• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
c77319b03f575fe466b6633fcaf499f2.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
The second most important attribute only present on the first batch of 500 pieces of the Royal Oak Offshore reference 25721ST ever produced is the type of clasp that comes with the bracelet. This special clasp with double-folding blade-like construction —similar to that on Royal Oak Jumbos reference 5402— is not only present on the first 100 examples of 'The Beast' as stated by Audemars Piguet, but it is also found on the next 400 examples of the Royal Oak Offshore 25721ST up until case No. 500. With this being said, all first 500 examples of the Royal Oak Offshore ref. 25721ST were fitted with this type of clasp.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
A quick one: those of you who know me know how much I love AP building hobby and how I always strive for perfection. Oh well, this time I hit a wall with my latest 100k project - Garuda, that's a reference for you - so who would like to guess what's wrong with this build :)

https://imgur.com/a/34Adpqb

p.s. PICR.ME is down for me

Can't see very well but pushers and crown look black to me. They shouldn't be black.

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Can't see very well but pushers and crown look black to me. They shouldn't be black.

You are right about the pushers, though many gen Beasts come with black (service) pushers.

flying-tommy & Garuda - you are right about those details too.

But the one I was referring is right there, in the middle of the photo - maybe legend can help. I'll give you a hint, it starts with an "h".

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
You are right about the pushers, though many gen Beasts come with black (service) pushers.

But the one I was referring is right there, in the middle of the photo - maybe legend can help. I'll give you a hint, it starts with an "h".

Hands ???????? but yours look Gen tho with the Pyramid Stacking Effect. Or did the early Hands didn't have that Pyramid effects?

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Hands ???????? but yours look Gen tho with the Pyramid Stacking Effect. Or did the early Hands didn't have that Pyramid effects?

MAYBE just maybe you have to look again brother

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
To my eyes there are still 4 hands missing or am I blind? :D

If that is the answer - it was too obvious to be taken into consideration as an issue for you franken masters hehe

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Have to say that I'm just enjoying the banter between the true experts.... Carry on!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

yes sir, but I will let others play for the sake of learning. Thank you for doing this for us T. Ridiculously beautiful build in progress.

Reactions: Allure

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Found a gen dial for a first ROO chrono project and pulled the trigger :)
Man I am so excited :D

Watch pics are my qc pics, but they are already approved ;)
908fb0882ef73bf4788f73d38a100c65.jpg
378012e8841bf10c7cf0e0ae0f144f9b.jpg
12f49f29bb37b75a195c750f1cfe523b.jpg

Gesendet von meinem COL-L29 mit Tapatalk

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Found a gen dial for a first ROO chrono project and pulled the trigger :)
Man I am so excited :D

Very nice project! Goodluck.

If I may ask what's the plan for the open case back and the hands?

I only coz I have a Gen Elephant dial sitting with me so I am contemplating a similar bulid.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Deco plate over lwo :D ;D

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
Very nice project! Goodluck.

If I may ask what's the plan for the open case back and the hands?

I only coz I have a Gen Elephant dial sitting with me so I am contemplating a similar bulid.

Thanks!
That was something I also wanted to ask the pros :D I would be fine with the open caseback and the view on the LWO, I know the movement of an AP is one of the most wunderful movements (my opinion) but as I don't want to pass it as a gen it would be okey for me to see the LWO Movement :)

regarding the hands I will look if I can get some gens, otherwise I will keep the rep hands and upgrade sometime when I get lucky :D

Tompa yeah ? is it possible to keep the deco plate ? That would be awesome, do you also know if the rotor can be installed with the LWOs ? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: flying-tommy

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks!
That was something I also wanted to ask the pros :D I would be fine with the open caseback and the view on the LWO, I know the movement of an AP is one of the most wunderful movements (my opinion) but as I don't want to pass it as a gen it would be okey for me to see the LWO Movement :)

regarding the hands I will look if I can get some gens, otherwise I will keep the rep hands and upgrade sometime when I get lucky :D

Tompa yeah ? is it possible to keep the deco plate ? That would be awesome, do you also know if the rotor can be installed with the LWOs ? :)

One good thing about the 26470 builds (or equivalent) is that the rep hands can actually be polished, refinished and reshaped to resemble the gen better than the older style ROO hands. No need gen hands for the beginning phase. I think the gen hands are rather impossible to source as separate parts anyway...

For the caseback, there are a few options:

1. Use a closed caseback
2. Just use the LWO movement and rotor and don't care about the accuracy, nobody sees it anyway.
3. Source a gen movement (complete with rotor and datewheel)

I do not think any of the deco plates or rotors will fit the LWO 283 but I have never tried modding one to fit.

Hublot1704

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/17
One good thing about the 26470 builds (or equivalent) is that the rep hands can actually be polished, refinished and reshaped to resemble the gen better than the older style ROO hands. No need gen hands for the beginning phase. I think the gen hands are rather impossible to source as separate parts anyway...

For the caseback, there are a few options:

1. Use a closed caseback
2. Just use the LWO movement and rotor and don't care about the accuracy, nobody sees it anyway.
3. Source a gen movement (complete with rotor and datewheel)

I do not think any of the deco plates or rotors will fit the LWO 283 but I have never tried modding one to fit.

Thanks Legend for your advice!

I am in contact with flying tommy and he aslo helped me a lot, he also said the gen hands are not necessary for the beginning phase, maybe as an upgrade (if I get my hands on a set) or modding the rep ones.

I think sourcing a gen movement is something for a future far far away :D I don't know (and maybe I don't want to know how expnesive a gen movement ist :D)
A closed caseback is an option but i think I will go with the second option. For me it is no problem, and I always like to see the movement :) If it is possible to mod the deco plate oder the rotor this would be great, then I would go with this. I am super happy that I got the dial as it was the only one I found online :D

It will also get a gen like gold plating from flying tommy and of course the case mods to fit the dial and the LWO movement :)
And I already saw a really nice python strap :p

I am happy and thankful for any advice I can get from you guys!

Love the AP franken section here, never saw such passionate and real group like you here !