• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What AP Franken(s) do you have in the works?!

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
Now that MIkey is retired, we need somebody to step up and manufacture gen-spec datewheels and gen-spec hands. Otherwise, these Franken ROO/RO builds will become increasingly costly, or, in the case of people not willing to pay the costs, inaccurate. It is a miracle that people are still undertaking them and finishing them at the high standards we see in the last few posts.

I still have a batch of Legend/Edge dw's lying around, will talk to Legend to see if we can sell these again through the sales forum.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
V68A0y.jpg

V68mda.jpg

Well T, if that is not gen, then it’s executed to perfection. A heartfelt Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
^^ High praise from a true AP connoisseur. From my lowly perspective, it looks incredible... Enjoy!

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Well T, if that is not gen, then it’s executed to perfection. A heartfelt Congrats!

I believe those are Gen hands. Knowing T, He doesn't like to cut corners. In this case the corners were already cut ;-)

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Admiration and praise for T--a lovely watch executed at the highest level. Projects like these are really nice to look at and contemplate when they are finished. We can take inspiration from them and examine their details without delving into the hard work and challenges and sacrifices made along the long and winding way. For me, the 15202 is, in its deceptive simplicity, the crown jewel of the AP house, and this is the best recreation yet. Some criticize the 15202 as retro or 1970s-ish (to which I always say: what is wrong with that?), but they can go buy a purple Royal Oak tourbillon for all I care. This watch will be the pride and joy of any owner, at the same time requiring as much care as a fine-boned debutante from Kensington or the Upper East Side, with their periodic need for La Mer skin rejuvenation, and detox yoga sabbaticals in Palm Springs. That macro of the dial should be used as a reference point for understanding the subtleties that compose a gen RO dial--like what makes a beautiful young woman so infinitely alluring, or what makes a rake at the White's Club so nonchalantly elegant....

Last edited:

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15

Thank you kindly Sir

P.S. Of course you only praise it because: 1. it’s got gen hands; 2. the bezel is rep

Last edited:
Reactions: watchboi

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Admiration and praise for T--a lovely watch executed at the highest level. Projects like these are really nice to look at and contemplate when they are finished. We can take inspiration from them and examine their details without delving into the hard work and challenges and sacrifices made along the long and winding way. For me, the 15202 is, in its deceptive simplicity, the crown jewel of the AP house, and this is the best recreation yet. Some criticize the 15202 as retro or 1970s-ish (to which I always say: what is wrong with that?), but they can go buy a purple Royal Oak tourbillon for all I care. This watch will be the pride and joy of any owner, at the same time requiring as much care as a fine-boned debutante from Kensington or the Upper East Side, with their periodic need for La Mer skin rejuvenation, and detox yoga sabbaticals in Palm Springs. That macro of the dial should be used as a reference point for understanding the subtleties that compose a gen RO dial--like what makes a beautiful young woman so infinitely alluring, or what makes a rake at the White's Club so nonchalantly elegant....

Sir, your posts are always written so airy as if iftaken from a 1920s literary club yearbook. So eloquent and so gentle. And yes, this is by far my finest project. And yes it outshines that 26480 in every respect. 18 months in the making, glad it’s all done now.

Reactions: SergioG

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you kindly Sir

P.S. Of course you only praise it because: 1. it’s got gen hands; 2. the bezel is rep

Ohhhhh bezel is rep? Now that you mention it, that’s an obvious tell gazing from space. :D

Well done T. Must feel good that you’re the only guy outdoing yourself around here lol.

Reactions: Allure

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Sir, your posts are always written so airy as if iftaken from a 1920s literary club yearbook. So eloquent and so gentle. And yes, this is by far my finest project. And yes it outshines that 26480 in every respect. 18 months in the making, glad it’s all done now.

he he. Reading what I wrote, you are absolutely correct, my language is suffused perhaps too much with my lifelong love of the poetic prose of John Updike... It is a gorgeous watch, I feel like I am ogling a classic beauty over a plate of Hommard Bleu and a flute of Krug at a 3 star restaurant in Mayfair when I look at it. There I go again.

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
he he. Reading what I wrote, you are absolutely correct, my language is suffused perhaps too much with my lifelong love of the poetic prose of John Updike... It is a gorgeous watch, I feel like I am ogling a classic beauty over a plate of Hommard Bleu and a flute of Krug at a 3 star restaurant in Mayfair when I look at it. There I go again.

Love that slaughterer62 is a smith of words and watches. It is by design that a well-crafted watch that strikes a timeless and harmonious balance of proportions can evoke similarly timeless passions and imagery.

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
You sure this isn't a photo from the boutique ;-)

For two weeks I was with my wife at Wempe in Frankfurt.
And my wife to me „they don’t have much AP Collection“ LOL

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Danii