• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
He does caseback shaving, not caseshaving

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
Well if you are seeing him tomorrow, will trust you to get first-hand information from the master and share it with the rest of us. :)

Thats why I commented on here :)

I whatsappd him Couple of days ago and he called me. Told me he got a new Job now, so there is only time left on weekends for modding watches.

He is still available for the usual suspects but he is cutting down on clients who are outside of EU.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
AFAIK domi is the only one providing the proper machining and movement holder.

No, Domi is not the only modder doing these two. Spongebob and I are also doing the same mods but Domi has the most experience doing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
I have a project with JS, its still not my turn yet. But when we discussed about the franken hes able to do all of it. So yeah, thats the reason tagged him :)

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
No, Domi is not the only modder doing these two. Spongebob and I are also doing the same mods but Domi has the most experience doing them.

I’m sorry, I didn’t know that. A quick search told me you are quite a versatile modder, i had no idea!

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I’m sorry, I didn’t know that. A quick search told me you are quite a versatile modder, i had no idea!

Oh no worries B. To be honest I don’t talk about this or promote this out of respect for the pioneer work which Domi has done for the community. I took a long time to learn to start to do the work which Domi can probably do with one eye closed lol.

Domi’s work is incomparable and I think he’s in a league all by himself. We are dabblers by comparison and that was why I think it’s important to recognize and respect the contribution of the master of his craft. Always happy to be a student here.

Last edited:

RolexLover80

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/12/17
Oh no worries B. To be honest I don’t talk about this or promote this out of respect for the pioneer work which Domi has done for the community. I took a long time to learn to start to do the work which Domi can probably do with one eye closed lol.

Domi’s work is incomparable and I think he’s in a league all by himself. We are dabblers by comparison and that was why I think it’s important to recognize and respect the contribution of the master of his craft. Always happy to be a student here.

Domi is his name on rwi?for contact him?thanks!

Sent from the RWI App

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
You should stop doing this
1. to make your wife happy
2. to enable Domi spending more time for our demands

You can Send him your watch, no Problem if you are eu based.

Just gotta have pacience as it could take 2 - 3 month Till you See it again.

dullidulli

Certified
3/6/13
You can Send him your watch, no Problem if you are eu based.

Just gotta have pacience as it could take 2 - 3 month Till you See it again.

Yes, thanks, I know mate.
Already sent him some in the past and am aware of average wait time.

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
These just arrived from Switzerland. Waiting for the base watch..

f3a80192519ac5e9390beb7e6b59acb6.jpg

Last edited:

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Revolper can you still buy JF base watches from TD's. rumour was all the classic models no longer made.
what build you have planned?

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
You have a replacement caseback? You cant use JF’s new caseback. Its biiig! And you cant shave so mutch on it. :/
1e351031881b276df715a1e7def766e1.jpg

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Jurgenk it surely wasn’t but at least i don’t need to pay for plating on this one ;)

It was sold to me as new, from the 90’s. What I know for sure is that it’s not from the first batch.

Garuda I think it’s a dark blue but not entirely sure right now. Will find that out later.

Tompa that thing has the height of a Big Mac. I’m hoping domi will bring it down to gen thickness.

Reactions: Jurgenk and Tompa

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
Actually, this could be an earlier dial as I’m counting 9 dots above the “Audemars Piguet”. Maybe the true experts want to chime in.

Last edited: