• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Probably because your case will not be solid gold.

Yes of course it will not be a solid gold case :) it will be replated in the genlike gold tone by flying Tommy :)
Is it even possible to get a solid gold case, it must cost a fortune :D

flofas

3/10/13
Europe
Yes of course it will not be a solid gold case :) it will be replated in the genlike gold tone by flying Tommy :)

I was just saying that Garuda probably named your upcoming franken "fantasy brick" because the gen AP is called a "brick" as it weights almost one kilo, and your franken will be a "fantasy" brick because it will not weight that much.

There is obviously no way to get a solid gold case as it would cost as much as the gen AP.

I should contact Flying Tommy as well, I have been talking lately about a gold 6263 build with slay and we were wondering where we could get a very good gold plating.

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
tosoboso yes you have the 9 dot original dial :worthy:

the crazy thing is the No.39 watch owned by Emmanual Gueit sold for $100k. it's not even original condition. fresh dial, fresh date font and fresh set hands.
https://www.phillips.com/detail/AUDEMARS-PIGUET/CH080218/58

Hm. The dial on my build seems to be from the first batch of 200 dials. What differentiates it from the 032 dial is the Audemars Piguet font - the museum sample has the wording printed in capital letters only. I will do some more research :) Maybe I should contact an auction house

Check this out:
https://www.watchcollectinglifestyl...e-reference-26237st-live-pictures-and-pricing

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Yes, it is indeed possible to get a solid gold AP case made. I know someone who has done it before.
It won't be gen, but it will be aftermarket. And yes, it will weigh as much as the gen AP gold case. Having said that, I think that for most owners, visual resemblence is good enough.
I wish you the best in your project, and I am looking forward to see the progress and result!

Reactions: Allure

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Yes, it is indeed possible to get a solid gold AP case made. I know someone who has done it before.
It won't be gen, but it will be aftermarket. And yes, it will weigh as much as the gen AP gold case. Having said that, I think that for most owners, visual resemblence is good enough.
I wish you the best in your project, and I am looking forward to see the progress and result!

Hey! I know him too. :hehehe:

Reactions: flofas

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I unpacked all of these gen AP parts to see if I had a silver ROO tachymeter for a member. I was surprised to see that I actually had four that I forgot about. Rare flex from me.
IMG-6688.jpg

Last edited:

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
I unpacked all of these gen AP parts to see if I had a silver ROO tachymeter for a member. I was surprised to see that I actually had four that I forgot about. Rare flex from me.
IMG-6688.jpg

You don't have a gen 15400 seconds hand hidden somewere in there do you?

I spy a Cal 2121 as well those are hard to come by these days.