneaky and subtle like this, which allows you to innocuously deny your true intentions when called upon. I meant it when I said that I can take as well as I can give, so no problems at all, so do your worst. It will not deter me even by an iota. :D

blackboxes

Advisor/Supporter
Advisor
31/5/15
The Omega Datewheel had been a joint project between myself, Legend, and Edgematic. (I personally don't like to put my name in things so back then had requested to keep my name out).

I don't think it's flaws are anything new since it was release OVER 2 years ago and installed on multiple frankens and reps including my own, so I do have to agree what's the intent in this seemingly innocent phrasing of a question unless you're a totally new modder in the block?

j-pictures-of-oh-well-shrug-meme-kidskunst-info-51439200.png

Nothing is perfect - I for one will be really glad to see any perfect aftermarket part out for the masses eventually, who knows? :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
[]

Oh yes regarding this: I’m happy to receive said watch and datewheel and I will show that the said problem doesn’t exist. It’ll be done FOC and pics will be posted thereafter to prove my point. The issue isn’t with the datewheel and I’ll solve this issue and post pics to prove that it is about modder competency. To the owner of the watch in the pic please PM me I’ll sort this out for you and do the rest of the work on this watch FOC.
I guarantee that the datewheel will be aligned in the movement 100%, if the right person is working on it.

So please have the watch and dw sent to me, I will show how it is done. This isn't a case for lengthy essays. You want the problem solved? I will do it FOC and post pics of all 31 days to show it is done. There is no need to resort to gutter tactics to disparage someone. We both know how easy it is to show datewheels aligned to the left or right. Send the watch to me, let me get the job done properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
First AP Royal Oak Franken - Gen Dial, Prof Xtal, thinned case, Gen buckle and after market leather strap

Hardly the first, there are already plenty of royal oak frankens in here and a couple with real nice specs. This will look presentable when on the wrist, congrats and wear it well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allure and Aqq007

Aqq007

Known Member
Patron
Certified
9/7/19
UK
Hardly the first, there are already plenty of royal oak frankens in here and a couple with real nice specs. This will look presentable when on the wrist, congrats and wear it well.

yep agreed! This is my first Franken project personally and totally appreciate there are other Frankens with better specs!

was only sharing with you all!!!

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
yep agreed! This is my first Franken project personally and totally appreciate there are other Frankens with better specs!

was only sharing with you all!!!

And beautiful straps you’ve chosen for the watch too. Please share a wristshot. First franken or otherwise it doesn’t change how it looks. ;)

Reactions: Allure and Aqq007

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You know how to huat one meh? I thought you are an ang moh kia?
And tapa on rwi is killing me with all these pics nonsense such as pics get inverted and etc.

He’s actually more proficient in Singapore dialects than you or me lol.

Reactions: Allure

Aqq007

Known Member
Patron
Certified
9/7/19
UK
And beautiful straps you’ve chosen for the watch too. Please share a wristshot. First franken or otherwise it doesn’t change how it looks. ;)

Yes will post wrist shots in due course - travelling at the moment.

The idea behind the straps was to try and complement the gen dial and also to lessen the ‘loudness’ of the AP bracelet as beautiful as it is. I guess that’s a personal choice but that was the intent with the straps and stitching versus the dial and build.

have a nice weekend all!